AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-05-28, 18:26   Link #2501
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, its not like "you have to join a club, pick one now" like in school...

Read up on the various religions - see which one answers the most questions for you on how to approach life. Or if the supernatural aspects put you off, check out the philosophical branches (i.e. there are versions of Buddhism that utilize no supernatural aspects... or at most just anthropomorphize aspects of nature).

The whole life experience is a journey anyway... people who claim to have "the answers" or "The Truth", especially if they are younger have often simply stopped thinking about it, imo.
Old 2010-05-28, 18:29   Link #2502
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

Let's see....I believe in one god and pray to him.
Go to church on Sunday to keep thy sabbath day holy.
And this is a touchy subject in my humble opinion.
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 15:37   Link #2503
Koga NX 1701

Will i was Mormon. I don't have a religion god has hates me. So i turn my back on him. I have not found the right religion.
Koga NX 1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 20:11   Link #2504
Surge

Send a message via MSN to Surge
I don't really have believe in anything. Religion kind of scares me.
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 20:20   Link #2505
!Vega!
Hiya ^^

Im a practicing evangelical Christian. I dont want trouble with anyone though. ^^ I just want peace.
!Vega! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 02:22   Link #2506
Max Stirner

I am a Christian, but I do not belong to a particular denomination or a particular church. In fact, I do not support the legitimacy of any hierarchal religious institution such as a church. I am also a pacifist, which in part explains the position taken in the previous sentence. Lastly, I follow the idea of limited inerrancy (meaning that the scriptures are perfect spirtual guides but are not necessarily historically accurate because they were written by men inspired by God, rather than God himself). Those are kinda the three issues that I break with most Christians on. My mother was a minister,so I have had a lot of time to think about these things...
Max Stirner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 02:32   Link #2507
Theowne
耳をすませば

About as agnostic as one can get.

I don't hate religion, except when it's forcing women to cover themselves from head to toe or telling people who they can or cannot marry.

As far as I can tell, if there is a God, there's no reason to believe God wants me to perform daily rituals to worship him. There are too many conflicting religions for it to make any sense to choose any of them and discard the others, and many of them contradict each other. If God exists, he gave me the brain that I use to think, and I cannot fathom that I would be punished for using the sense of reason that I was given.

So my religion is this: be a good person, and whatever happens, happens.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 11:17   Link #2508
Lumio
Aiutante Ordinaire

I'm a Catholic but as far as I know, it's only formality for me. My entire family is catholic, so I'm kind of being dragged into being one myself. I don't go to the church. Except if my family forced me to. I don't pray, I see no reason to, and...

Quote:
As far as I can tell, if there is a God, there's no reason to believe God wants me to perform daily rituals to worship him
This. Sure, God might exist, I respect that believe but for me I don't think God wants me to worship him and all.
Lumio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 20:37   Link #2509
Shyne

my religion is eclecticism - meaning I take what makes sense to me and use that

Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 08:34   Link #2510
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

I'm a muslim from Malaysia... any malaysians here?

Though I'm a muslim, I'm not a good one since my daily prayers are far from perfect 5 times a day and since one of the 'law of faith' stated that prayer is the pillar of faith which means that my faith is not that strong.
sgwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 10:35   Link #2511
TidusBlade
西瓜の騎士

Same here, also a muslim although not very religious at all <_< It's not something I like talking about, imo religion is something between yourself and your god, might as well keep it that way, nothing good ever comes out of forcing your opinion on others or preaching it, especially online etc.

I still strongly believe that there is some higher power out there, but sometimes I feel like I believe that way just out of insuring myself; If it doesn't exist, I haven't lost anything really, but if it does exist, at least I've got it's good side I guess.

As for living, I just follow my instincts/common sense, and the most logical answer I found to religion was the previous paragraph, works for me so I can think about other things instead.

And sgwc: Muslim but not Malaysian to answer the question ;P

Last edited by TidusBlade; 2010-06-05 at 14:10.
TidusBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 14:04   Link #2512
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumio View Post

This. Sure, God might exist, I respect that believe but for me I don't think God wants me to worship him and all.
Why not ?

Even your boss, teacher, etc, etc, will not happy if you don't greet him with smile.

For myself, I have faith to my religion, But I don't want they dictate my lifestyle. Yes I'd the rituals and avoid the "Big Sins" and that enough.
Old 2010-06-05, 14:18   Link #2513
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Even your boss, teacher, etc, etc, will not happy if you don't greet him with smile.
Assuming that an all-powerful, infinitely wise creator, if he exists, thinks and behaves the way your teacher or boss does.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 14:33   Link #2514
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Assuming that an all-powerful, infinitely wise creator, if he exists, thinks and behaves the way your teacher or boss does.
Ok

just Imagine if that all-powerful, infinitely wise creator, does exist

me : hey god, i believe in you but i don't care then **** off dude
God : .........

I'm always think God want his creation believe in him, but don't want to force us, if not so why we given free will ?
But on the end that just a assumption, like your assumption God not care if we worship him or not,
For me the matter is simple, if I believe in God, I must give a respect to him, that its.
Old 2010-06-05, 14:40   Link #2515
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Ok

just Imagine if that all-powerful, infinitely wise creator, does exist

me : hey god, i believe in you but i don't care then **** off dude
God : .........

I'm always think God want his creation believe in him, but don't want to force us, if not so why we given free will ?
But on the end that just a assumption, like your assumption God not care if we worship him or not,
For me the matter is simple, if I believe in God, I must give a respect to him, that its.
Well then, by that logic, what makes you think god gives a damn about what one insignificantly small speck does either? Besides, can you actually understand the rationale or logic of 'god'? No, of course not; If god does exist why on earth would you suspect him to act like how you'd think hed act? Similiarily, why do you think there's a need to worship god?
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 14:43   Link #2516
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Well, this is where things tend to get rather murky with interpretations of God. Religious texts seem to say that He is either a kind and loving Father to His creations, or that He can spite you and put you through hell and back. So even the "official" intepretation of God varies depending on who you ask.
Old 2010-06-05, 15:43   Link #2517
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
Well then, by that logic, what makes you think god gives a damn about what one insignificantly small speck does either? Besides, can you actually understand the rationale or logic of 'god'? No, of course not; If god does exist why on earth would you suspect him to act like how you'd think hed act? Similiarily, why do you think there's a need to worship god?
All talks about Definition and Rationale of God just became our assumption in the end eh ?

What the matter for me is, if I believe in God as our all-powerful, infinitely wise creator, that means : he gives my life (planet, heir, and other factor that makes me can type this post)

Its common sense to give thanks/respect if we given something right ?

I'd worship gods not because needs, its sign of my respect/faith or whatever you name it.

So by that previous assumption, it'll better if "me, that almighty wise god creation" give my respect to this "God" or not ?
Or because he already "almighty wise" we don't need to respect him ?

p.s : what I meant by respect is not always about worship, it can be protect the nature that he create or other else if you do believe him.
Old 2010-06-05, 19:02   Link #2518
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
That is why you go to the pertinent religious text. In Christianity, for example, you believe that God wants you to worship him because the Bible tells you so, not because of what you think God is supposed to be. The rationale or the "why" is irrelevant in this particular case.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 15:12   Link #2519
Notebook Darling

I don't have much of a religion.
I'm really superstitious at some parts (jinxing) and believe in the concept of karma.

All the questions that are answered in a religion (Where do we come from? Who created the universe?) aren't convincing enough for me.
Notebook Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 15:14   Link #2520
Notebook Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
That is why you go to the pertinent religious text. In Christianity, for example, you believe that God wants you to worship him because the Bible tells you so, not because of what you think God is supposed to be. The rationale or the "why" is irrelevant in this particular case.
I don't really want to get involved in a huge debat-ish thing, but aren't you supposed to be thankful for all that God has done. So you live by His rules, pray to Him and believe in Him -> worship God ?
Notebook Darling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
not a debate, philosophy, religion