AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2008-12-02, 06:40   Link #841
Mumitroll
Banned

question: does anyone know of a possibly high-quality DVD box for Higurashi (and perhaps even Kai?). I'm fine with Japanese releases if they have English subtitles.

this looks good but doesnt seem like it has subtitles?...

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%81%B2%E3...8217947&sr=1-2
Mumitroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 06:50   Link #842
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumitroll View Post
question: does anyone know of a possibly high-quality DVD box for Higurashi (and perhaps even Kai?). I'm fine with Japanese releases if they have English subtitles.

this looks good but doesnt seem like it has subtitles?...
With a couple of exceptions, Japanese DVD releases of anime never have English subs.

A box was optionally included with the first DVD of the first season of the American release.
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 07:23   Link #843
Mumitroll
Banned

I dont like the US release. it has ghastly negative-color cover illustrations for the DVDs - i wonder what idiot came up with that - and a cheesy box as well, not to mention the stupid name change to "When They Cry" classic FUNimation...

why the heck is

supposed to be better than the - very pretty - original:

/grumble...

if there is no good subtitled DVD box set seems like i'm pretty much going to set for buying the JP one directly... at least I'll get beautiful original art and wont be financing shabby US middleman companies which demand money for messing it up..

Last edited by Mumitroll; 2008-12-02 at 07:37.
Old 2008-12-02, 07:28   Link #844
Eryops

Quote:
I dont like the US release. it has ghastly negative-color cover illustrations for the DVDs - i wonder what idiot came up with that - and a cheesy box as well, not to mention the stupid name change to "When They Cry" classic FUNimation...
That's the English name for the franchise selected by the Japanese. If you want to blame someone, blame Ryukishi07.

Quote:
supposed to be better than the - very pretty - original:
You can remove the cover from the DVD jewel case and reinsert it backwards. The inside of the page contains a non-negative version of the cover image. And they had to do something to indicate that it isn't simply a moe slice of life show, which is the impression one would get from glancing at the original covers.
Old 2008-12-02, 07:34   Link #845
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

First, it Geneon than changed the name. at the demand of Ryukishi07.
Second, When They Cry didn't come out of the blue, it some kind oc subtitle:
Higurashi no naku koro ni, When they Cry 1
Higurashi no naku koro ni Kai, When they Cry 2
Higurashi no naku Koro ni Rai When they Cry 2.5
Umineko no naku koro ni, When they Cry 3
Old 2008-12-02, 07:54   Link #846
Mumitroll
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
You can remove the cover from the DVD jewel case and reinsert it backwards. The inside of the page contains a non-negative version of the cover image.
O! that changes the situation somewhat. now only if they'd write that into the description...

Quote:
And they had to do something to indicate that it isn't simply a moe slice of life show, which is the impression one would get from glancing at the original covers.
figured so much. aka same logic as with renaming Kenshin to Samurai X...
Old 2008-12-02, 10:39   Link #847
Orophin

In case you would like to see some photos of the DVDs:

Sorry for the flash in the first and second image.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 12:45   Link #848
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Question: Does the Dvd versions have lots of Extra screens/Editor cut's screen comparing to the aired version?

I haven't finished yet so too scared to check around in case of spoilers
Old 2008-12-02, 13:15   Link #849
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

The US version have nothing, no extra, nothing.
But it the non-censured version.
Old 2008-12-02, 13:17   Link #850
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
The US version have nothing, no extra, nothing.
But it does have trailers.

Old 2008-12-02, 16:31   Link #851
Mumitroll
Banned

Quote:
In case you would like to see some photos of the DVDs:
thanks. looks ok, so i've ordered all of it. vol. 6 only out end of December though.
Old 2008-12-03, 14:32   Link #852
Ryuugu-chan
.....?

Question

This is an irrelevant question,but in the first season of the anime,that's Rika in the previews,right?

I just thought today,maybe that's Fredrica. But I'm pretty sure it's Rika.

So,anyway,it is Rika right?
Old 2008-12-03, 15:17   Link #853
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

When we start to questioning about Rika/Frederica, we can be sure of only one thing;
We might never have the answer.
Old 2008-12-03, 15:24   Link #854
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Considering the style of speech (in riddles and poetry), it is very likely that it is Bernkastel.
Old 2008-12-04, 12:39   Link #855
Risa chan
Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuugu-chan View Post
This is an irrelevant question,but in the first season of the anime,that's Rika in the previews,right?

I just thought today,maybe that's Fredrica. But I'm pretty sure it's Rika.

So,anyway,it is Rika right?
She is. Like we said before , Frederica is the Rika in the Fractal dimension . She's the accumulation of her own memories and so , she became another antity. Like she wasn't human anymore, and couldn't call herself Rika (because Rika was her Living side ) she called her Frederica Bernkastel

Frederica= Furude Rika

Bernkastel =
Bern = Bernstein in german who means Amber's Rock ( For us , Crystals Dimension) Kastel Means castle simply.

Why German huh ? Because in germany , there were many poets like Goethe or Faust for some . He was using the same syntaxe as Frederica.

but this , is just a thought of mine, and what my German's teacher said. For the rest, Frederica said that she was Rika or at least.. Rika was a part of her. She's every rika .
She left poems to help players and herself.
My question is, did she live as Rika? Because Rika didn't lose all of her memories , and it could explain why we had a "Dark Rika"
Old 2008-12-04, 13:56   Link #856
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risa chan View Post
Bernkastel =
Bern = Bernstein in german who means Amber's Rock ( For us , Crystals Dimension) Kastel Means castle simply.
And let's not forget that the town Bernkastel is known for its wine and that the red wine Rika drinks comes from there.

Quote:
For the rest, Frederica said that she was Rika or at least.. Rika was a part of her.
She said that she was once human but I don't think she ever said that she was Rika. In fact, she see herself as a diferent being from Rika.
Old 2008-12-04, 13:58   Link #857
Risa chan
Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
And let's not forget that the town Bernkastel is known for its wine and that the red wine Rika drinks comes from there.

She said that she was once human but I don't think she ever said that she was Rika. In fact, she see herself as a diferent being from Rika.
She said it, she said " I have to tell you the truth , it's from this game, i played against this child ( Lambdadelta) I became a witch "

After that there's so many hints the "Nipah~" " Thousand years old" "I used to be an human"
Frederica Admit she was Rika when she was alive
But like i told you, she Couldn't call her Rika anymore, because she became another thing. So yeah she can't see her as Rika anymore. That's why ^^

Last edited by Risa chan; 2008-12-04 at 14:14.
Risa chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 14:35   Link #858
Eryops

Quote:
She said it, she said " I have to tell you the truth , it's from this game, i played against this child ( Lambdadelta) I became a witch "

After that there's so many hints the "Nipah~" " Thousand years old" "I used to be an human"
Frederica Admit she was Rika when she was alive
But like i told you, she Couldn't call her Rika anymore, because she became another thing. So yeah she can't see her as Rika anymore. That's why ^^
I think that you are overanalyzing things. Rika in Saikoroshi-hen decides that she's so different from what she was like before she first died that she decides to give herself another name. She was drinking at the time, so she gives herself as a name what was written on the wine label which happens to be 'Bernkastel'. Trying to find a deeper meaning seems futile.
Old 2008-12-04, 14:52   Link #859
Risa chan
Watcher

Quote:
I think that you are overanalyzing things. Rika in Saikoroshi-hen decides that she's so different from what she was like before she first died that she decides to give herself another name. She was drinking at the time, so she gives herself as a name what was written on the wine label which happens to be 'Bernkastel'. Trying to find a deeper meaning seems futile.
I didn't forget this . I was just looking for the TRUE meaning of bernkastel ,like i was looking for the meaning of Lambdadelta. Bern = amber , was just a personal thought (even if ,I'm sure 7th know it too) . It has to do nothing with the true meaning. I'm sorry if it borred you but it wasn't a argument at all ^^" .

After , Rika Decided that she was different in saikoroshi-hen but she clearly explained in her message that ,even if she changed her name , she still was Rika.(in a way)
I am who I am; Frederica Bernkastel.
Furude Rika and Frederica are different. Shame on you if you thought so.
My age? I've gotten bored with it, so I've quit counting.

Huh? Are you speculating that the real identity of the Oyashiro-sama is me?
Giggle giggle. You are so insolent.
The Oyashiro-sama is the Oyashiro-sama. You want me to introduce it to you? It's rather shy.
It gets frightened easily so don't scare it, okay? However, it seems that you are the one that's scared.

Giggle giggle giggle...

Sorry for this trouble with Amber thing , i was just looking for the true meaning ( Because 7th Never chose by Hazard ( Once again, it's what I think )
Old 2008-12-04, 15:07   Link #860
Orophin

Quote:
I am who I am; Frederica Bernkastel.
Furude Rika and Frederica are different. Shame on you if you thought so.
The way I see this, when she say shame on you, it's if you thought they were the same person, not if you thought they were different. Also, the way you see it doesn't make sense with what is written right before it. She's saying that she is who she is.