AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-11, 08:58   Link #1121
jandkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Whether or not the ending of Sukunai+ is indicative of the ending of the light novels is still open to speculation. It could be a sign of things to come, but it could very well be an alternative route that's meant to placate Sena's huge fanbase before an adverse ending. One anime that did take this route is Onegai Twins, in which the manga and anime endings differed.

The discussion about Sena peaking too early is still fresh from a few pages back, but one thing that struck me is that many Chinese readers seem to share the same observations. I was looking through one of the Chinese light novel forums, and its members also mentioned the same arguments about how they felt as though things wouldn't go well for Sena. Similar to the stuff I posted in this thread, the Chinese readers talked about something akin to momentum and how Sena was moving too quickly to be the end girl.
Sorry I am a newbie here but what does everyone mean by Chinese Light Novel forums? Are the quicker? Are they on this website?
jandkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 15:53   Link #1122
mironicus

One thought about the ending in Vol. 8 and the thing about the "prologue"

Spoiler:

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-08-11 at 16:09.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 02:23   Link #1123
jandkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
One thought about the ending in Vol. 8 and the thing about the "prologue"

Spoiler:
Well, the help from Rika hasn't been done yet. And if Kodaka also confesses to Sena now then, the author just brushed aside Yozora, not even without the best friend, learning to depend on herself. So there is still that for Yozora or she becomes the main love interest with Sena peaking to early. I still think there might be a little bit more volumes to go.

Spoiler:

I think since Kodaka knows the girl's feelings but tried to avoid it like Rika said, maybe he might get both of them?

In all seriousness if the next chapter is just Kodaka confesses to Sena in the next chapter then it is going to be one short novel.

I noticed there is less of Yozora in the recent chapters so maybe she might come back as an interest. Let's just hope it doesn't end like in Plus for her were it was painfully sad since she also had feelings for him.
Old 2012-08-12, 06:50   Link #1124
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkas View Post
I think since Kodaka knows the girl's feelings but tried to avoid it like Rika said, maybe he might get both of them?

In all seriousness if the next chapter is just Kodaka confesses to Sena in the next chapter then it is going to be one short novel.

I noticed there is less of Yozora in the recent chapters so maybe she might come back as an interest. Let's just hope it doesn't end like in Plus for her were it was painfully sad since she also had feelings for him.
If you are hoping tfor a haren end then you maybe out of luck.

If you mean he gives a yes responce?
Then no it wont be short because there the reactions of certain characters and how deal with the fact that they are now a couple.
Kobato for one.

And there maybe more Yozora because of her wanting Kodaka to heself and she had deal with the fact(If it happens)that Kodaka and Sena are dating.
Old 2012-08-12, 07:00   Link #1125
jandkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
If you are hoping tfor a haren end then you maybe out of luck.

If you mean he gives a yes responce?
Then no it wont be short because there the reactions of certain characters and how deal with the fact that they are now a couple.
Kobato for one.

And there maybe more Yozora because of her wanting Kodaka to heself and she had deal with the fact(If it happens)that Kodaka and Sena are dating.

The responses aren't going to fill up a whole volume and that would completely dismiss the integrity of the Neighbors club thing with Kodaka. Since he wants the Club to remain the way it is.

Last edited by jandkas; 2012-08-12 at 07:01. Reason: Forgot to add quote
Old 2012-08-12, 10:38   Link #1126
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Except vol. 8 has the club changing already. Kodaka can NOT go back to the status quo. I think that's part of what vol. 8 is about

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 18:02   Link #1127
sky black swordman

^ Exactly.
Old 2012-08-13, 06:26   Link #1128
jandkas

Well, who knows, all we can do right now is just wait for Vol.9.
Old 2012-08-14, 13:25   Link #1129
Sepheria

Uhm, does someone knows something about these pictures? I don't know at what they're related, but it seems like Kobato is, uhm, admiring(?) Yozora. If someone could tell me how things are going between Yozora and Kobato, I would really be grateful.
Spoiler for speculations:
Sepheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 13:41   Link #1130
Sumeragi
Banned

Spoiler for If I'm correct.....:
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 14:58   Link #1131
mironicus

There are no further affections on Yozora's side, she is unconcerned about her. She don't tease Kobato because she is Kodaka's little sister. If she were not his sister she would treat her like all the others.
Old 2012-08-14, 15:39   Link #1132
Sumeragi
Banned

Any proof of that, or is it your usual speculations?
Old 2012-08-14, 16:05   Link #1133
mironicus

Quote:
"...I suppose there's no problem if she's your little sister..."
Anyone not related to Kodaka gets teased by her. She tolerates Kobato and let her join the club because she is no possible love rival.
Old 2012-08-14, 16:08   Link #1134
Sumeragi
Banned

And how is that proof there is no affection?
Old 2012-08-14, 16:26   Link #1135
mironicus

Yozora's opinion about Kobato.
Quote:
"Hm... she Kodaka's little sister - that's all."
Old 2012-08-14, 16:43   Link #1136
Sumeragi
Banned

And exactly when was that in what context? Also, given Yozora's history of not being completely honest, are you sure we can take those words literally?
Old 2012-08-14, 16:45   Link #1137
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
Yozora's opinion about Kobato.
And, the reason for that is answered by yourself above. You're just going around in circles trying to portray Yozora has the villain of the series once again with vague quotes. Just because she doesn't slobber (literally) all over her like Sena does doesn't mean that she doesn't care for her. Hell, she even shows some sort of affection to those she teases mercilessly...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 20:57   Link #1138
mironicus

Yozora mainly cares about herself. She does not tease Kobato - so she doesn't get into trouble with Kodaka! She thinks mostly about her own advantage.

But... if it comes to other people's feelings, she doesn't care and she does not consider.

For example... she hurts a club member and she enjoys it. And she is doing it right in front of her main point of interest - Kodaka! And yet... she does not even consider what he might think about what she is doing! Does he like it? Does he hate it? She doesn't care at all! She is fully being herself, she is totally honest in her evilness.

Yozora will learn to care for others if she actually recognize that she has friends that sticks to her even though she treats them like shit the whole time.

I really must compliment the author for creating a character like Yozora. Her evil side is so deep!

To like or to hate her just depends on which things you focus on. If you are empathic with her victims you will probably don't like her. If you are just seeing the romantic aspect of her situation and ignore everything else you actually might think that she will be the end girl.

At the end everything depends on how Kodaka judges about her. Does he consider what she is doing? Did he ever considered having a relationship with her? At the end of the story we all will have learned a lesson about how relationships works from his point of view.
Old 2012-08-14, 22:34   Link #1139
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I think that everything depends on whether those wearing shipping glasses can still be objective in their discussion of the character not in their ship.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 00:53   Link #1140
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

to be very fair, it's quite obvious Yozora doesn't really care for others. It's kind of why she's an outcast -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen