AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

Old 2012-07-16, 00:40   Link #901
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The mains are Yuuya, Yui and Crys. Inia is a bonus added with Crys.
Inia is prob the controversial route girl being the loli.
Old 2012-07-16, 00:44   Link #902
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Inia is prob the controversial route girl being the loli.
Well, if it lets them cash in on the Shipping and Loli fandom than so be it.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 01:12   Link #903
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markerlight View Post
Not sure what to make of this series. Episode 3 has total different atmosphere to the previous 2 episodes, not to mention all new characters, and I was confused by Top Gun's hostile reaction to Yui.

I've always wondered why Sci-Fi stories use lasers so often because couldn't you just cover your ships and mechs with a reflective surface? Lasers just harmlessly bounce off mirrors.
With high powered lasers, it wouldn't work since any dust on the mirror will degrade the mirror's reflective properties i.e. results in a burn which damages the mirror.

A working mirror can only be tuned against a certain frequency, which can be defeated by Free Electron Laser(FEL) i.e. "re-modulate" to another frequency. FEL's frequency range can start from "terahertz radiation and infrared, to the visible spectrum, to ultraviolet, to X-rays". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-electron_laser

Last edited by encia; 2012-07-16 at 01:51.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 01:20   Link #904
Destined_Fate

Decent episode for an introduction one. The characters seem pretty likeable(Though didn't get much time with the sisters or Yui) and Tarisa seems like she'll be hilarious. Though is she a tsundere or being pushed as one?

Seems Yui and Yuuya are getting off on the wrong foot, don't think this'll be settled in the next episode. At least we'lll be seeing more of the sisters though from what the preview said.

Strange that the Americas and Africa are relatively untouched by the BETA.

Still, it's nice to know that an American character is playing a large role in a Mecha Anime and isn't evil, incompetent, sterotypical white or black character, or a redshirt.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:20   Link #905
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

I was surfing around and stumbled on this.

Both units looks fantastic especially the Su-37. <3

Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 02:11   Link #906
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markerlight View Post
Not sure what to make of this series. Episode 3 has total different atmosphere to the previous 2 episodes, not to mention all new characters, and I was confused by Top Gun's hostile reaction to Yui.

I've always wondered why Sci-Fi stories use lasers so often because couldn't you just cover your ships and mechs with a reflective surface? Lasers just harmlessly bounce off mirrors.
That's only if you had a very very perfect mirror.

With the energies being handled here, anything less than almost perfect efficiency would mean enough energy to melt your ship is being transferred into your mirror.

Anything from some dust, water vapour, or the laser being a different frequency than your reflective properties are being tuned for would spell doom for your ship.

Also, why is Top Gun racist against Japanese people? Is Yui some kind of ace as well now, seeing as she is now an enlisted officer as opposed to some grunt?

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 02:35   Link #907
Destined_Fate

Yuuya is a half-Japanese American so it would help provide reasons why he hates Japan. Don't forget that Yui also hates Yuuya as well for some reason and it isn't just because he's American.

Maybe Yuuya sees Yui as an Imperial Lapdog and Yui sees him as an unpatriotic failure that stayed in comfy America, that appears relatively untouched compared to Euroasia, instead of going to the aid of Japan.

Or maybe Yuuya suffered some traumatic past as for why he hates Japanese even though he's half-Japanese? A lot of Mecha protagpnists tend to have Daddy Issues or no family home at all.
Old 2012-07-16, 02:40   Link #908
tsunade666

What's an imperial solider to begin with? the rank of Yui though is it imperial soldier or guard. What designation is that? that words reminds me of a guard to the emperor meaning that it's the strongest but in this verse. What does this mean?
Old 2012-07-16, 03:40   Link #909
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
What's an imperial solider to begin with? the rank of Yui though is it imperial soldier or guard. What designation is that? that words reminds me of a guard to the emperor meaning that it's the strongest but in this verse. What does this mean?
Yui is an Imperial Honor Guard. Depend on her suit's color (gold, as same as red), is mean her family is the house which serve royal families. While the blue color on the TSF which save Yui is color of five royal houses. Other color: purple is the Shogun him/herself, white is servant in samurai houses, black is soldiers who are choosen to Imperial Hornor Guard but don't has any noble status.
Old 2012-07-16, 04:36   Link #910
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 04:56   Link #911
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I really have nothing negative to say about this episode. Just noticed a lot of death flags for the characters.
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 05:55   Link #912
Destined_Fate

Yeah... Death Flags are pretty high. I'm expecting that VG guy to die. Maybe saving the young tomboy girl though I don't think she'll survive either. Oh, and Yuuya's friend. That guy is screaming "Kill me" just so Yuuya has a dead friend to deal with.
Old 2012-07-16, 08:05   Link #913
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Hahaha yea could have it like a Top Gear setup, Top Gear:Muv-Luv!

"On today's show, we attempt to get our TSF's through the Beta controlled territory without being Nom Nommed on!"

"Cue the music"

Oh man wild thought but what if the mysterious pilot of the mysterious TSF is the STIG!!
"Some say he once took on a whole Hive and won in under two minutes... And that he likes to spice it up in the cockpit with some wine and french poetry. ALL WE KNOW IS, HE'S CALLED THE STIG."

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 08:29   Link #914
galdr

Kinda strange they use insert song for non-serious mock battle.

They should've used it as the OP instead.
galdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 09:20   Link #915
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Episode 3 was unimpressive. The animation seems to be getting even worse, it's laughably bad now. And Tarisa gives a horrible first impression. That bratty, childish personality doesn't fit the setting at all. At least Chizuru and Kei from the VNs acted a bit like soldiers despite having several personality problems. Tarisa acts like she started cadet training yesterday.

And why are the pilots able to talk to their opponents during mock battles? I remember one aspect about the mock battles in the VNs, and it was that the participants couldn't talk to their opponents. Makes sense, because it's not like the BETA will have a casual chat with you before they ambush you. But in this episode, everyone was casually throwing jokes and jabs at their opponents in the middle of fighting! Seriously, what's with that banter? It was nice to see a mock battle animated but it was ruined by all that unfunny banter.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 09:22   Link #916
Marina2

At 18.25 of ep.3, that's only one time Yui had reaction to Toya combat.....Is that the point where she thought he disappointed her??

Did she think something like...in real combat with BETA, if he fly that high, he will get shot by laser-class??? or it was something else???
Old 2012-07-16, 09:29   Link #917
DoomRavager

Basically Yuuya has never been in real combat against BETA.

All his qualifications have been TSF versus TSF in real-world and in simulators, and only facing BETA in simulators.

He's also an overconfident, arrogant Yank.

Or something.
DoomRavager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 09:33   Link #918
tsunade666

^ he hasn't fought BETA yet? then he hasn't seen the battle field yet? and inexperienced pilot, that he is.
Old 2012-07-16, 09:35   Link #919
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Which is why he is called Top Gun i guess. Most experienced simulated pilot...

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 09:54   Link #920
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
And Tarisa gives a horrible first impression. That bratty, childish personality doesn't fit the setting at all.

Tarisa acts like she started cadet training yesterday.
Actually, I'd suggest that this implies that Tarisa is internally very messed up in her head, and that Childish, Bratty personality is a mask to disguise a horrifically traumatized mind and soul that has likely lost her entire Family to the Betas, and likely almost all of her fellow countrymen comrades to boot. Remember, Nepal has already been overrun by the Betas. Something tells me that Child! Tarisa isn't the real Tarisa.

The real Tarisa is a whimpering PTSD affected wreck, with a bright, bratty paint job plastered all over her true self.

That/Or it suggest a huge Death Flag draped all over her.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, aliens, mecha, romance, science fiction, seinen