AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-24, 00:09   Link #2521
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
That's just licensed character goods. It isn't the one with the DVD.
Ah, I see now. That's good.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 16:43   Link #2522
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Here's a pretty damn good Koromo cosplay i just had to share with you all.
Old 2009-09-26, 10:19   Link #2523
Daiz
Pioneer in Fansub 2.0

Quarkboy, can you stop being lazy on the translations at least for the final episode? Episode 23 had like no signs translated for the second half of the episode and one line was missing in ep24 around 17:47...
Daiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 10:40   Link #2524
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, apparently he translates the episodes with one week of anticipation so I guess you are a little too late there
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 11:02   Link #2525
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiz View Post
Quarkboy, can you stop being lazy on the translations at least for the final episode? Episode 23 had like no signs translated for the second half of the episode and one line was missing in ep24 around 17:47...
I didn't handle the signs for episode 23, actually...

Generally I don't bother subbing signs that simply name characters we already know the names of. It clutters the screen and CR's subtitle rendered is wonky enough as it is. If it contains new information of some sort I sub it.

Let me check about the missing line.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 11:11   Link #2526
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
I really don't mean to be passing the buck here, but neither of those are my fault.

My editor/qcer handled the signs for 23, and this is what I submitted to them at 17:47 in episode 24:

Dialogue: 0,0:17:41.02,0:17:45.16,S01,,0000,0000,0000,,Are you sure? You don't know how you did yet...
Dialogue: 0,0:17:45.16,0:17:47.59,S01,,0000,0000,0000,,You'r e not coming, Haramura-san?
Dialogue: 0,0:17:47.59,0:17:50.60,S01,,0000,0000,0000,,I never said I wasn't going!
Dialogue: 0,0:17:50.60,0:17:51.71,S01,,0000,0000,0000,,Thank goodness.

So the missing line was introduced by them.

I don't do the final qc so have no control over errors introduced later.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-09-26, 16:20   Link #2527
Daiz
Pioneer in Fansub 2.0

Well, I can certainly understand not translating all the name signs (ep23 had lots of them), but ep23 was also missing quite a lot of the Round/Turn signs that are normally all translated (and simple for CR's renderer) and I'd say should be too.
Old 2009-09-26, 20:18   Link #2528
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Well, I can certainly understand not translating all the name signs (ep23 had lots of them), but ep23 was also missing quite a lot of the Round/Turn signs that are normally all translated (and simple for CR's renderer) and I'd say should be too.
Well, what actually happened was I forgot to do all the signs (my "sign pass") when I submitted it. The editor/qcer told me that they handled them all so I didn't think twice of it. He didn't translate the round signs? Tsk tsk...
I'll see if I can go back and add those in.

On the same subject, the resolution of the screener video I translate from is very small, so it's impossible to translate those large leaderboards unless they zoom in on names. It's okay, anyway... Those sorts of fun data are best left analyzed on forums like this anyway.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-09-27, 04:37   Link #2529
Daiz
Pioneer in Fansub 2.0

What kind of video do you get for translating anyway? From what I've heard, it's something like a postage-stamp sized video with heavy watermarking or something equally bad.

Anyway, lots of signs like this at 12:36 were untranslated:

Or this at 18:16:

I think the video should be big enough to translate leaderboards like this, though? I felt kinda blanked out at this point at 19:50:

Though of course I'm not really expecting to see something like these translated in the CR version, especially since they're pretty much self-explanatory:
Old 2009-09-27, 05:38   Link #2530
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
What kind of video do you get for translating anyway? From what I've heard, it's something like a postage-stamp sized video with heavy watermarking or something equally bad.
Yes, after some checking, it seems all those signs were caught in the qc, but they were not typeset by the person implementing the qc report.

I'll go ahead and make a v2 of the script with the signs added and throw it at CR.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-09-27, 12:56   Link #2531
Proto

Well well well, from the preview it seems we will be entering the phantom zone next season!

Decent episode. It was fun seeing characters who normally don't interact with each other having a fun time along in this episode. The second to last segment was cheesy beyond words, but the ending credits scene made me lol like I haven't done in ages. Hahaha, I wonder if they got some reference from the mangaka or if it's just the anime studio conception?

Last edited by Proto; 2009-09-27 at 14:35.
Old 2009-09-27, 12:59   Link #2532
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 25:
Old 2009-09-27, 13:00   Link #2533
Midonin
Last Engage

Apparently every player at the nationals has an equally likely chance to be the next cast member of NEEDLESS. But overall, despite me knowing very very little about mahjong, I enjoyed this series. Great, lovable characters, lots of girl-love (sub)text and over-the-top mahjong. Enjoyable all around.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 14:51   Link #2534
orangejuicetang

Not bad, but by far the best part of this episode was the ending credits. A peek of things to come?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 15:12   Link #2535
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Not bad, but by far the best part of this episode was the ending credits. A peek of things to come?
More like:

"Due to some urgent troubles within the company, all we can do is to give you the fanservice!"
Sister Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 15:19   Link #2536
Proto

Which begs the question if Yuuki will be the one facing Teru, as per the preview. Maybe there will be a preliminary round to decide the groups?
Old 2009-09-27, 15:40   Link #2537
cynicalicious
I like pie.

If Yuuki faces Teru, then Kiyosumi won't make it past the senpou round... unless of course Yuuki gets outrageously hot.

My guess would be that Hisa will change the roster accordingly so that Saki meets up with Teru. (How can Saki "talk" to Teru otherwise? Because obviously Japanese didn't seem to work on her.)

Spoiler for ep 25:

As said earlier, it will be interesting to see just how much of this is anime fantasy, and how much is manga reality. I guess we'll find out in a few years. That's always the downside with rushing a series like this to animation when the story isn't done yet.

All in all, an entertaining series that I'm going to miss.

Dang, but Sundays are going to be boring now. This summer had a lot of entertaining stuff... not always high-quality, but it was entertaining, and that's all I ask for.

Last edited by cynicalicious; 2009-09-27 at 16:32.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 17:59   Link #2538
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for Ep 25:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 18:02   Link #2539
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep25 and final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 18:03   Link #2540
Proto

@pn003: Well, only 2 miko's got an animation segment in the ending credits, and one of them was shown playing against nodoka, so the one that was using the ceremony knife should be her. That and she is also the one to be shown in the ending still shot before the ending credits alongside all the strong people.

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen