AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-30, 04:36   Link #1101
Radik

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
People are still discussing the salute? Sheesh... I thought it was so obvious already... well, let everyone have their own interpretations, then. At least some do base theirs in reference to the history of the franchise, and don't keep grabbing at straws and changing with the wind. But, again, to each his/her own.
In the original you had one ship, in Frontier there's two ships and Alto clearly flies in between them instead of flying in front of one. Considering that fact, I do think it's obvious who the salute was intended for. Arguing that the salute was directed towards only one ship or rather person, that's grabbing at straws. Sheryl was the only one who responded to the salute while Ranka seemed to ignore it, that's really the only part of the scene that could hold any meaning.
Old 2008-09-30, 04:37   Link #1102
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radik View Post
In the original you had one ship, in Frontier there's two ships and Alto clearly flies in between them instead of flying in front of one. Considering that fact, I do think it's obvious who the salute was intended for. Arguing that the salute was directed towards only one ship or rather person, that's grabbing at straws. Sheryl was the only one who responded to the salute while Ranka seemed to ignore it, that's really the only part of the scene that could hold any meaning.
Oh FFS YOU MORON HE'S FACING ONE SHIP.
Old 2008-09-30, 04:44   Link #1103
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
QFT!

Go Go! Down with the rebuke's from people who don't know their left from their right, front from back, and the direction they're facing!

Seriously though, no sarcasm intended... but this all amazes me, really. I thought the topic had been dropped pages back.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-30, 05:20   Link #1104
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I think you all have gone crazy to put so much into a salute. What happen to the scene last episode where Alto finally came and confess to Sheryl? THat was so touching, my eyes start washing themselves.
Old 2008-09-30, 05:25   Link #1105
Xealmox

they're warming up for the movie

LOL

thats probably going to make them do this all over again butt on a grander scale
Old 2008-09-30, 05:30   Link #1106
Radik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I think you all have gone crazy to put so much into a salute. What happen to the scene last episode where Alto finally came and confess to Sheryl?
I guess the problem is that we still don't know for sure what Alto was going to say there, so people are just looking for answers in the last episode while there simply aren't any to be found.
Old 2008-09-30, 05:38   Link #1107
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xealmox View Post
they're warming up for the movie
thats probably going to make them do this all over again butt on a grander scale
Oh, I predict many such bouts from now 'till then.

Old 2008-09-30, 05:43   Link #1108
Xealmox

i've whitnissed it all butt i only just registered here after i got my interest in anime back
Old 2008-09-30, 05:44   Link #1109
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I think you all have gone crazy to put so much into a salute. What happen to the scene last episode where Alto finally came and confess to Sheryl? THat was so touching, my eyes start washing themselves.
That's why we are assuming that he's banking towards Sheryl more then to Ranka. There was nothing concrete said at the end. We can't even assume that what he wanted to say is really what we hope for. Even if it may be obvious to some of us, the way things went in episode 25 proves that there are still many things that need to be said. Without those it's anything but an ending.

Not only LT, but many other things. This is the sole reason why I simply can't view this episode as an ending episode but a regular one.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-09-30, 05:57   Link #1110
Xealmox

Kawamori is just trying to milk us again
Old 2008-09-30, 06:13   Link #1111
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
That's why we are assuming that he's banking towards Sheryl more then to Ranka. There was nothing concrete said at the end. We can't even assume that what he wanted to say is really what we hope for. Even if it may be obvious to some of us, the way things went in episode 25 proves that there are still many things that need to be said. Without those it's anything but an ending.

Not only LT, but many other things. This is the sole reason why I simply can't view this episode as an ending episode but a regular one.
Ahhh but not all ending have full closure. Some stuff are best left to the fan's imagination to draw their own conclusion. Unfortunately or fortunately, Kawamori is leaving the closure to the LT in the movie (imo). Since i dont think there's anything more important than that in this arc of the Macross story.
Old 2008-09-30, 06:14   Link #1112
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
yikes! getting personal there. he is entitled to his opinion as you are without you being abusived to him. It seems sheryl's fan are getting very agreesive now. anyone that don't agree with them is a moron.
Old 2008-09-30, 06:21   Link #1113
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
yikes! getting personal there. he is entitled to his opinion as you are without you being abusived to him. It seems sheryl's fan are getting very agreesive now. anyone that don't agree with them is a moron.
Actually, anyone who cannot agree with facts like "He is facing towards Sheryl, Ranka cannot even see him", which is obvious to anyone who is not blind... anyone like that is a moron. Itīs a fact, not an opinion.

Of course, as long as you can indict Sheryl fans, it seems that facts donīt interest you as well.
Old 2008-09-30, 06:35   Link #1114
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Okay the sun is pink and I'm not wrong because it's my opinion. Opinion shields are bullshit.
Old 2008-09-30, 06:59   Link #1115
Radik

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Actually, anyone who cannot agree with facts like "He is facing towards Sheryl, Ranka cannot even see him", which is obvious to anyone who is not blind... anyone like that is a moron. Itīs a fact, not an opinion.
I'd just like to know why that's a fact, when all of the screenshots posted here show that he was flying next to Battle Frontier and was clearly not facing towards her. The same goes for Ranka not being able to see Alto, when Sheryl can see both Ranka and Alto to the left of Battle Frontier just before the salute. And preferably explain that without insulting other people, that won't prove your point.
Old 2008-09-30, 07:10   Link #1116
mechabao

Uh, because Ranka actually didn't see him give the salute since she was no longer looking to her right at that time? Go and watch episode 25 again while paying close attention and see for yourself. Pointing out that simple fact gets annoying when people simply can't get it or are feigning ignorance.

On an unrelated note, I wish that Battle Galaxy had put up more of a fight instead of just sitting there and getting its ass kicked by the Quarter and Frontier. Oh, and it needed more Machida.

Last edited by mechabao; 2008-09-30 at 07:13. Reason: spelling errors
Old 2008-09-30, 07:16   Link #1117
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Don't lump all of Sheryl's fans together like that. I, for one, am tired of being labeled as aggressive/delusional, myself. So, stop. State people's opinions as their own and not as of a whole group, or you risk yourself looking even worse than you already do, in some respects.

As for the simple ludicrous thing of Ranka not seeing Alto's VF during the salute, I can only say one thing: WATCH the episode, people. If even then you can't realize that, go see an eye doctor, because you sure need one.

Old 2008-09-30, 07:19   Link #1118
Westlo
Lets be reality

People who don't think Alto saluted Sheryl only must...

a) think Ranka is a rude bitch who doesn't know what a salute is and the procedure to reply to it, she's doing dance motions for Interstellar Flight ffs...
b) missed that Ranka started facing away from Sheryl and was looking ahead while Sheryl saluted back.
c) has no concept of motion, the direction of altos vf was spinning towards sheryl and he even faced it even more after the salute was over.
d) haven't seen DYRL
e) is a moron
f) all of the above

Which one are you Radik?
Old 2008-09-30, 08:03   Link #1119
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

This thread is expanding faster than the Fold Network. Faster than the Fold Wave from the Vajra Queen. Faster than the expansion of the Universe.

I need a Cliff Notes daily digest to absorb this much bullshit in one forum. Sheesh.
Old 2008-09-30, 08:27   Link #1120
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Ahhh but not all ending have full closure. Some stuff are best left to the fan's imagination to draw their own conclusion. Unfortunately or fortunately, Kawamori is leaving the closure to the LT in the movie (imo). Since i dont think there's anything more important than that in this arc of the Macross story.
Yes, not everything has. And I agree that there are many things that are better left debatable. I can't imagine though to have something that is an integral part if not one of the most important elements of the show left open. There is a limit to how debatable a thing can be. Not only that, the end didn't even provide that many ambiguous elements good for a good debate

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Closed Thread