AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2010-10-25, 16:24   Link #21
meko

Looks like you need to gather talented people who are passionate about the show and are not only passionate about Japanese or only passionate about spreading their anime nickname on the internet.

If they really loved the show I think they'd stick around for longer.
meko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 16:43   Link #22
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

It really is an uphill struggle to get older shows done. A combination of finding a raw in the first place and then begging / convincing a translator that it's worth their time! I really do think we need more people with a passion for some of the older series!
Old 2010-11-27, 17:57   Link #23
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Problem with that is that there's no real way to convince someone about something he has not seen. It's a vicious circle.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 17:05   Link #24
Inactive

Send a message via ICQ to Inactive
Main problem is how convince someone to watch nicovideo-rips of old crap in SHDTV era.)) I hoped Heibi know someone willing to help with LD stuff, but...
Fortunately, at least Licca Fansubs still working on request & have VCR.
Inactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 18:34   Link #25
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Nope. Other than my collection I don't know of anyone with LDs other than my friend who edits our scripts. And hers is a small collection without anything you linked me to. Plus the answers you gave me weren't clear(i.e. had nothing to do with LDs) from our follow-on messages.
Old 2010-12-03, 03:09   Link #26
tantei okuoku
Mystery Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heibi View Post
Nope. Other than my collection I don't know of anyone with LDs other than my friend who edits our scripts. And hers is a small collection without anything you linked me to. Plus the answers you gave me weren't clear(i.e. had nothing to do with LDs) from our follow-on messages.
does she happen to have kodocha or kindaichi shonen no jikembo
tantei okuoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 08:23   Link #27
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantei okuoku View Post
does she happen to have kodocha or kindaichi shonen no jikembo
Unfortunately, no.
Old 2010-12-04, 17:16   Link #28
doll_licca
Licca Fansubs Founder

I know this has probably been discussed to death before, but if you want to convince someone to translate something this old, they have to either love it, or you have to wave some dollar bills in their face. (Preferably the larger bills, of course.)

Luckily, we have someone who loves to translate this stuff, so we're rolling along. Besides, I'm in no mood to try to work out things like tax withholding and other IRS mumbo-jumbo.
Old 2010-12-05, 03:48   Link #29
tantei okuoku
Mystery Otaku

something that find is that a lot of times for kindaichi shonen no jikembo, I get japanese native translators who want to work on the show (it is a classic 148 episode mystery series from the 90s). so you might want to try and target native japanese speakers, who want to improve their english. note more editing is generally needed for them, however they can get you scripts that are very accurate, you just have to edit them more and be more heavy on the editing (Also please remember you should give translation test to all new translators). also a lot of times they will be a lot more familiar with the material then almost any american fan (ex Kindaichi or doremon). so if you can post on japanese forms I would highly recommend trying that, you might get lucky.
Old 2010-12-21, 10:49   Link #30
Inactive

Send a message via ICQ to Inactive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heibi View Post
And hers is a small collection without anything you linked me to.
I'm not linked you anything. I can but list is too long. Since I'm gonna pay I need choice so we're trying to gather as much oldschool raws as we can.
Quote:
something that find is that a lot of times for kindaichi shonen no jikembo, I get japanese native translators who want to work on the show (it is a classic 148 episode mystery series from the 90s).
We can't discuss it here, but I ripped 1-60 eps of Kindaichi w/ english subs & definitely upload them someday.
Quote:
so if you can post on japanese forms I would highly recommend trying that, you might get lucky.
What if I don't know japanese... and obviously any japanese forums too? Is there another solutions?

Last edited by Inactive; 2010-12-21 at 11:32.
Inactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 16:36   Link #31
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive View Post
I'm not linked you anything. I can but list is too long. Since I'm gonna pay I need choice so we're trying to gather as much oldschool raws as we can.
We can't discuss it here, but I ripped 1-60 eps of Kindaichi w/ english subs & definitely upload them someday.
What if I don't know japanese... and obviously any japanese forums too? Is there another solutions?
I probably mistook you for the person "inactiveZ" who contacted me on MAL a few weeks ago. Sorry if that is the case.
Old 2010-12-22, 19:08   Link #32
tantei okuoku
Mystery Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive View Post
Thank you so much those .ass file could be a huge help. the only solution I can think of is to find some who can write in japanese and ask them to post for you. I could try and ask my translators to do that for you
Old 2018-09-21, 19:37   Link #33
tenkenX6
Undead Fansub TL/TLC
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area88 View Post
Are there really any Translators out there for 80's OVA's these days?

Over at Box-Subs we have lost all our translators for subbing one shot OVA's. Even translators at other groups I befriended have disapeared. Like where is Shin Newtype from Anime-Classic?

Anyone else having the same problem? What are the solutions to this?
Surprisingly (or not) there are still some groups around and active, like Saizen, Live-eviL, and Orphan, that work mainly on old anime. But like how it always has been, you'd have to find a translator in those groups willing and interested in whatever you want translated, though. Easier said than done. It never hurts to ask/try.

Tags
80's anime, ova