AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-18, 20:45   Link #41
kiki san

Looks like Kaido wears an eye-patch.

Though I'm not really sure if it's really Kaido or not...
Old 2012-12-18, 20:48   Link #42
kiki san

who are the two guys next to franky on the cover, btw it looks like akainu has a mustache
Old 2012-12-18, 20:49   Link #43
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I really don't think that is Kaido. Really doesn't match the shadow outline given by Garp long time ago, well since its the time skip that could happen. Or maybe its because Shanks who wields a Sword fought against him, that could be a scar.
Old 2012-12-18, 21:30   Link #44
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
3 Yonkou was shown, as long as the 3 admirals and the supernova alliance.

How many Yonkou members are there?
Old 2012-12-18, 21:37   Link #45
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
3 Yonkou was shown, as long as the 3 admirals and the supernova alliance.

How many Yonkou members are there?
There are 4 of them.
Old 2012-12-18, 22:36   Link #46
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Peaches aren't pink though..

Pink isn't the appropriate color imo. It's like he's in Big Moms crew but a color like red,yellow or green would be more acceptable.
Momo (iro) also means the color pink, dude.

Because, uh, asian peaches found in China and Japan are pink. That's why "peach-color (momo-iro)" means pink.
Old 2012-12-18, 22:41   Link #47
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I personally think he looks good in pink...
Old 2012-12-18, 23:00   Link #48
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 691
Nice chapter. You got to hand it to Dalfamingo, he is consistent and never changes. I thought he would have some ounce of care for his subordinates until this chapter. For Monet there is only one true word that describes her, fanatic. Those are the dangerous types. I wonder if she has the guts to go through with it? Next chapter should be interesting. The color spread is cool. Fleet Admiral Akainu and Akoiji have not aged well.

Master and Slave?
Dalfamingo's seems like royalty (Has some have suggested in this forum). If that is true, I won't be surprised if some or all of his subordinates like Vergo, Monet, Buffalo, and the rest were servants or slaves. I wonder if Law was a slave too? With Dalflamingo's lack of respect for life and cruelty he fits right in with the World Nobles.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-12-18 at 23:23. Reason: Added more on. The stuff in underline are the add on.
Old 2012-12-18, 23:11   Link #49
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

now you mention it, I think it is possible that Dofla is actually Luffy's and Ace's sworn brother Sabo

He's one of the noble right? not to the level of tenryuubito like Charloss but still quite fit to be called young master

that will make one hell of a twist
Old 2012-12-18, 23:26   Link #50
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Momo (iro) also means the color pink, dude.

Because, uh, asian peaches found in China and Japan are pink. That's why "peach-color (momo-iro)" means pink.
i heard momo is a very common name for pets in japan because basically it's a cute name. i just thought it seemed appropriate that he should be pink and named momo. but that's just me.

forgot to talk about the color page, aside from the fact that it was brilliant, i thought it was pretty interesting to see that akainu has grown a moustache!
Old 2012-12-18, 23:40   Link #51
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i heard momo is a very common name for pets in japan because basically it's a cute name. i just thought it seemed appropriate that he should be pink and named momo. but that's just me.

forgot to talk about the color page, aside from the fact that it was brilliant, i thought it was pretty interesting to see that akainu has grown a moustache!
Off-topic but the hamster from Xenogears was named Momo and was also pink...just adding to the convo

Anyway, things are looking bad for Smoker (CC who has his heart -- though I thought Law had given it back to him??) and for the whole island unless Monet has a change or heart or was lying
Old 2012-12-19, 00:05   Link #52
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Off-topic but the hamster from Xenogears was named Momo and was also pink...just adding to the convo

Anyway, things are looking bad for Smoker (CC who has his heart -- though I thought Law had given it back to him??) and for the whole island unless Monet has a change or heart or was lying
Smoker likely has his heart already(or Law is hiding it)...that is more than likely Monet's heart, Law tricked CC so next chapter CC will probably smash the heart and kill Monet (or something of the likes) preventing her from pushing the button at the last moment. So in a way...CC could save the day!!!
Old 2012-12-19, 00:14   Link #53
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki san View Post
Looks like Kaido wears an eye-patch.

Though I'm not really sure if it's really Kaido or not...

I reaaaaaaalllyyy doubt that. Oda already revealed some years back that he planned to only introduce ONE pirate character who wore an eyepatch...... near the series' end. And while Kaidou is undoubtedly an important character, I'm fairly confident that we'll be introduced to him well before the series' end (ie, he wouldn't be the eyepatch guy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
now you mention it, I think it is possible that Dofla is actually Luffy's and Ace's sworn brother Sabo

He's one of the noble right? not to the level of tenryuubito like Charloss but still quite fit to be called young master

that will make one hell of a twist

Maybe that theory would work if Dofla weren't already an adult around the time Luffy's flashback took place? More specifically, he would have been 29 years old at that time. So nope, don't think so.
Old 2012-12-19, 00:27   Link #54
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Maybe that theory would work if Dofla weren't already an adult around the time Luffy's flashback took place? More specifically, he would have been 29 years old at that time. So nope, don't think so.
You know these theories never die no matter how many facts you throw at them...
Old 2012-12-19, 00:46   Link #55
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

ooooooooo i wonder how they'll cure sammy dude? i've always had a hunch they'll have another member of the crew and he is pretty strong
Old 2012-12-19, 02:07   Link #56
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
You got it backwards. It's not pink because it's cute, it's cute because it's pink.
Old 2012-12-19, 06:38   Link #57
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
You got it backwards. It's not pink because it's cute, it's cute because it's pink.
ah gomen gomen!
Old 2012-12-19, 10:16   Link #58
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Why does it matter what color he is?
Big Moms crew is pink themed, don't need another one to be pink. Dragons are never pink.

Do you want Zoro to be wearing a pink outfit?

Last edited by Kona; 2012-12-19 at 11:30.
Old 2012-12-19, 14:08   Link #59
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Big Moms crew is pink themed, don't need another one to be pink. Dragons are never pink.

Do you want Zoro to be wearing a pink outfit?
I could look good in it...

Man...you racist...
Old 2012-12-19, 15:24   Link #60
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I could look good in it...

Man...you racist...
It's sort of sad though. I mean the kid ate a (failed) prototype DF which turns him into a pink farting dragon... It's almost the definition of bad luck for a boy.
Closed Thread