AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-06-16, 12:38   Link #341
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Thomas Müller grabs the top of the goalscorers' table with a hat-trick.

It's now 4 for Germany!
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 12:38   Link #342
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

And Muller hattrick
Old 2014-06-16, 12:39   Link #343
ChampDream
Alive

I think at this rate Muller will broke Ronaldo's record in the world cup, before Klose.
Old 2014-06-16, 12:40   Link #344
Galaxian

This was more of an own-gol by the goalie than yesterday's during France vs. Honduras.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 12:41   Link #345
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Speaking of Klose, I think he should be playing instead of Podolski to finish the match.
Old 2014-06-16, 12:42   Link #346
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Yeah should give Klose a run in, great service for the country
Old 2014-06-16, 12:42   Link #347
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Nah, leave el Fenomeno's record alone

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Maybe agreeable if this was the last match in the tournament, but ever heard of "energy saving" or "energy management"? The road is long, if you get at the end you'll have to play 7 matches, absolutely no need to go all out on the first one when you've already won.
Yeah, I have never heard of such alien terms before ... Of course I understand why they did it, but football it's/should be a spectacle, and when the team in front of you is but a shadow of what a team it's supposed to be, the only way to play it's to score as many goals as you can while being as enjoyable to the public as you can, and Germany refused to do that for a good 30 minutes of the second half, and all of the first half, the only good play they did resulted in the 4th goal, that's what I and the people in the stadium are asking for, a spectacle...

I'm curious as to see what Bento it's going to say to his players, I would be too frustrated to actually yell at them, and too disappointed to actually try and cheer them up, that's why I failed coaching pre-teens

Last edited by SuitUp; 2014-06-16 at 12:53.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 12:46   Link #348
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Nah, leave el Fenomeno's record alone
Just for the sake of not pissing off Brazilian fans in their own backyard?
Old 2014-06-16, 12:48   Link #349
Mentar
Banned

I loved Ronaldo's free kick straight into the 1-man Lahm wall ^_^

Ronaldo's second attempt was better!

Good result, naturally, but the loss of Hummels stings. I hope it's not end of tournament for him

Don't underestimate Portugal, Germany is a bit of the nemesis for them. Once they get rolling, they can defeat every team. They are far from out!

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2014-06-16 at 19:40.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 12:57   Link #350
ChampDream
Alive

Today Portugal was Cristiano against the world, they didn't play that good and Germany play really smart and Muller got his hat trick.
Old 2014-06-16, 12:59   Link #351
DarkJak2050

So, Muller of Germany gets the First Hat Trick of the World Cup. Nice, expected no less from Germany.

Sorry, I was busy during the game and couldn't watch it.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 13:01   Link #352
Sakuratsuki

Well, the Iberian countries got a pretty hard beating from the Germanic countries. Germany is a strong team and is a favorite for winning this WC so it's not that weird for them winning this easily from Portugal. But this is still the first match so it's to early to jump to any conclusions yet.
Old 2014-06-16, 13:08   Link #353
Kakurin
大佐

Wow, didn't expect this annihilation. The false nine system worked surprisingly well. Only Goetze and Oezils finishing were terrible. They should have scored at least another two goals on their own. And by playing four central defenders Germany doesn't lack the size for headers during set pieces. Mueller with classic Mueller goals. Strange plays that nevertheless end up in the goal.

Tough match with many injuries. Sad to see Coentrao getting injured. Almeida also had it tough. Seeing Hummels get injured was terrible. But at least he was able to walk on his own at the end of the match so it shouldn't be something major.

Quote:
In the penalty, Muller commits a fault first, and then Pepe it's sent off on a play that wasn't enough for a red card, but with his reputation, should he swing his leg next to any foward he's going to be at least booked...
Pepe's was a clear and stupid red card. First, he did get Mueller in the face with his hand. That alone wouldn't have resulted in anything serious. But without Mueller doing anything he goes up to him and tips him in the head. By the rulebook this is an attempted violent conduct which is an automatic red.
Old 2014-06-16, 13:19   Link #354
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

ha. thrashed. pepe is, and always was, an idiot. a top 3 dirty player in the world. but muller did seriously overreact to the slap, and pepe called him out on it in possibly the worst manner.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 13:24   Link #355
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
ha. thrashed. pepe is, and always was, an idiot. a top 3 dirty player in the world. but muller did seriously overreact to the slap, and pepe called him out on it in possibly the worst manner.
Looking at the replay I don't think he overreacted. Mueller didn't roll around three or four times and complain to the referee. He sat there rubbed his face and looked like he was shaking it off and about to get up when Pepe inexplicably went up to him.
Old 2014-06-16, 13:35   Link #356
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Portugal is still stronger than Ghana and Usa, but they got smashed pretty badly. It will be important to see their mental reaction on the next match against Usa, if they can forget today, reset and go ahead they should still get through next phase, otherwise it'll be though. At any rate, not having Pepe in the upcoming match can be seen as an advantage since the team's nervousness will instantly decrease.

Oh, and I'm also seeing Usa-Portugal will be played in Manaus, the jungle stadium with tropical climate (Italy-England). Weather and preparation to it will be another factor then.

Quote:
the only way to play it's to score as many goals as you can
There are two distinct schools of thought about when you're getting a large win. Keep playing at your best and humiliate your opponent? Or spare them and don't beat a dead horse?

Which of the two is showing no respect for the opponent? I've always been puzzled by this dilemma (because while I don't like massacres, I also like to see goals, so I'm always a bit torn when this happens ).
Old 2014-06-16, 13:40   Link #357
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Portugal is still stronger than Ghana and Usa, but they got smashed pretty badly. It will be important to see their mental reaction on the next match against Usa, if they can forget today, reset and go ahead they should still get through next phase, otherwise it'll be though. At any rate, not having Pepe in the upcoming match can be seen as an advantage since the team's nervousness will instantly decrease..
Possibly not having Almeida and Coentrao especially will sadly also hurt them. Ronaldo, Nani and Moutinho really must step up if they want to advance. Especially now with the -4 goal differential.

Quote:
Which of the two is showing no respect for the opponent? I've always been puzzled by this dilemma (because while I don't like massacres, I also like to see goals, so I'm always a bit torn when this happens ).
In US sports where point differential doesn't matter this is called running up the score. And I've seen quite a lot of people complain about it being dirty when teams supposedly keep the foot on the pedal and do it.
Old 2014-06-16, 13:47   Link #358
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Not having Almeida isn't going to hurt us. Pepe and Coentrao are far more annoying for the next match.

As a half Portuguese / half French I was glad yesterday. Finally the France doing something great in a World Cup even if that only was a team of butcher. The defeat against Germany today was expected, but not by this kind of margin. I'm really disappointed.
Old 2014-06-16, 14:15   Link #359
Eragon
Still Alive

Everything that could go wrong, went wrong for Portugal. Retard Pepe had to go do his stupid shit when Portugal were seeming to come back into it. Ruined the entire match. The Goalkeeper was horrible as well. I don't like Cristiano one bit but, its hard not to feel for him being stuck with these god awful players.

Well played Germany. Muller is gonna break that record by the next world cup. Ozil and Gotze really should have scored with those easy chances.
Old 2014-06-16, 14:41   Link #360
Blaat

I think Coentrao being out for Portugal will be a huge loss, especially because he combines well with Ronaldo at Real. Almeida not so much, the replacement looked much better.

I don't think they'll get out of the group, the goal difference is big and the opponents aren't easy.

BTW did anyone see Ronaldo's reaction when Khedira asked him about Pepe, it was pretty funny.