AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 10 20.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 37.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 29.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-21, 16:41   Link #21
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
So is this Sharon girl including to the harem? o.O
[mod edit: removed answer to question about future content]

Anyway, great episode. Yuuya has a mighty fine Harem growing there, being that human civilization is at the brink, its ok to have multiple wives to bare children right? That would actually be kinda logical.

Yuuya is getting better and better, and starting to understand his craft and even enjoy it. Cui has that you've beaten me now I love you effect, although she had a crush on him at first sight. Now its just blown up love. Looks like Yuuya will indirectly be on Russia's sh%t list, cause he will be considered a problem once they inevitably find out their #1 weapon is starting to commit flaws cause she's too busy having fantasies about him.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-21 at 17:47.
Old 2012-10-21, 16:58   Link #22
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

^Well put, Tenchi Ryu. I lol at the sh%t list part.

Yuuya is really good at analyzing the situation and coming up with a plan to win. The new color for the TSF is growing on me. Tekkaman Status! You can tell Leon was "slightly" amused by Yuuya's win. Now bring on ep 17!

On a side note, I really miss hearing Kyon's (Lowell) inner monologue.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2012-10-21 at 17:16.
Old 2012-10-21, 17:10   Link #23
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

So what's the conflict between Yuuya and his old squad? Why was he punched in the flashback of many episodes ago?
Old 2012-10-21, 17:18   Link #24
erakk
Damned Basterd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
So what's the conflict between Yuuya and his old squad? Why was he punched in the flashback of many episodes ago?
I belive this is going to develop further in this arc. Cannot tell anything more without spoiling.

Last edited by erakk; 2012-10-21 at 17:56. Reason: cleanup
Old 2012-10-21, 17:49   Link #25
relentlessflame

*Administrator

To prevent novel readers from feeling compelled to post spoilers, I'd ask that anime-only viewers not ask questions related to future content in this thread. If it hasn't been addressed yet in the anime = can't be answered in anime episode threads. Instead, please go to the Q&A thread to ask the question if you really want an answer from the novels.
Old 2012-10-21, 17:56   Link #26
erakk
Damned Basterd

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
To prevent novel readers from feeling compelled to post spoilers, I'd ask that anime-only viewers not ask questions related to future content in this thread. If it hasn't been addressed yet in the anime = can't be answered in anime episode threads. Instead, please go to the Q&A thread to ask the question if you really want an answer from the novels.
I haven't read the novels one bit.
My last mistake was due to reading the wikia.
My comment there was sollely based on watching the anime.
But i understand.
Old 2012-10-21, 18:28   Link #27
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
if only they are indeed novel readers...

I can't really blame them that much. They have good intentions by trying to help out those with insatiable curious minds , but its just not the right place. I'm guilty too especially when the anime just first started out. Just gotta exhibit proper self-control. haha... ha...

Anyway, the episode was unexpectedly good. The biggest surprise was the well-presented battle between the Argos and Bao Feng. Granrodeo's "No Place Like A Stage" just made the JIVE exercise intense and intoxicating.

Sheesh, the CQC sequence was just outstanding and profound. It didn't feel lackluster like the one with the Type-00F. The exchange of blows between the XFJ-01a and J-10X was fascinating. DAT taunt and glowing eyes from the former was a good way to set up the mood. Shiranui Nigata taking a stance and parrying the attack was mind-blowing. Man, that was clean cut. Damn, a simple blush can really make a character look more mesmerizing than they normally do. Oh, and the scene with Leon, Vincent, and Sharon was also entertaining to watch especially since it came with hints here and there.

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-10-21 at 18:51.
Old 2012-10-21, 18:43   Link #28
erakk
Damned Basterd

I personally think this was one of the best if not the best episode currently aired from TE.

The TSF fighting scenes were alredy well done but the ammount of scenes in this one was outstanding... and Yuuya x Cui fight was just too awesome. Now he just gotta beat the infinities =D.

Vincent was awesome ahaha, nice "party leader" if you know what i mean...
Yuuya is becoming awesome at an alarming rate, just as yui is becoming cute.
And TFS fights become...Amazing. The bad part in all of this is waiting one week.

OT: i also gotta hold myself, even though i know nothing of TE's future, only whats on the wiki.
Old 2012-10-21, 19:09   Link #29
TheDisruptiveOne

Yui glanced over at Yuuya after the Russians won their match. I'm curious to know if anyone has an opinion on that.

Yui probably misinterpreted his actions. Maybe she read them as Yuuya being interested in Cryska? If you remember back to the beach episode she asked him then what his relationship was with the Russian pair.

Yuuya has looked at Yui and monologued stuff for us quite a bit in this series. Every time he does it the other characters interpret it as him being interested in Princess Yui. That is the common reaction in this series so far. My guess is that Yui probably reacted the same way as all of the other characters and thinks he is interested in Cryska.
Old 2012-10-21, 19:26   Link #30
erakk
Damned Basterd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
Yui glanced over at Yuuya after the Russians won their match. I'm curious to know if anyone has an opinion on that.

Yui probably misinterpreted his actions. Maybe she read them as Yuuya being interested in Cryska? If you remember back to the beach episode she asked him then what his relationship was with the Russian pair.

Yuuya has looked at Yui and monologued stuff for us quite a bit in this series. Every time he does it the other characters interpret it as him being interested in Princess Yui. That is the common reaction in this series so far. My guess is that Yui probably reacted the same way as all of the other characters and thinks he is interested in Cryska.
His "looking and monologuing" can also be interpreted as he findind her interesting subconsciouslly i guess... thats what i believe.

On the Russian victory glance i think she kinda felt some jealousness or she seemed surprised at his reactiont to that, thinking he would be worried that thier fight would be difficult, which, infact, he actually found it interesting.
Old 2012-10-21, 19:50   Link #31
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Agreed, the action sequences in this episode was great. much more smoother and flexible, with good camera angles. No Place Like a Stage came in at just the right moment as well. hopefully they can maintain this standard for future episodes.

And the Bar scene, lol at the Top Gun bar conversation. All the assumptions and Lowells reactions... "Love has changed Yuuya" [spits drink]... "A silver haired Japanese?" {mental image of Yui Hime changes to Ice Queen Russian}[spits drink]...
That Sharon is sharp, women's intuitions are scary... Lowells deliberate statement that Yuuya is not seeing anyone, then that little part at the end when she held Leon's hand speaks volumes about their relationship.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-10-21, 19:52   Link #32
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by erakk View Post
His "looking and monologuing" can also be interpreted as he findind her interesting subconsciouslly i guess... thats what i believe.

On the Russian victory glance i think she kinda felt some jealousness or she seemed surprised at his reactiont to that, thinking he would be worried that thier fight would be difficult, which, infact, he actually found it interesting.
It was a small detail. But I think it was significant. Especially if you consider Lowell's conversation with the Americans. That seems connected. The writer or director is setting up something interesting.
Old 2012-10-21, 19:55   Link #33
shinigami99

Dat harem :O

Yuuya is soo lucky haha. He is becoming a better MC by the episode, compared to how stupid he was at the beginning.

Great ep, hopefully the remaining eps keep this up (with more thrills and political drama).
Old 2012-10-21, 19:55   Link #34
yankky5

Overall this ep was good but kinda disappointing they didnt add a new sound track when yuuya and J-10 decided to dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by erakk View Post
This episode was perfect...
At first glance no quality problems, the fight was awesome...

Needs moar of this.

Oh and about what Yuuya was going to ask Yui:

"Please Yui... let me... get inside...
Spoiler for inside...:
lol are you an esper
Old 2012-10-21, 19:57   Link #35
Darthtabby

So what was that humiliation in Kamchatka that Cui was so worked up about? Best explanation I've been able to come up with is that she was upset that her test flight got totally overshadowed by Argos flight (and more specifically by Yuuya) when they were over there.

I'm a little disappointed that Cui made such a fuss about it not being fair that Yuuya wasn't fighting the same way her flight was in Kamchatka though. One of the things I liked about her last episode was when she told Yuuya not to insult her when he tried to give credit for his performance to the special equipment he had on him.
Old 2012-10-21, 20:02   Link #36
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
I'm a little disappointed that Cui made such a fuss about it not being fair that Yuuya wasn't fighting the same way her flight was in Kamchatka though. One of the things I liked about her last episode was when she told Yuuya not to insult her when he tried to give credit for his performance to the special equipment he had on him.
I'll be honest.

I'm not convinced that those were her true feelings. I think she was just telling her team what they needed to hear.
Old 2012-10-21, 20:02   Link #37
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
That Sharon is sharp, women's intuitions are scary... Lowells deliberate statement that Yuuya is not seeing anyone, then that little part at the end when she held Leon's hand speaks volumes about their relationship.
Agree, Leon isn't quick enough to catch or just might not care, but I'd be feeling pretty damn paranoid/insecure the way she's been acting these past two episodes.. Women man
Old 2012-10-21, 20:06   Link #38
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
So what was that humiliation in Kamchatka that Cui was so worked up about? Best explanation I've been able to come up with is that she was upset that her test flight got totally overshadowed by Argos flight (and more specifically by Yuuya) when they were over there.

They were talking about the record for highest number of kills on a first sortie fighting the BETA, or 8 minutes of death. They consider Yuuya to have cheated by using a long ranged high powered weapon. Possibly the record was previously held by Cui or one of the China pilots. In any case, Cui was already hot for Yuuya after that time, which her comrades took as anger for breaking the record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
Agree, Leon isn't quick enough to catch or just might not care, but I'd be feeling pretty damn paranoid/insecure the way she's been acting these past two episodes.. Women man
Yes, that might be why he still angst against Yuuya, since the first thing that happened was Sharon greeting Yuuya with hugs and kisses. That hand at the end kind of shows where her heart currently lies though. Fighter jocks seem to have low self esteem when it comes to women... lol. I'll bet thats why Yuuya sticks with TSFs.

"Machines... Machines don't lie... Comfort me, my XFJ-01 Shiranui"

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-10-21, 20:09   Link #39
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Lowell: and now he's in love with his new TSF.

Overall a good episode ending with Cui's declaration of war.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Old 2012-10-21, 20:11   Link #40
rafael1932
claymores pimp

. aliens are taking some vacations until the big mother ship appears

. humans are fooling around since nothing big happens

. it seems that the super weapon that kills hundred of aliens of diverse type is not real a concern right now. The most important thing is the mecha that kills 1 alien every turn – assuming that he survives after and then be able to kill another alien.

.yuuya is the only man that uses the new deodorant men power ; the rest of the men don’t even use any – that’s the main reason why the girls only like him

. Want to see some bad ass alien fight? Wait until the next season.
Closed Thread