AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-29, 21:25   Link #1601
chikkychappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
-EPISODE 41-

-Manga: Chapters 70, second half of chapter 71, First part of chapter 72
-Nippon's Adaptation: Episodes 50, 51

[/SPOILER]
you forgot to mention that the first scenes with the ryodan (in madhouse's version) is filler, as well as hisoka being late and being turned-on just by danchou's silhouette (which i really liked btw). madhouse also changed the scene where danchou ordered the ryodan to steal everything. instead of this epic formation, madhouse had the ryodan sitting around like a bunch of kids. madhouse also implied that most of the ryodan was surprised with the "steal everything" order when in fact most of them just had poker faces.

in comparison, nippon's version was a lot more faithful to the manga in the introduction of the ryodan. note: i don't think being more faithful is necessarily better and i will maintain that point to the end. but the 1999 version has always been castigated for even the most minor changes. i expect consistent standards.

Last edited by chikkychappy; 2012-07-30 at 21:46.
chikkychappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 21:30   Link #1602
supermegasonic

holy crap shal's voice is a piece of shit! so god damn annoying
Old 2012-07-30, 17:47   Link #1603
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I dunno, I thought it fits him, being the most upbeat member of the spider.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 01:09   Link #1604
leokiko

They slowed this episode so that all the action could be the next one. Good call, but kinda of a punishment for those that were looking foward to the auction...
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 01:14   Link #1605
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
haha it was fun seeing Gon trying hard to beat the glasses girl! lol at the next episode preview i saw an alien! and Uvogin1!!
Old 2012-08-05, 01:50   Link #1606
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

They really turned up the kawaii factor for Gon & Killiua this week...

Great set-up episode - and great to see Leorio again. He fills quite a unique niche in our little family.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 02:07   Link #1607
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

If I recalled correctly, Gon was planning to purchase a pager in the manga/old series right? Now, its replace by a cell phone and I was bit stump about the beetle design phone, that they decide to keep.

Big and ew

Can't wait for action, next week.

Edit* lol it was not a pager, it was a cell phone. Man, 1999 wasn't back than enough to use a pager yet... maybe 1990? haha

Last edited by vansonbee; 2012-08-05 at 12:27.
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 02:29   Link #1608
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkychappy View Post
you forgot to mention that the first scenes with the ryodan (in madhouse's version) is filler, as well as hisoka being late and being turned-on just by danchou's silhouette (which i really liked btw). madhouse also changed the scene where danchou ordered the ryodan to steal everything. instead of this epic formation, madhouse had the ryodan sitting around like a bunch of kids. madhouse also implied that most of the ryodan was surprised with the "steal everything" order when in fact most of them just had poker faces.

in comparison, nippon's version was a lot more faithful to the manga in the introduction of the ryodan. note: i don't think being more faithful is necessarily better and i will maintain that point to the end. but the 1999 version has always been castigated for even the most minor changes. i expect consistent standards.
Excellent post.
Since the Madhouse anime premiered, this thread had been mysteriously invaded by about three new members trying to convince everyone that this was bound to be the superior adaptation from day one, so don't be surprised by those biased "comparisons" that are more like opinions (and omissions).
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 02:45   Link #1609
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

*shrugs* i thought their will be action this week, seems they drag long this episode, a nice build up episode nonetheless
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 03:05   Link #1610
HybridBloodsZak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Excellent post.
Since the Madhouse anime premiered, this thread had been mysteriously invaded by about three new members trying to convince everyone that this was bound to be the superior adaptation from day one, so don't be surprised by those biased "comparisons" that are more like opinions (and omissions).
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkychappy View Post

I agree with you when you say that faithful doesn't necessarily mean better but for fans of the manga who watch the remake(which is said by Madhouse to follow the manga as close as they can), they want to see Togashi's story not the director's which is why they mix up faithful with better

If you have the time check out
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=472517

I actually go into detail about that topic
HybridBloodsZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 05:45   Link #1611
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i consider myself satisfied, they did change the whole atmosphere od the series for this arc, wich was a huge concern for me, but this arc its just getting started so, its to early to judge.
Old 2012-08-05, 06:37   Link #1612
Marower

BEETLE PHONE, THEY KEPT IT. WOOOOOOOOOO.

My only thoughts.

Marower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 08:26   Link #1613
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Spoiler for Based on Preview:
Old 2012-08-05, 09:05   Link #1614
ookamigirl

Reunion with Leorio was nice, and got them a good deal too ^^
They brought him up to speed about their recent quest as well.
Gon arm wrestling to raise funds was a typical Leorio idea.
Kurapika having a heart-to-heart with his companion was pretty unusual for him.
Interesting episode. Lots of promise of action next time.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 11:28   Link #1615
SHINOBI-03

One day I WILL make you give me money for doing this week after week... you have my word!!

-EPISODE 42-

Spoiler for Part 1:

Spoiler for Part 2:

Last edited by SHINOBI-03; 2012-09-02 at 06:15.
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 11:51   Link #1616
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I thought Shizuku was drawn a bit cuter in Nippon's adaptation of
Spoiler for YT link to nippon's arm wrestling, but side videos are spoilers (>.>):
, but even here, she's still just so adorable X03! I can only wonder how somebody this cutesy could end up with a bunch of thieves.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 12:15   Link #1617
SHINOBI-03

Now that I've got my comparison and other things out of the way in four forums, I want to discuss two important matters. First in production-wise and the second story-wise.

-First Matter:
Am I the only one who thinks things started to get backwards between the two studios? In the past we've praised Madhouse's adaptation for being the closest and most faithful to the manga. But as of Whale Island arc, it feels Madhouse's quality is getting off track by making unnecessary scene alterations,deleting scenes and lines and adding a lot of filler scenes, and that's started to get on my nerves! If this goes on, the quality of this arc will get lower and it'll make Nippon's adaptation the closest to the manga in a complete contrast to how it was at the beginning.

-Second matter:
How do you think Leoreo learned nen? As seen, he only knows one practice. Did he try to learn it on his own or by a teacher? If he learned by a teacher, then he got himself a bad one if he didn't teach him everything! That, or he went the slow way. Cause as we all know, there are two methods to learn nen: The first is the quick way which is opening the vents by another nen user like what Wing did to the boys, and the other way is the slow way the same as Zushi who took months till he reached his current level that we saw in Heave's Arena arc.
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 12:26   Link #1618
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
-Second matter:
How do you think Leoreo learned nen? As seen, he only knows one practice. Did he try to learn it on his own or by a teacher? If he learned by a teacher, then he got himself a bad one if he didn't teach him everything! That, or he went the slow way. Cause as we all know, there are two methods to learn nen: The first is the quick way which is opening the vents by another nen user like what Wing did to the boys, and the other way is the slow way the same as Zushi who took months till he reached his current level that we saw in Heave's Arena arc.
Probably with a teacher, since it seemed the chairman arranged for a teacher to be sent to whoever passed and needed one. That teacher probably just taught whatever Leorio could use instead of doing an infodump right at the start. And Leorio isn't as good or as motivated as Gon and Killua are, so he'll take more time to learn everything.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 12:32   Link #1619
Vicious108

Quote:
-First Matter:
Am I the only one who thinks things started to get backwards between the two studios? In the past we've praised Madhouse's adaptation for being the closest and most faithful to the manga. But as of Whale Island arc, it feels Madhouse's quality is getting off track by making unnecessary scene alterations,deleting scenes and lines and adding a lot of filler scenes, and that's started to get on my nerves! If this goes on, the quality of this arc will get lower and it'll make Nippon's adaptation the closest to the manga in a complete contrast to how it was at the beginning.
Yeah, it's been bugging me as well. York Shin needs no filler. The only addition I've liked thus far was the first scene with Hisoka and Chrollo in this episode. Otherwise the anime original material has been pure padding. I can only guess that it's because Togashi's work is on hiatus again (I've always assumed that this new adaptation of questionable necessity was partially a way of motivating him to get back to work and finally finish the damn story), but they still have about 267 chapters left until they catch up with the manga, so it's annoying that they're already resorting to padding, especially in the best arc in the series.

But oh well. I think this episode didn't have as many needless creative liberties as the previous ones, so who knows, maybe things will get better as we progress further into the arc.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 12:37   Link #1620
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I thought Shizuku was drawn a bit cuter in Nippon's adaptation of
Spoiler for YT link to nippon's arm wrestling, but side videos are spoilers (>.>):
, but even here, she's still just so adorable X03! I can only wonder how somebody this cutesy could end up with a bunch of thieves.
Meteor City must be an horrible place then.

leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen