AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-09, 23:38   Link #61
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Holy crap...

They showed {censored for people who haven't read the manga} right off the bat.

Wow! Wonder how non-manga readers are going to interpret that.

And Yuno- is it just me or did she come across as even more crazy in this then in the manga?

I'm curious, are there any non-manga readers around? I really want to know what they are thinking.
I haven't read the manga. Don't ruin it for me.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 23:52   Link #62
Aesthetic Shampoo

That was really fast, they adapted like 1 and 1/2 chapters.

Only the end shot of yuno made me feel creepy, everything before that was not as good as yuno in manga.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 00:34   Link #63
Wrath88
Kissing...

I was wondering who would be Deus... now I can't imagine anyone other than Wakamoto
Old 2011-10-10, 01:01   Link #64
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
And Yuno- is it just me or did she come across as even more crazy in this then in the manga?
http://otanews.livedoor.biz/archives/51829099.html
Short comparison of a few scenes. The elevator scene, at least, is scarier in the manga.
Quoting others, Yuno looks more "pure" in the manga (which would be more "yandere", while the anime is more "kichigai").

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 01:37   Link #65
Sides

Was it always that way, that pink haired girls were psychos, or is it a current development?
I wonder what happens if they run out of battery...
First episode was alright, the main character kind of reminded me of that guy from Deadman Wonderland, maybe it is the screaming and panic attacks he has.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 01:42   Link #66
Forsaken_Infinity

Ugh I don't like the eyes in the anime version.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 01:50   Link #67
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Thought that was excellent, myself. It was fast, but I think Asread made a conscious decision to try and establish as much as possible of the plot right off the bat. With 26 eps, I think the pacing will be fairly sane from here on out.

Yuno was definitely more....here than this early in the manga, but overall it was very faithful. They did a fine job capturing the feel of the manga, I thought. For the record, the manga is an absolute classic - trashy, scary, funny and a great ride. If they just do a decent job with the adaptation it should still be a very good series.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 02:14   Link #68
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Ugh I don't like the eyes in the anime version.
What? they looked same for me. And I think the overall design is improved too.
Old 2011-10-10, 02:15   Link #69
Forsaken_Infinity

Yes it was excellent but ridiculously fast too. And the designs - the eyes mostly - kinda irk me off. Not saying they are bad, but that I don't like them compared to the manga but then again, I have always liked most stuff in Manga more than in anime. But it was really impressive otherwise. Probably the best opening this season thus far.
Old 2011-10-10, 02:15   Link #70
EroKing

Episode 1

The queen has arrived.
Old 2011-10-10, 02:22   Link #71
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I have no complaints about the character designs, really. They're faithful to the manga while still being a little more elaborate. As for the eyes, I think they're rather striking - especially Yuki's. And they captured a certain - er, quality in Yuno's expression that's hard to describe but hard to miss.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 02:31   Link #72
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Question, has this been confirmed two be two-cour?

Anyway, it's been a little while since I've read the manga. I don't remember all the details but just watching this first episode the events are starting to come back to me bit-by-bit. I think it was pretty good for the first. Managing to cover all the bases regarding plot and characters it should.

And that final shot with Yuno. There's that queen of yandere we all know.

Btw, I actually liked Deus' voice in the OVA more. Too bad they didn't retain it.
Old 2011-10-10, 02:39   Link #73
Lumir

I can already see a flaw with this anime. If the main character created the god in his imaginary world and the god made his phone tell the future and created the rules of this phone and the survival game. Then shouldnt our main character be able to imagine a different situation? Seems like his own imaginations creations are running his life, creating the rules yet he holds all of the cards/power if this is all controlled by just his imagination.

Btw that chick who likes our main hero is crazy, and so is that lil future diary owner we saw. Its all in his imagination imo.
Old 2011-10-10, 02:44   Link #74
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
I can already see a flaw with this anime. If the main character created the god in his imaginary world and the god made his phone tell the future and created the rules of this phone and the survival game. Then shouldnt our main character be able to imagine a different situation? Seems like his own imaginations creations are running his life, creating the rules yet he holds all of the cards/power if this is all controlled by just his imagination.
Only thing is, Yukiteru did not create Deus from his imagination. Deus stated himself that since he is a god he has the ability to enter people's minds/imaginations. It's a power that comes with being an omniscient being.

I can tell you right now none of what is happening in this series is imaginary or occurring within the minds of the people participating in the game.
Old 2011-10-10, 02:44   Link #75
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
No, he didn't create god, God just put himself in his imagination. Cuz god can do that.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 02:44   Link #76
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:

Btw that chick who likes our main hero is crazy, and so is that lil future diary owner we saw. Its all in his imagination imo.
You didn't hear Deus say "If I am god, then could I not come into your imagination?" to Yukiteru? Basically, he is actually the god of space and time and that's the reason he was in Yuki's imagination and not that Yuki created him off his imagination. Everyone else was also given the diary by Deus and Yuki had never met any of them, at least in a significant manner, before. To be honest, I am not sure what to make of your complaint since it's the one flawed and not the show.

Wow... ninja'd by someone who also got ninja'd. Damn the compulsion to expound more than necessary.

Btw, I think I just needed to get used to colored eyes, I watched the episode thrice already and love it to death, especially Yuki's reactions. I still think Yuno's eyes are better/crazier/scarier in the manga though.
Old 2011-10-10, 02:52   Link #77
iceyfw

they just downright captured yuno's psychotic yandere personality right before the ED started rolling. it made me feel a bit creeped out when compared to her manga counterpart.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 02:55   Link #78
Forsaken_Infinity

Oh and while we are talking about the ending, I found it supremely awesome how they did a rewind of everything in the episode in there. So fitting as the ending of a show with future diaries! The best part was that it was in grey-scale. Hell yes.

Also, that after ending bit was really fun too.
Old 2011-10-10, 03:49   Link #79
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

So, after re-watching it, I have to ask:

Spoiler for Spoiler Tag just to be on the safe side.:

Quote:
Also, that after ending bit was really fun too.
Murumuru (named after a palm tree...really? ) is my favorite character so far, though I have high expectations for Yuno, based on that ending shot.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 04:04   Link #80
Lumir

Quote:
You didn't hear Deus say "If I am god, then could I not come into your imagination?" to Yukiteru? Basically, he is actually the god of space and time and that's the reason he was in Yuki's imagination and not that Yuki created him off his imagination. Everyone else was also given the diary by Deus and Yuki had never met any of them, at least in a significant manner, before. To be honest, I am not sure what to make of your complaint since it's the one flawed and not the show.

Wow... ninja'd by someone who also got ninja'd. Damn the compulsion to expound more than necessary.

Btw, I think I just needed to get used to colored eyes, I watched the episode thrice already and love it to death, especially Yuki's reactions. I still think Yuno's eyes are better/crazier/scarier in the manga though.
I can clearly recall our main character saying he created deus with his imagination. If thats not the case then the sub i saw either subbed it wrong or the anime is just playing with our minds. So based on what i read and understood the flaw was in the subbing/anime.

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere