AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-10-16, 17:56   Link #1041
Traece
:cool:

Episode 3 was a great one. Definitely the funniest one yet.

More of Ryuuji and Taiga running about and 'not' dating (so they claim... <_<). With the added addition of Minorin continuing to be a complete positivity nutcase!

I don't think I and Ryuuji are very far apart. Our facial expressions were pretty much the same (not including when he's all <3 <3 over Minorin) throughout this episode with how strange everybody seems to be. It was hard not to facepalm as well, but even harder not to throw out at least one profain word when Taiga decided to somehow kick her way into the storage shed and completely obliterate Ryuuji.
Old 2008-10-16, 19:51   Link #1042
Megrim27

I enjoyed ep. 3, though didn't enjoy Taiga's backslide to a somewhat more abusive personality. I love Minorin's personality, though I agree that while I can see what attracts Ryuuji to her, it seems like it would be difficult to have an actual relationship with someone like that.

Spoiler for Ep. 3:
Megrim27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 19:52   Link #1043
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Seeing the "new" Taiga is becoming harder and harder to swallow >_>
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 21:31   Link #1044
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Seeing the "new" Taiga is becoming harder and harder to swallow >_>
Why don't you start choking instead?

Loved this episode, hilarious, I was on the floor holding my stomach from laughing so hard when she was on her way back and screaming and just fell flat on her face. Oh god that shit was golden.

15:28 - 15:30 if you're wondering exactly.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 23:46   Link #1045
Tiran86

Hmm. I feel a bit mixed on this episode. Its my least favorite of the 3 so far, but I do like that it developed Minori a bit, even though its filler. On the other hand, it didn't introduce Ami, which is the main reason I'm watching it now instead of waiting for the translation of the novels.

Well either way, I'll keep watching. I like Toradora so I'm up for more of it in any form, be it anime, manga or light novels.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 00:15   Link #1046
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post

Loved this episode, hilarious, I was on the floor holding my stomach from laughing so hard when she was on her way back and screaming and just fell flat on her face. Oh god that shit was golden.

Was it really that funny? It feels more like they're trying too hard to be funny.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 00:22   Link #1047
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Was it really that funny? It feels more like they're trying too hard to be funny.
It sounds like you're trying too hard to tolerate the show just trying to entertain you.

I thought Taiga running around screaming at the top of her lungs and then falling on her ass was hilarious. Maybe if she exploded afterwards it would have been even funnier.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 00:56   Link #1048
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well i dunno if it is the EPITOME of tsundere but still could have used more item that is disposable hehehe
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 01:34   Link #1049
pparker

If this were real, Kitamura and Minori should get married and have a sane, productive and healthy life with wonderful children. Her level of energy and her enthusiastic attitude would power the engine, and his level-headed intelligence and keen insight would guide them to great success. Ryuji should just get out while he can and find someone, anyone, that is sane, because Taiga will end up in a far back cubicle of a really boring 4th floor office, whining and bitching about her life when she's 40, childless and divorced.

That's what happens to tsunderes that don't a.) become invincible familiars to a lord god of the universe, b.) possess mysterious and awesome magic power in medieval times, or c.) have a billion dollars in the bank.

However, that would be a different story, so... This show actually does have some promise for what it is, though I heard a bit too much literal Shana and Louise in episode 3 (and we should be about done with the urusai's, I would think. We all get the connection by now).

Spoiler for EP 3 spoiler:
pparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 02:08   Link #1050
passin'gass
Cropduster

Minorin's ADHD-like symptoms seem to indeed cover for something quite tragic, much like Sana's wristwatch in M;Y

That said, she could just be on meth...and anti-depressants. naaaaah! too much like RL
passin'gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 03:02   Link #1051
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

god all the spoilers i cant w8 any more if ever i dont watch it for the next 24 hrs i feel sorry for the guys next to me *GRINS*
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 07:19   Link #1052
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiran86 View Post
Hmm. I feel a bit mixed on this episode. Its my least favorite of the 3 so far, but I do like that it developed Minori a bit, even though its filler. On the other hand, it didn't introduce Ami, which is the main reason I'm watching it now instead of waiting for the translation of the novels.

Well either way, I'll keep watching. I like Toradora so I'm up for more of it in any form, be it anime, manga or light novels.
You really should give the novels a shot. They're different enough from the show that you'll still get a lot out of them.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 07:49   Link #1053
ayu
DUN.DDUN.DDDUN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Skimmed Ep. 3 and... I liked the interactions between Minori but yeah you could tell it was filler with how over the top and needlessly cruel Taiga was being.

JC Staff formula for success: "Let the audience know the heroine likes the guy by haing her attack him when he's done nothing wrong!"

Next episode preview seems to imply they're going to mess with the order of events in Ami's introduction too.
Taiga hit Ryuuji probably due to the fact that he was giving Minori affectionate looks, she is probably not comfortable with the fact that Ryuuji likes Minori, as seen from episode 1 where she does not approve of Ryuuji liking Minori.

It has nothing to do with Taiga liking Ryuuji, just yet perhaps. Though we all know how Taiga and Ryuuji's relationship would be at the end of the series, it is best that we keep in mind that Taiga is merely maintaining a platonic relationship with Ryuuji for now.

Last edited by ayu; 2008-10-17 at 08:11.
ayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 09:19   Link #1054
Solafighter
Hige

From my point of view, my thought will never change.
Old 2008-10-17, 09:24   Link #1055
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post

Well some people taking shows very seriously. You should have seen the inane war in Macross sub forum, it is embarrassing to read sometimes.

Furthermore, not everyone can laugh as same humor.
Old 2008-10-17, 11:52   Link #1056
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Spoiler for ep.3:
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 13:22   Link #1057
loltan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
What would it be like if Minori Chihara voiced Taiga...?
loltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 13:25   Link #1058
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I do prefer the first two episodes compared to the third episode, but I still enjoyed it. Minorin is definately very likeable from her energetic personality. Taiga do feel a little too much like Louise this episode, don't know is that a good thing or not. Looks like Yui Horie is once again Kugimiya Rie's love rival in anime (Zero no Tsukaima anyone?).
Old 2008-10-17, 13:27   Link #1059
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
I do prefer the first two episodes compared to the third episode, but I still enjoyed it. Minorin is definately very likeable from her energetic personality. Taiga do feel a little too much like Louise this episode, don't know is that a good thing or not. Looks like Yui Horie is once again Kugimiya Rie's love rival in anime (Zero no Tsukaima anyone?).
Yeah, if i hear Uresui or Baka Inu. >_< One more time.

But, I've been reading the visual novel translation on Baka Tsuki... Very interesting.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 13:33   Link #1060
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by loltan View Post
What would it be like if Minori Chihara voiced Taiga...?
Chihara doesn't even voice tsundere characters. But if she does replace Kugimiya however, this classical anime will tone down a little causing it to be les like Zero no Tsukaima. Then again, Taiga is too violent for Chihara to handle
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen