AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-12-16, 21:43   Link #1
JERI

Arrow Wanna color my pic? II

Don't resist, express yourself with these monotone images here.

Color anyone of them and post them up! Hey, if you're feeling generous, color them all! If we get enough responses, we might even have a poll competition.

Oh yeah, feel free to post pictures you'd like to see forum members color as well.

Last edited by JERI; 2004-12-16 at 22:09.
JERI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 14:42   Link #2
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERI
Wanna color my pic?
Yes.

I seem to love contrasts a lot more than you. Get your sunglasses on, it's bright!
Spent a while doing this (two hours or so) and yet it became somewhat crappy (kind of expected, I have fallen so much in love with the contrasts). When I downsized it, some of the lines became more apparent than others (especially on their skirts) and I had no clue what to do with the ears and tail.
Old 2004-12-17, 16:23   Link #3
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

The takemehome24iu image doesn't seem to be loading for me. >.>

But I'll give one of them a try, I'm feeling an urge to color another image after coloring all those Alpha scans for the banner contest.

[Edit] Ah, I'm home now and the image is working. Is it just me or does it get a little blurry near the bottom?

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2004-12-17 at 19:07.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 23:48   Link #4
mememe
hmmm baka

Send a message via MSN to mememe
k i'm doing one can't wait to see how it turns out
mememe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 00:06   Link #5
JERI

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
I seem to love contrasts a lot more than you. Get your sunglasses on, it's bright!
Hark! Its lights doth fall upon me, making me darker than I am now!

Good job nh1 , looking forward to other possible color jobs by you, Mr. Paper and mememe. It's good to go to sleep knowing you have coaxed other people into expressing their coloring creativity.
Old 2004-12-21, 19:58   Link #6
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
I'll give some a go come winter (christmas) break. Until then, it's World of Warcraft Time for me to get back into the 2D art scene and let my brain rest from learning 3DS max
Raxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 21:01   Link #7
anime-otaku
Lazy Guitarist

Send a message via AIM to anime-otaku Send a message via Yahoo to anime-otaku
JERI!!! I think it's time you get yourself a scanner for christmas present!! Demand it!!! The Digital Camera does NOT do your drawings justice!!!
anime-otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 21:49   Link #8
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Yeah... I'm too lazy to shade it. >.>

Old 2004-12-22, 02:53   Link #9
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
Hmmm... I'll play around with them in photoshop for a few hours and see what happens
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 03:56   Link #10
wao
OK.

I too think... It's time for you to forcefully demand a scanner!! Digital cameras are doing absolutely no justice to your picture!!

I *tried* cleaning up one but all the lines look rather stupid. If anyone still wants to use it it's here.
Spoiler:

I shall attempt colouring it... I'm outo f anime to watch!

EDIT: Here, I coloured some of it - I've got the basic colorus for everything but I've only shaded in the skin and the hair (slightly). I know I suck at shading, her face looks so plastic. I just need to ask, what's the cloth on the right side (viewer's POV) of her arm? Is it part of the skir or something else? If it's nothing really then I'll make it the same material as her tie-thing. The little very light blog on the right side of hte pic is the colour I intend the shading of her blouse thingy to be.

I haven't drawn anything in ages, let alone colour anything...

Last edited by wao; 2004-12-22 at 11:07.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 23:23   Link #11
JERI

That's a great choice of color there, Mr Paper, it will be a shame if you don't finish it.

Wao, that thing will be her right foot. The face does look kinda plastic, but that doesn't mean it's bad, it goes well with the pattern you chose for her skirt (how did you do that btw? Google the patten then paste?), sorta looks like you're coloring in the style of Barbie dolls. I'm impressed with the wonderful job you did for the tail, do you use a tablet or a mouse for coloring?
Old 2004-12-24, 23:40   Link #12
wao
OK.

Oh, right! It looked very cloth-y so I thought it was some random piece of cloth. Thanks.

Also, I'm certainly not good enough to do that tail with a mouse - I use a tablet, albeit one of the cheapest lousiest ones out there but still, it's a tablet. I'm not really good at this stuff.

As for the skirt I coloured it as a flat colour as first and then used a halftone pattern filter and messed around with the hue and saturation slightly. It looks like manga where there is one flat pattern. Maybe I should use patterns for everything and called it Gankutsuou

What do you think of the colour scheme though? It's quite bright. I should try a variation with more muted colorus perhaps.
Old 2004-12-25, 01:07   Link #13
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERI
That's a great choice of color there, Mr Paper, it will be a shame if you don't finish it.
I'll finish it when I get the time, but it'll involve a good deal of cleaning for the source. I didn't bother cleaning up the source so there are a lot of little things I'm not happy about in the image, but the color scheme will remain the same.
Old 2004-12-31, 04:58   Link #14
JERI

Arrow new picture for you guys to color...

Yeah, sorry about my pictures requirin cleaning, but I have been taking steps in my inking stage to make sure that the stuff I'm posting will be easy for you to color.

Here's a new one which may interest some of you

I'm liking all the works you guys posted so far, and I'd like to remind you that everyone's welcome to post their monotone images which they'd like to see colored by another member.