AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-05-25, 00:51   Link #281
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluegel View Post
Considering this was announced 6 fucking months ago, a DEC release date is pretty stupid.

Hell SRW Z2 just barely came out and they already announced OG3 for PS3 is out in only 3 months.
To be fair, at the start of the year Terada said that it was going to be a good year for SRW fans.

Also, if they are taking longer to add more characters, I am not complaining.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 01:38   Link #282
Fluegel

The development of an average SRW game most likely far surpasses the dev time of one like this.

Hell Aces was fun, but by no means would it ever be close to game of the year. These games really only sell on name recognition.

OG3 probably has 5 times more development put into it. Seeing as it's being built from scratch and GoD is only making a few new models and reuseing everything else.
Fluegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 01:48   Link #283
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluegel View Post
Considering this was announced 6 fucking months ago, a DEC release date is pretty stupid.

Hell SRW Z2 just barely came out and they already announced OG3 for PS3 is out in only 3 months.
When's the A's movie coming out? That might have something to do with it. It's better marketing to release the game when everybody's hyped up about the A's movie.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 02:30   Link #284
aers
*Fansubber

a's movie is "2012".
aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 07:15   Link #285
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Hrmm, maybe the opposite then. Release the game in advance to create hype for the movies.

That, or they just announced the game early. It takes several years to develop a decent game after all, most games are in development for far longer than the announcement period would suggest.
Old 2011-05-25, 08:06   Link #286
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
most games are in development for far longer than the announcement period would suggest.
Hello, thar, Duke Nukem For(n)ever.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 08:07   Link #287
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Some how I don't think this is the type of game that would take several years to develop.
Old 2011-05-25, 09:29   Link #288
Fluegel

Except the Nanoha game was never really decent and at times felt unpolished. Maybe it'd be justified if it was being built from scratch, but it's just working on the Aces architecture.
Fluegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 09:53   Link #289
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
a's movie is "2012".
That also can mean that the movie will be realeased in early 2012, after all the MOVIE 1st was released in January 2010, so the gap between the GoD game and the MOVIE 2nd can possibly be of only a month.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 10:32   Link #290
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You'd be surprised how long it takes to actually make a proper game. The main reason most movie cashin games suck is exactly because the developers only get a year, maybe two if they're really lucky, to work with. That the first game felt unpolished only reinforces my point that games take time. Even having a framework is no guarantee that is lessens the time to build. It often does, yes, but if there are plenty of times where the developers have to rebuild the framework from the ground up to fit in new gizmos.

Considering the A's movie release date though, the more likely theory at the moment is marketing.

Last edited by Keroko; 2011-05-25 at 10:53.
Old 2011-05-25, 15:02   Link #291
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
That also can mean that the movie will be realeased in early 2012, after all the MOVIE 1st was released in January 2010, so the gap between the GoD game and the MOVIE 2nd can possibly be of only a month.
There isn't even a trailer out for it yet, so that's not a good sign considering the Movie 1st had trailers out wayyyy before it's release.

I wonder if this is supposed to be Nanoha and Fate's casual clothes for the A's movie.
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/...es-brown_hair-

Last edited by Demi.; 2011-05-25 at 15:24.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 15:28   Link #292
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
yeah given the last movie's delays, 2013 maybe, makes me wonder how they'll keep the franchise fresh in that time

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 16:05   Link #293
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I wonder if this is supposed to be Nanoha and Fate's casual clothes for the A's movie.
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/...es-brown_hair-
Those are pretty much the clothes they were wearing in A's, so that's a safe bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
yeah given the last movie's delays, 2013 maybe, makes me wonder how they'll keep the franchise fresh in that time
*points to the aforementioned game release date* Throw in some articles and posters that makes the fans go "ooh" and "aah" and you're done. The target audience for Nanoha is pretty much filled with dedicated fans anyway, so even a long break would still be enough sell stuff.
Old 2011-05-25, 16:09   Link #294
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
*points to the aforementioned game release date* Throw in some articles and posters that makes the fans go "ooh" and "aah" and you're done. The target audience for Nanoha is pretty much filled with dedicated fans anyway, so even a long break would still be enough sell stuff.
An OVA featuring the Wolkenritter in the meantime would also be a good selling point.

Or at least a short manga.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 16:13   Link #295
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

They already have two ongoing manga as we speak though, so they're already well set in that area.
Old 2011-05-25, 20:59   Link #296
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

That wasn't a problem for the MOVIE 1st manga, i still hoping for a MOVIE 2nd one xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 23:51   Link #297
Aaron008R

December? Acha... The wait will be far longer than I expected.

Well, I guess I'll just grab Disgaea 2 and Jeanne de'Arc for my PSP in the meanwhile.

In the meanwhile, for those wanting the names of the spells in the first game, they can be found here. Material-L's Full Drive attack's name is incredibly awesome. ('Raijin Messatsu Kyokkōzan' translated as 'Thunder Blade Annihilation Aurora Slash.')

As for powerlevels, adding Signum's Combo Power (damage multiplier) ability would make the top 4 strongest attacks in the 1st game as follows...

1st: Zafira's Steel Yoke
2nd: Reinforce's Lightning of the Night Sky
3rd: Hayate's Ragnarok Breaker
4th: Shamal's Linker Core Removal

It's top 4 because they are the only characters that can KO any character with 2 Consecutive hits of their Full Drives. if your curious on what comes fifth, it's Vita Gigant Schlag, which just falls short of KO-ing the opponent on the 2nd hit by around 3 hairstrands worth of HP. SLB, Plasma Zamber and Eternal Coffin aren't really that powerful compared to the first five. And Signum's Sturmfalken is the weakest Full Drive in the game... not that she needs a strong one in the first place to be completely broken. As for the Materials, Luciferion Breaker, Aurora Slash and Excalibur are just a little stronger than their counterparts.

EDIT: Ahh, yes. Kyrie and Amitie's twin pistols x dual sword x BFS devices are called "Variable Zapper." Kinda fitting name for a device from TSAB. Kinda lends the intergalactic police vibe, I guess.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 02:52   Link #298
Aaron008R

Please forgive me for double-posting. But this news just deserves a post of it's own!

Some latest updates on MGLN A's PSP GOD:

Spoiler for Teach us! Einhart-sensei!:

Spoiler for Movie versions of Nanoha and Fate:

Spoiler for Amitie, Touma and HOLY-!!!!!:

Spoiler for Beach Amitie:

Spoiler for Kyrie, Einhart and Vivio:

Speaking of Kyrie...

Spoiler for *wolfwhistles*:

She definitely knows how to flaunt her charm. Just from the images, I can definitely feel the Excellen Browning vibes from her. I bet she's the type to flirt indiscriminately and won't mind exposure-

Spoiler for *SPITTAKES*:

I lose... @_@

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2011-05-26 at 09:13.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 02:59   Link #299
Justin_Brett

They should start spoiling things from Vivid, just to even things up.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 05:06   Link #300
aers
*Fansubber

Theres a couple images Aaron didn't post over here http://japan.gamespot.com/psp/news/35003218/

Mainly of the CG dvd that comes with the box.
aers is offline   Reply With Quote