AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-15, 17:25   Link #101
hoarfrost

We don't have set dates, I believe. We just know that FSN takes place in the early 2000's and Zero is exactly 10 years before that.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 17:30   Link #102
Auria

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Zero takes place in the 90s and Stay Night in the early 2000s, right? Do we have exact years for each? Trying to figure it out for fanfic/roleplay purposes and info on what year each takes place in would be extremely helpful.
As far as I remember 1994 (4th war) and 2004 (5th war). But I don't think that was ever officially stated in the works, but Fate/Stay Night was released in 2004 that's why it's considered to occur this year I believe. 1994 also falls into the Clinton Era, but I guess without official confirmation you could always make it +/- a few years.
Maybe someone else stumpled upon exact information on this?
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 21:15   Link #103
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
This is basically a very niche and specific thread. A very quick Q&A for anything bridging both franchise. It is -not- supposed to clarify the whole fateverse/nasuverse at all.
I don't suppose someone could provide information where to find that?
Old 2011-10-15, 21:28   Link #104
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
As far as I remember 1994 (4th war) and 2004 (5th war). But I don't think that was ever officially stated in the works, but Fate/Stay Night was released in 2004 that's why it's considered to occur this year I believe. 1994 also falls into the Clinton Era, but I guess without official confirmation you could always make it +/- a few years.
That would be interesting, because it would mean I'd be approximately the same age as Shirou.

Just a pointless observation on my behalf, lol.
Old 2011-10-15, 23:30   Link #105
LostHanyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethice View Post
That would be interesting, because it would mean I'd be approximately the same age as Shirou.

Just a pointless observation on my behalf, lol.
Since we're making pointless observations, I have the same birthday as Sacchin, from Tsukihime. Happens to be my favorite character.

But yeah, I had always assumed FSN was 2003, since they started development at that time, from what I had heard.
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 01:02   Link #106
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
http://www.blackss.org/moonlit/

the site haven't been updated in a while but it has a lot of info on type-moon universe.
Old 2011-10-18, 03:31   Link #107
alumnox

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Zero takes place in the 90s and Stay Night in the early 2000s, right? Do we have exact years for each? Trying to figure it out for fanfic/roleplay purposes and info on what year each takes place in would be extremely helpful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
We don't have set dates, I believe. We just know that FSN takes place in the early 2000's and Zero is exactly 10 years before that.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
Of course we can XD. But I'm afraid the mods might delete the information since its an entire time line from the whole typemoon universe it holds information from all the games (ALL OF THEM) so what I can do is to answer the question with only the fate relevant information at the game thread since its not possible to do it here.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...15#post3812815

Last edited by alumnox; 2011-10-18 at 11:15.
alumnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 21:03   Link #108
kaizer63

Send a message via AIM to kaizer63
Quote:
I can't remember from the novels either, but, at least in the anime universe, episode 2 provides a pretty clear answer to what year the 4th war takes place: 1995. When Waver is knocked down while holding the atlas you have a clear view of its cover and the year date on it.

Spoiler for screenshot:
Old 2011-10-22, 04:03   Link #109
hoarfrost

Whoa, how is it that I've never seen that timeline?

But yeah, it's pretty odd that the anime gives 1995 as the date. I don't know which to trust given that the anime has filled in some official canon gaps already (such as Kariya having a catalyst). Ordinarily I wouldn't think much of it, but since ufotable seem to work more closely to canon than DEEN I wonder if this counts as a retcon in that case.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 12:02   Link #110
Cherry_Lover

Well, I'm not sure if the anime is considered "canon" or not. If it is, then it's set in 1995 (or possibly later, but that's unlikely).
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 19:02   Link #111
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
Whoa, how is it that I've never seen that timeline?

But yeah, it's pretty odd that the anime gives 1995 as the date. I don't know which to trust given that the anime has filled in some official canon gaps already (such as Kariya having a catalyst). Ordinarily I wouldn't think much of it, but since ufotable seem to work more closely to canon than DEEN I wonder if this counts as a retcon in that case.
rule of thumb for canoness is Author > original material > everything else.

So as long as the anime doesn't contradict the novel and neither Gen or Nasu comes out with something else the anime stands
Old 2011-10-25, 01:55   Link #112
alumnox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizer63 View Post
I can't remember from the novels either, but, at least in the anime universe, episode 2 provides a pretty clear answer to what year the 4th war takes place: 1995. When Waver is knocked down while holding the atlas you have a clear view of its cover and the year date on it.

Spoiler for screenshot:
Its impossible to be in 1995 since heaven's feel 5 happened 10 years later in 2004 and hollow ataraxia just a few months later (October / 2004).

Without looking for extra information we can even tell without mistake even the month when it happened Heaven's feel 4 since we know exactly the month and year of the heavens feel 5 thanks to the FSN and hollow ataraxia games and it was in february of 2004.

Heavens feel 4 = February 1994.

Funny fact - what we saw in the anime on the TV with the B-2 spirit bombers is actually the classic image you saw of them in action everywhere and comes from the 1994 live fire exercise near Point Mugu, California.

XD

Last edited by alumnox; 2011-10-25 at 02:22.
alumnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 02:07   Link #113
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Well, just because the map says 1995 doesn't mean it's from 1995...I seen "2012" maps being sold at different stores for a while now.

1994 would kinda make sense.

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 11:14   Link #114
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It is also the usual stuff for Dictionary being also noted with a later date. Windows and its softwares are also a huge demonstration of such trend.
Old 2011-10-25, 16:37   Link #115
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It is also the usual stuff for Dictionary being also noted with a later date. Windows and its softwares are also a huge demonstration of such trend.
Well, at least now we know it takes place somewhere between 1994 and 1996 (while canon material says 1994, the anime might just change things around a bit.)

Heh, for some reason, I feel the fact that the thing is set in the 90s (and depicted pretty darn accurately, might I add) increased my enjoyment of it...probably because of nostalgia.

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 21:28   Link #116
alumnox

Quote:

Spoiler for screenshot:
My apologies... never saw the image... my bad.

In the image the book its a Globetrotter Travel Map which as several of you already said its sold in the newest edition that of course would be the next year (2005). Most of the times includes calendar as well as coupons with some discounts and special promotions.
Old 2011-10-27, 21:30   Link #117
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:

Spoiler for screenshot:
From the character's perspective, this is likely next years. Which would put the actual year at 1994.
Old 2011-10-28, 03:37   Link #118
Cherry_Lover

The thing is, though, the war takes place in winter (IIRC, anyway), and since it's supposed to be 10 years before FSN (which occured in February), it should be the beginning of the year rather than the end. So it seems rather odd that they'd have next year's atlas out already.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 20:52   Link #119
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Yesterday, I watched the last episode to Fate/Zero, and the prequel's epicness reminded me of how much awesome the whole Fate Universe is that I encouraged myself to rewatch all over Fate/stay night episode by episode starting today.

The moment I rewatched the first episode to Fate/stay night, and saw Kiritsugu in that show's opening, in the first episode's prologue, and in Shiro's flashback it brought an immediate feeling of freshness in me.
I mean the ending to Fate/Zero connects right away to the starting point in Fate/stay Night.

Now, I brought for my first two initial discussion points:
1. Fate/stay Night's prologue opens with the last moments of the Fourth Holy Grail War, and we see in the shadows both Saber and Archer fighting to the death amidst a sea of flames result from the Grails' contents having been spilled over the city.
However, in Fate/Zero's last episode Saber and Archer are fighting inside the theater, and their last match is cut short when the contents of the Grail get spilt on the city.

Was that particular scene retconned in Fate Zero? or how come UFO Table omitted it?

2. When both Shirou and Illya see each other for the first time at the neighborhood during night time, at that point in Fate/stay night we all know that the two of them are absolutely ignorant, and possibly remain so after the end of Fate/stay night, that both share the same father figure in the likes of Kiritsugu.

Given the tone to which Illya subtly cautions Shirou to summon his servant as soon as possible indirectly she's threatening him, but directly she's warning him of danger.

At that point in which Shirou has yet to receive his Command Spells and becoming a Master, and absolutely ignorant about the Grail War, why Illya has the intention to kill him?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 21:19   Link #120
Vicious108

If you truly want to connect the dots, you should go for the F/SN Visual Novel, not the DEEN anime adaptation. Just saying.

1. That was just a misguided adaptation on the part of DEEN. In the Visual Novel, Saber said that she and Gilgamesh "clashed amidst a sea of flames", but DEEN had them fight after everything was already in ruins, meaning the Grail had already been destroyed and thus Saber could no longer be there.

Though it has to be said that the way the Fate/Zero Light Novel did their confrontation did surprise a lot of people and is indeed considered a retcon by some, since it's hard to call it a fight or a clash, but I suppose one could chalk that up to Saber trying to save face. As for the flames being missing in the Fate/Zero anime, that was a choice ufotable made, because they were there in the LN (the fire began in the Saber vs Berserker match and covered the whole building).

2. That was covered in detail in the one route in the Visual Novel which wasn't animated:
Spoiler for Heavens Feel:
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote