AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-08, 21:51   Link #81
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke13
Speaking of which, is there an avi anywhere that has the group do the whole dance without the annoying credits blocking the way? Or is it only on the credits?
Yeah, the dance doesn't have the continuity when the credits w/background pics are in the gap. People just repeat the dance during that moment, unless they just stand there or make up some silly moves until the real moves at the end come up.
Old 2006-08-08, 22:13   Link #82
i0td

I really liked how they ordered the episodes (except maybe for cutting the closed circle island arc in two). Although the skipping around may cause some initial confusion, the key was keeping the central plot in order. Stretching that main story out over all the episodes actually created an overall sense of togetherness by series end. I have to comment that the foreshadowing was done very nicely. So many hints and tidbits can be picked up from episodes set later in the Haruhi timeline. I loved the way they pulled everything off so well.
Old 2006-08-08, 22:52   Link #83
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by i0td
I really liked how they ordered the episodes (except maybe for cutting the closed circle island arc in two). Although the skipping around may cause some initial confusion, the key was keeping the central plot in order. Stretching that main story out over all the episodes actually created an overall sense of togetherness by series end. I have to comment that the foreshadowing was done very nicely. So many hints and tidbits can be picked up from episodes set later in the Haruhi timeline. I loved the way they pulled everything off so well.
Always nice to hear from someone who can think and doesn't need to be led by the nose through a plotline a bit more complicated than "See Spot Run"

If you've watched the whole series now... go back and watch it in chronological timeline order (rather than series airings). Its posted in the Q&A section I think amongst other places.
Old 2006-08-08, 23:15   Link #84
i0td

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
If you've watched the whole series now... go back and watch it in chronological timeline order (rather than series airings). Its posted in the Q&A section I think amongst other places.
The central arc will no doubt be coherent. An excellent suggestion, especially for those who got entangled in the series earlier before all the episodes came out.

Not completely related, but I just wanted to point out that the way they did the previews with the Kyon-Haruhi timelines was really clever. At first, I was trying to figure out which episode Haruhi was referring to, and I actually didn't sort this out earlier because I kept trying to find the connection between the number she says in the previews with the number of the episode I just watched. Of course, she was referring to the next episode in the Kyon lineup. Okay, enough from me. I don't know why I like to talk about such trivial things lol
Old 2006-08-09, 02:17   Link #85
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Watching the series in "timeline" order rather than "aired" order is mostly interesting to watch:
1) the relationships between people evolve.
2) watch Yuki mature from an observation tool to something more.
3) connect the dots between things like those ponytail references (his remark during the closed space catastrophe->Haruhi's playing with Mikuru's hair in the baseball game episode) (the mysterious connection between Mikuru and Kyon's sister)

Anyway.. this show could come with an entire supplement of analysis, cultural references, inside jokes, and footnotes.
Old 2006-08-09, 02:25   Link #86
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, like I've said before somewhere, the details are all over in this show. Its just that they are not there to be noticed immediately. Common sense and observation skills coupled with the factor of time.

SnakeLegend told me that I'm starting to sound like Itsuki. I'm quite surprised to find myself sounding like him now, for he is my least favourite character. I guess its because we are both Haruhist who see Haruhi-sama as a god lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-08-09, 02:31   Link #87
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

^ Yes, a word of caution though, keep your hands off Kyon or Haruhi will get angry
Old 2006-08-09, 02:46   Link #88
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I'll never touch Haruhi-sama, she's too holy for my hands, I dare not lol

Old 2006-08-09, 02:50   Link #89
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Hmm.. a slight misunderstanding. I'll rephrase

C.A. (AKA Itsuki) ,keep you hands off Kyon OTHERWISE Haruhi will get angry
Old 2006-08-09, 03:12   Link #90
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Always nice to hear from someone who can think and doesn't need to be led by the nose through a plotline a bit more complicated than "See Spot Run"

I blame the "Hold My Hand" effect on the media, be it advertisement's, Network TV Shows or Really Bad Video Games deliberately trying to dumb us all down with there inane and constantly more and more simplified messages. The corporations and the government of the United States almost seem to have been dumbing down Americans for a long time and raising a new generation from birth as mindless consumers who can't think for themselves and need to be told what to do (or what to buy more likely). Its really sad because I feel that the generation after the one I'm in won't have as much independent thought as this one. That's my take on Vexx's post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.a
I'll never touch Haruhi-sama, she's too holy for my hands, I dare not lol
I would. She doesn't scare me and she's kind of cute when she's angry. Muhahahaha Chaotic Evil Alignment. Well there goes any chance of you ever adding me to your MSN user list.
Old 2006-08-09, 03:32   Link #91
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal

Oh lol, my senses must be mulfunctioning, I won't touch Kyon, I promise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
I would. She doesn't scare me and she's kind of cute when she's angry. Muhahahaha Chaotic Evil Alignment. Well there goes any chance of you ever adding me to your MSN user list.
Haruhi-sama is cute not only when she's angry, she's the embodiment of cuteness and moe. A gem of perfection with a glow that calls for adoration. I won't stop you from touching her, for Haruhi-sama is more than enough to take on any human.

I've already added you to my list last week, but you weren't around when I was on for like 5 minutes. I probably won't be around anytime soon lol

Old 2006-08-09, 10:04   Link #92
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
I blame the "Hold My Hand" effect on the media, be it advertisement's, Network TV Shows or Really Bad Video Games deliberately trying to dumb us all down with there inane and constantly more and more simplified messages. The corporations and the government of the United States almost seem to have been dumbing down Americans for a long time and raising a new generation from birth as mindless consumers who can't think for themselves and need to be told what to do (or what to buy more likely). Its really sad because I feel that the generation after the one I'm in won't have as much independent thought as this one. That's my take on Vexx's post.
I agree for the most part. Being able to interpret ideas intelligently is becoming a dying art form. However, I find that it's more of the industry catering to the lowest common denominator of society. The industry makes more money when everyone and their dog can understand a certain simple concept rather than something that requires people to put some brain power into. So rather than exclude the simple, corporations simply reduce complexity and include those that are too lazy to think.
It may sound slightly elitist, but I contribute the lowered media standards to the lazy and incompetent.

Regardless, it's pretty depressing when people "don't get it" if a linear story is presented in a non-linear fashion, in this case, how this series was presented.
Old 2006-08-09, 21:03   Link #93
Animexcel

Quote:
Watching the series in "timeline" order rather than "aired" order is mostly interesting to watch:
1) the relationships between people evolve.
2) watch Yuki mature from an observation tool to something more.
3) connect the dots between things like those ponytail references (his remark during the closed space catastrophe->Haruhi's playing with Mikuru's hair in the baseball game episode) (the mysterious connection between Mikuru and Kyon's sister)

Anyway.. this show could come with an entire supplement of analysis, cultural references, inside jokes, and footnotes.

About Mikuru and Kyon's Sister similarties, people are thinking that Mikuru could be Kyon's Sister(nameless). Maybe it's possible that Kyon's Sister is the mother of Mikuru xD lol
Old 2006-08-09, 21:21   Link #94
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel
Maybe it's possible that Kyon's Sister is the mother of Mikuru xD lol
Descendant? Maybe. Mother? I don't think so. If that were the case, it's likely that Haruhi would still be around (although middle-aged), so what would be the point of sending her back in time to observe Haruhi if she was still there? Unless... something happened to her
Old 2006-08-09, 22:11   Link #95
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal

lol since when did the rumors of C.A. AKA Itsuki came along here? XD
Old 2006-08-09, 23:11   Link #96
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLegend
lol since when did the rumors of C.A. AKA Itsuki came along here? XD
One way to find out is to read the three posts above npal's post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
Descendant? Maybe. Mother? I don't think so. If that were the case, it's likely that Haruhi would still be around (although middle-aged), so what would be the point of sending her back in time to observe Haruhi if she was still there? Unless... something happened to her
Whether Mikuru is indeed a descendant, I do not know. But if she is, she's probably much later into the bloodline. She would be a great granddaughter or something, at least that's what I feel.

And there's tons of reasons why Mikuru must be sent back into this timeline, no matter what. One reason is that history required her to be there.

Last edited by C.A.; 2006-08-09 at 23:47.
Old 2006-08-09, 23:41   Link #97
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
One way to find out is to read the three posts above npal's post.
Whether Mikuru is indeed a descendant, I do not know. But if she is, she's probably much later into the bloodline. She would be a great granddaughter or something, at least that's what I feel.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Quote:
And there's tons or reasons why Mikuru must be sent back into this timeline, no matter what. One reason is that Haruhi required her to be there.
Fixed
Old 2006-08-09, 23:54   Link #98
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, actually that's another reason lol,

There's tons of reasons why Mikuru must be sent back into this timeline, no matter what:

1. Haruhi required her to be there.
2. History required her to be there.
3. The future required her to be there.
4. Her job required her to be there.

And it could go on, Mikuru is essential for the future of humanity. The importance of her presence in the SOS-dan is as much as Yuki and Itsuki.

Old 2006-08-10, 00:43   Link #99
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Mikuru IS the future of humanity At least Goddess Haruhi seems to like that path of evolution Moe, loli, big breasts Too bad this is the real world

Last edited by npal; 2006-08-10 at 01:41.
Old 2006-08-10, 01:38   Link #100
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Mikuru is the future of humanity, indeed, but if I were to rephrase yoru post:

Mikuru is a glimpse of the future

Closed Thread