AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-09-19, 13:21   Link #4661
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
The Toonami version was edited for TV (lol disco guns):

WHAT THE?!!
Old 2012-09-19, 13:30   Link #4662
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
The Toonami version was edited for TV (lol disco guns):

...It's a joke, right? Tell me it's a joke

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 13:32   Link #4663
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

*Rubs eyes*

Am I imagining things?

I don't ever watch CN... but this is... wow man...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 13:39   Link #4664
monster

I always thought it was supposed to be some futuristic guns. I didn't realize it was supposed to be about censorship. Either way, I'm okay with how it looks. (Okay, I may even like it.)
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 18:17   Link #4665
Aquaman OS

Oh yeah. That's because in the US if a firearm is pointed at or used by anyone under the age of 18 that immediately makes it PG rated. And they wanted it Y7, so kids would watch and buy toys (which ended up never coming out). They also edited out stuff like shots of pilots screaming or dying in the cockpit (except Andy and Aisha since that was for drama, and Andy didn't actually die).

After like episode.....20 something they realized this just wasn't working an moved it to a later slot, and gave up marketing for kids, however the edits stuck until episode 45 or something like that, which is as far at they had gotten when they were told to stop editing and just release it as it was.

Of course it wasn't like they were trying to cover stuff up. We didn't see Nichol's face explode or Tolle lose his head, but they still awknowleged that they died. And the disco guns still fired bullets.

This was the end of Gundam on TV for awhile as they couldn't market it to their target audience properly so it became DVD only. Destiny never got a tv release.

Then 00 aired on Sci Fi on a more appropriate timeslot, unedited for content (but was edited for commercial time) and they just let it be PG.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 18:21   Link #4666
n0m@n
C-Z

I seriously dont understand the way Americans think.
They are okay with sex-jokes that appears on Simpson, and even characters blowing their heads off.
But why are they so bitchy about Japanese anime? CN network even changed One Piece by making Sanji sucking a lolipop instead of smoking....

And now they are changing a gun for censorship when Gundam is about War basically.
And I've seen more violence in Simpson involving guns...... Eg Itchy and Scratchy.
Old 2012-09-19, 18:53   Link #4667
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
They are okay with sex-jokes that appears on Simpson, and even characters blowing their heads off.
But why are they so bitchy about Japanese anime? CN network even changed One Piece by making Sanji sucking a lolipop instead of smoking....

And now they are changing a gun for censorship when Gundam is about War basically.
And I've seen more violence in Simpson involving guns...... Eg Itchy and Scratchy.
Itchy and Scratchy would fit under cartoon violence, like Looney Tunes. The kind of violence that has no permanent effect on the victim.
Old 2012-09-19, 20:41   Link #4668
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post

It's because we're still tied to our religious founding or something. Christianity is still strong in America even if it has died down over the generation shift so it isn't surprising that Christians are still dictating what they feel is appropriate or not for others. Personally I wish they would just mind their own business and stop telling me what to and not to do.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 20:45   Link #4669
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And here I thought it was because we Americans still keep putting idiots in control of everything.
Old 2012-09-19, 20:59   Link #4670
Destined_Fate

Hey now, not everyone in power are idiots. In fact they're in power because they're expert liars that are very good at manipulating idiots into keeping them in power. In a lot of ways the Gundam series has got that right, dumb people being tricked into handing power to monsters.
Old 2012-09-19, 22:06   Link #4671
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Jesus H Christ, I had no idea that type of censorship was in the CN run of SEED.

I mean, if you're gonna edit out guns, you might as well just not air the show. I mean, it's already about a fucking war, I'm sure kids are smart enough to realize that when a MS blows up, the person inside it turns into a heated mass of human remains. Give kids the benefit of the doubt, I mean come on. It's like paretns and network executives automatically think, if there is ANY BIT of violence on TV, every kid that watches the show will turn into some maniac.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 22:32   Link #4672
Destined_Fate

Kids are but their parents aren't.

That's where the problems start and someone profits by feeding the fire.
Old 2012-09-19, 22:44   Link #4673
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Someone please tell me, which TWINKLE TOED COMMUNIST LOWLIFE FUCKTARD CENSORED MY LIBERTY PROGRAMMING!? Hot damn!

This gets silly, really silly. I am a gun owner, I got coworkers who are gun owners, my former boss is a gun owner, and we go shoot & hunt on a rather frequent basis. One of my coworker's 7 year old is currently learning how to operate a .22, and he does a pretty good job at it. So this begs the question, what the hell is the point of censoring firearms in a country that has over 300 million of them in civilian hands? With children learning how to use them before puberty? Like I am supposed to be offended by stuff I already got? Holy shit!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 22:55   Link #4674
Soaring Griffin

I guess us people in Canada got luck with Seed. The only things I recall them editing out were the scenes of people popping from the cyclopes and genesis, and I think the scene where Patrick gets shot so one scene the guy has a gun pointed at him and the next he floating with a bullet hole in his chest. It's probably because the station running it at the time (YTV) was smart enough to put it with all the late Friday night teen shows and advertise it as such. Anyway, I feels sorry for you guys.

Edit: Oh by the way Tak, nice Full Metal Jacket reference.
Soaring Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 23:14   Link #4675
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Someone please tell me, which TWINKLE TOED COMMUNIST LOWLIFE FUCKTARD CENSORED MY LIBERTY PROGRAMMING!? Hot damn!

This gets silly, really silly. I am a gun owner, I got coworkers who are gun owners, my former boss is a gun owner, and we go shoot & hunt on a rather frequent basis. One of my coworker's 7 year old is currently learning how to operate a .22, and he does a pretty good job at it. So this begs the question, what the hell is the point of censoring firearms in a country that has over 300 million of them in civilian hands? With children learning how to use them before puberty? Like I am supposed to be offended by stuff I already got? Holy shit!

- Tak
What can we say? Angry parents can be very vocal when it comes to their kids. It's easier for them to blame stuff like this when they mess up with the kids than owning up to their mistakes. The kids in turn learn no responsibility and blame others when they screw up. It just repeats in a sad cycle.
Old 2012-09-19, 23:34   Link #4676
james0246

We're getting a little far afield of the discussion topic. Please reorient yourselves to the actual topic at hand (Seed/Destiny), and leave discussions of censorship in their appropriate thread (which is somewhere over in the General Anime subforum).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 04:15   Link #4677
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I was just thinking, why is the ASH an amphibious mobile suit? Aside from torpedoes, that thing is armed with weapons that would be better served on land. GOON and ZNO were good amphibious MS, I think the ASH kinda pushes it though, for that type of MS.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 05:36   Link #4678
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I was just thinking, why is the ASH an amphibious mobile suit? Aside from torpedoes, that thing is armed with weapons that would be better served on land. GOON and ZNO were good amphibious MS, I think the ASH kinda pushes it though, for that type of MS.
It's designed to come secretly from the water and attack above-water targets.
Old 2012-09-20, 17:59   Link #4679
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Basically a water-faring assassin-type mobile suit. Hence why it was included in the assassination attempt.
Old 2012-09-20, 22:32   Link #4680
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Who's the naked women behind Mwu and Rau Le Creuset in the new opening?
Spoiler for Too big and NSFW:

Last edited by HiddenMessage; 2012-09-20 at 23:07.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep