AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-25, 16:50   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Aquarion EVOL - Character Discussion - Mikono

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Mikono related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Aquarion EVOL fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.
  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
    • Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-03-25 at 17:04.
Old 2012-03-26, 08:15   Link #2
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Ore wa... ore wa... Mikono dai-SUKI!!!

She is cute. She is sexy. She is shy. She is my dream girl!!!
Old 2012-03-26, 08:23   Link #3
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Well. I like the way they handled her development.

From a socially inept twat, to a gentle girl breaking out of her shell.

She's still got ways to go admittedly.

I for one, would like to see her interact with other characters for extended periods without having Amata as a social crutch.

... can we talk about shushu here?
Old 2012-03-27, 05:56   Link #4
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

^ I think that since Shushu is a part of Mikono in a way, it's safe.

I have to say that Mikono is a lot better off than most first time characters in mecha. For one, she knows how to pilot the vector even though she's never been taught. Which is a large plot hole... Even though she has flaws and notices them, she still shows concern for her friends and comrades, even some enemies. She has a large heart and a gentle soul, but that doesn't mean she isn't feisty at times. She's cute but sexy. She's the only female character I really like in the show besides Sazanka and Yunoha (since Zessica came in 5th by now).
Old 2012-03-27, 13:51   Link #5
queenSwild

Mikono is my favorite character.

I like how she tries her best to change and improve herself. She's actually developed quite a bit. Remember when she was that annoying girl who could only sit on Amata lap and cry in the first episode? And now she's piloting like a pro. :P. I hope she gets to pilot the head soon. Although she's still pretty negative, I really liked her little pep talk to Amata last episode. It really showed her improvement.
Old 2012-03-27, 14:03   Link #6
Thess

Mikono's nice. She's not overtly tsundere, even if she is a little and has developed a little from her I am useless stage, which I appreciate a lot. Her relationship with Amata is cute.

I think her major problem is how overshadowed she is by other female characters. Even Yunoha, who is/was er invisible, has more of a strong presence than her. She's quirky but not enough to stand out beyond her pet, no matter how much screentime she's given. I hope Kawamori and the scriptwriter fixes this somehow: tone up her charisma.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-03-28, 04:20   Link #7
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

I feel like Mikono's development got kind of stuck cause she's been sticking around with Amata for the past few episodes.

They should really get her to interact with the rest of the cast (Like Cayanne. Her brother. He needs the sisterly love), because there's nothing much for her to do around Amata except blushing, stammering and getting lovey dovey.

(Yes, I'm aware they talk about other things too. I'm just generalizing for simplicity's sake.)
Old 2012-03-28, 05:23   Link #8
kuromitsu

Mikono is one of my favorite characters so far - she's cute, she's nice, she's sweet and did I mention she's really cute? ^^;; I love how she is timid and shy, but she's actually trying hard to come out of her shell. She's come a long way since ep1, and obviously she still has room for more development but even that is a positive sign.

As for being overshadowed by other characters and lack of interaction with characters other than Amata - I can only blame the writing for that, but I'm sure that she'll get more spotlight in the second half. (I just hope it'll be handed with care.)
Old 2012-03-29, 03:02   Link #9
Misslaly

A nice character, I really like her not just because she reminds me of Ranka but because...well yeah she reminds me of Ranka hahahaha anyway love her eventhough I can't still decide between her and Zessica to be my 2nd but my first is Sazanka.
Old 2012-03-29, 04:17   Link #10
Zuul

Mikono is pretty bland, yet I rate her higher than Amata because the author actually gave her negative personnality traits and don't hesitate to present her in a negative light when due.

her interactions with Amata are extremelly dull and corny, but she has shown some chemistry with Zessica and I have liked the few times we've seen them interacting.

I would also like to see her speaking to her own bro. Seriously.

So it would be good if the authors could be less shippy and deliver interesting things about her (like interacting characters she has actual chemistry with *cough Zessica cough*) instead of just the romantic stuff with Amata.

And I still hold hope for her pulling a betrayal. it would make her epic in my books.

BTW Mikono is NOT shy.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-03-29 at 04:47.
Old 2012-04-01, 21:07   Link #11
Vena
Carpe Diem

I must say, I really liked this Mikono.

Spoiler for Ep. 14. Mikono:

Happy Birthday!
Old 2012-04-03, 08:30   Link #12
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
What I like most about Mikono is how well-rounded she is.

There's no one character trait, or common set of character traits, that define her. She has a full range of emotions, and she's capable of being everything from really nice to very spiteful to considerably weak to surprisingly strong to just normal to shy to outspoken.

She has slight tsundere elements to her, but she also has a certain classic moe feel to her that I find more commonplace in more soft-spoken girls and genki girls than tsunderes. With this in mind, her character design is great.

All-told, I think she works really well as the female lead of the show, and the focus of much of the romantic drama and overarching conflicts.
Old 2012-04-08, 08:39   Link #13
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingturkey View Post
Well. I like the way they handled her development.

From a socially inept twat, to a gentle girl breaking out of her shell.

She's still got ways to go admittedly.

I for one, would like to see her interact with other characters for extended periods without having Amata as a social crutch.

... can we talk about shushu here?

I for one think mikono interacts with the other characters just fine, even if most of her screen time is with Amata. Doesn't mean we should see less of them together. I am a mikono x amata shipper since the beginning and frankly even though I dont ship zessica x amata I dont go calling her an attention seeking twat in the zessica character forum, the comment you made about mikono was really unnecessary.
Old 2012-04-08, 10:01   Link #14
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
I for one think mikono interacts with the other characters just fine, even if most of her screen time is with Amata. Doesn't mean we should see less of them together. I am a mikono x amata shipper since the beginning and frankly even though I dont ship zessica x amata I dont go calling her an attention seeking twat in the zessica character forum, the comment you made about mikono was really unnecessary.
It's not an unnecessary comment at all.

I think many of us are actually a bit frustrated about Mikono not interacting with anyone but Amata. Not even Cayenne.
Old 2012-04-08, 10:29   Link #15
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
It's not an unnecessary comment at all.

I think many of us are actually a bit frustrated about Mikono not interacting with anyone but Amata. Not even Cayenne.
And not interacting with the people you want her to interact with makes her a twat how exactly? (Btw she just spent ep 14 interacting mostly with Yunoha and Fudou, so... :P Somehow I think that's not the main problem here. :P)
Old 2012-04-08, 10:31   Link #16
queenSwild

Except that she does interact with people, I don't really see where you guys are coming from, should I give some examples?

About the siblings, Mikono and Cayenne didn't seem very close from the get-go. You guys seem to forget that he's probably one of the causes of her low self-esteem by keeping her from going outside. He also spent most of episode 1/2 yelling at her when she did. They had a rather negative relationship. :/

They were probably closer when they were kids and he used to protect her all the time, but when Cayenne went to Neo DEAVA, it created a huge rift between them from both ends. She still feels that he had abandoned her, and as seen from episode 6, he chose his duties as an element over Mikono. :/ I'm sure they'll have their time soon since Mikono still needs to get over a abandonment issues though.

I also think that calling her a "socially inept twat" was an unnecessary comment btw. :/

Last edited by queenSwild; 2012-04-08 at 11:04.
Old 2012-04-11, 00:03   Link #17
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, Mikono has certainly been interacting with more of the cast lately. Especially Yunoha. It was nice to see Mikono care so much about Yunoha and her well-being.
Old 2012-04-11, 00:37   Link #18
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, Mikono has certainly been interacting with more of the cast lately. Especially Yunoha. It was nice to see Mikono care so much about Yunoha and her well-being.
Yeah, I makes me worry about how strained her relationships with everyone will get after she protected Kagura after all he did to them.
Old 2012-04-11, 00:48   Link #19
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Yeah, I makes me worry about how strained her relationships with everyone will get after she protected Kagura after all he did to them.
How many people actually saw what happened ? If the four of them keep quiet the others wont have to know about it.
Old 2012-04-11, 00:56   Link #20
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
How many people actually saw what happened ? If the four of them keep quiet the others wont have to know about it.
Yunoha and Amata, the two closest to her, saw though and those 2 would probably be hit the worst by this. Yunoha doesn't know the flower petal was from Mikage. She's more likely to blame Kagura for the death of Jin. And Mikono just protected him.

Tags
characters