AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

View Poll Results: Horizon S2 - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 16 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 31.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 15.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 3.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-28, 20:02   Link #21
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

so i was wrong about the pole dance. Toori was trying to pull it out.
Old 2012-08-28, 20:04   Link #22
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
so i was wrong about the pole dance. Toori was trying to pull it out.
I guess. It still looked like one, though. And thus, I will consider it to be one.
Old 2012-08-28, 20:15   Link #23
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
I guess. It still looked like one, though. And thus, I will consider it to be one.
pole dance? i thought he was just humping the sword
Old 2012-08-28, 20:24   Link #24
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
pole dance? i thought he was just humping the sword
Same difference. ;p
Old 2012-08-28, 20:44   Link #25
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
England has also earned P.A ODA's enimity....and P.A ODA is easily the strongest single faction around.

Well I think another factor why Elizabeth sided with Musashi is that it seems that deep down, she wants Toori to succeed and put a stop to the Apocalypse and the history recreation considering how the latter tore her apart from her sister.
I'm not particularly well versed in history, but I don't think this incident will have a huge impact between England and P.A ODA, considering I doubt there will be a major event England will have to reenact with them anyway. At most it would definitely lead to tension between them, but P.A ODA wouldn't have much benefit to wage war against England, especially if you consider the numerous events during the Sengoku and Tokugawa period they would have to deal with.
Old 2012-08-28, 20:47   Link #26
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

There is no recreation yes....at least because the next major step that P.A ODA plays in involves Musashi and Russia mainly....

But actual history then is very different from the GENESIS era where people can run around and interfere in backroom scheming and such. They can still strike against each others' interests.

Especially when you consider how closely related P.A ODA and M.H.R.R are....

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-08-28 at 21:22.
Old 2012-08-28, 21:20   Link #27
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

so England and Musashi have team-up now but Tenzo is going to save Bloody Mary and will that break the team-up of England and Musashi later? those darn cliffhangers lol
Old 2012-08-28, 22:11   Link #28
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Especially when you consider how closely related P.A ODA and M.H.R.R are....
It's funny, though. They represent two powerful religions during that time: Islam or Murasai (P.A. ODA) and Christianity or Tsirhcianity (M.H.R.R.).

And as for Toshiie Maeda's Kaga Milliongeist, I think that army is just a million ants compared to the power of Horizon's Lype Katathlipse + Aspitha Phylargyria. Horizon's exposure to Akedia Katathlipse unlocked the pain of dejection, and this will become a secondary source of power if Toori is elsewhere.

Of course, add Toori to the equation and we have an entire class of elites.

But that's just 3-Plum versus Maeda. There's still five members of the Five Great Peaks to handle.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-08-28, 22:13   Link #29
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
so England and Musashi have team-up now but Tenzo is going to save Bloody Mary and will that break the team-up of England and Musashi later? those darn cliffhangers lol
From my understanding part of the agreement is that as long as Mary wanted to die Musashi would not turn on england which is why what Tenzo is going to do is try to change her mind.

Also Toori never stops amazing me at how he can be so silly yet serious at the same time.
Old 2012-08-28, 22:14   Link #30
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

since Asama is a Cleric, does she have a Bonus against Toshii's undead army?
Old 2012-08-28, 22:16   Link #31
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It's funny, though. They represent two powerful religions during that time: Islam or Murasai (P.A. ODA) and Christianity or Tsirhcianity (M.H.R.R.).

And as for Toshiie Maeda's Kaga Milliongeist, I think that army is just a million ants compared to the power of Horizon's Lype Katathlipse + Aspitha Phylargyria. Horizon's exposure to Akedia Katathlipse unlocked the pain of dejection, and this will become a secondary source of power if Toori is elsewhere.

Of course, add Toori to the equation and we have an entire class of elites.

But that's just 3-Plum versus Maeda. There's still five members of the Five Great Peaks to handle.
P.A ODA and M.H.R.R are linked more by the clan ties on the Sengoku side....Hashiba and the Oda faction etc...
Old 2012-08-28, 22:41   Link #32
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

That was a good episode. The part with Asama definitely cracked me up. Her reaction to the awkward silence was just cute.
Old 2012-08-29, 00:19   Link #33
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Thousands of undead doesn't mean that much: actually, they are only undead, so the only advantage would be their sheer numbers.

Musashi's fleet also includes their officers, which means: A god of War, 2 witches, a Divine Weapon wielder, a Miko, enormous ether reserve with a special supplier, several special agents etc.
Also, most of them have contracts with Shinto Gods, an ability for Musashi Residents that allows them to use shinto spells, and relying on offerings instead of only ether (that was considered by both Muneshige and Gin as a very troublesome point in season 1).
Finally, they have Horizon and her DSA, which alone trumps whatever Toshiie can pretend to offer.

Really, Musashi's firepower is by far much more destructive and useful than Toshiie undead army, which is why everyone in the meeting room were shocked to hear that, while Elizabeth was plenty satisfied with it.
Having a DSA is already a huge factor in battle, so a nation with 2 of them would definitely have an edge in a war, especially considering the one Horizon currently has, while Tres Espana will not be able to use their Testament Arma, so they would be stuck with only Byakko and their agents, and without any DSA to back their own army.

And no, that scar Tenzou got was when he shielded Mary when the convoy ship crashed in England, to which she was supposed to have healed it completely during the bath scene.
ah! when I think about it, that makes sense...

so Mary actually didn't heal Tenzou's scar.... that's sweet...

so if Tenzou actually can change Mary's determination to die, Musashi will take action to rescue Mary...
if it's happen during war with Tres Espana, it will turn to be a big disadvantage for England... although I'm sure Elizabeth is aware of it and hopefully really wish her sister to be saved by Musashi
Old 2012-08-29, 03:52   Link #34
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I've always wondered, how did they come up with those Acronyms ?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-08-29 at 04:45.
Old 2012-08-29, 04:20   Link #35
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
The Samurai guy.... no fighting...

*sleeps again...
Old 2012-08-29, 05:02   Link #36
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

when Toshiie summoned that thousands of dead soldiers

I'm surprised that there is no joke or at least reaction from Christopher Hatton
Old 2012-08-29, 05:04   Link #37
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
when Toshiie summoned that thousands of dead soldiers

I'm surprised that there is no joke or at least reaction from Christopher Hatton
Funny.. when these two clashes against each other... It'll be a bloodless battle...

Anyway...Freebies

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-08-29 at 07:51.
Old 2012-08-29, 07:52   Link #38
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I've always wondered, how did they come up with those Acronyms ?
P.A. ODA represents Persia, Arabia, and the Oda feudal clan. The M in their academy, P.A.M., means "madrasah", the standard educational institution in Islamic countries.

I don't know what the M in M.H.R.R. means, but H.R.R. means "Heiliges Romisches Reich", "Holy Roman Empire" in German.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-08-29, 08:08   Link #39
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

It stands for Momoyama.

As in Azuchi-Momoyama period of the Sengoku Jidai

The name comes from the Momoyama Castle of Toyotomi Hideyoshi (M.H.R.R are the Hashiba faction of Hideyoshi)
Old 2012-08-29, 08:27   Link #40
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Okay, I'll try to commit all that to memory this time
Closed Thread