Originally Posted by disland View Post
everything in this show bounces
Why, my dear, yes they do.
Old 2009-04-20, 23:51   Link #243
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
Quote:
Right, and that comment soooo needed a serious reply.
XDDD

Ep 3 was awesome! I knew this show would be a hit, and as usual, I called it.
-pats back-

I love how this show keeps surprising me! It sets you up to think you know where it's going and who each character is and then kicks you in the butt with something totally different.
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 04:26   Link #244
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
That was my exact thought. I thought she was going to be a bubbly and air-headed character...
lol. we are getting curves from everywhere. Nobody expected iceman to be such a psycho and Sela to be so obcessed with having a kid. I was also so amazed at how she dropped Dan so quick. I would call her fickle. I bet as soon as Dan does something incredible that moves her, she is going to switch back to Dan.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 04:43   Link #245
ZODDGUTS

Having a kid with Dan would be a bad choice considering he seems mentally unstable and losses he's temper easily.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 07:08   Link #246
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

And Iceman is such a mature individual, eh?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 07:16   Link #247
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
And Iceman is such a mature individual, eh?
i place dan and Iceman in the same maturity level. The difference between them is that Dan doesn't care of appearances while Iceman does. Actually, Iceman is kind of embarrassing with the "Destroiiiiiiiiiii" thing.
Old 2009-04-21, 07:32   Link #248
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
i place dan and Iceman in the same maturity level. The difference between them is that Dan doesn't care of appearances while Iceman does. Actually, Iceman is kind of embarrassing with the "Destroiiiiiiiiiii" thing.
Nah, Iceman is more mature than Dan. Iceman has more basketball skills that's why Sela wants his genes. Iceman and Dan basically feel the same way about basketball. They want to destroy anything that desecrates it. Dan with Bigfoot basketball and now Iceman with Streetball. As soon as Sela sees a better player, she'll do it all over again with the next guy.
Old 2009-04-21, 07:42   Link #249
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Nah, Iceman is more mature than Dan.
Really? That's why he goes all "Destroyyyyyyy" and stuff? Very mature, eh?

Old 2009-04-21, 07:47   Link #250
orion

Quote:
Really? That's why he goes all "Destroyyyyyyy" and stuff? Very mature, eh?

Everybody has stuff that ticks them off. I explained the rationale in the post above. Overall Iceman is more mature imo. The way he carries himself is an indicator. Just don't mention "streetball".

Once he's convinced that Streetball does not desecrate basketball, he'll calm down.

Last edited by orion; 2009-04-21 at 15:27. Reason: sorry for the typo
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 08:07   Link #251
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Overall Dan is more mature imo.
I quite agree.

No, really, I don't think people who hide their inner feelings to the point of losing their cool like that could be considered anything like mature, myself.

Old 2009-04-21, 08:42   Link #252
animeboy12

man, I'm glad that people here are taking the fanservice well. The some people over at the ANN forum are acting like someone took a dump in their cereal. Man, you can have an anime with a plot as absurd as gaint mechs that play basketball with a complete disregard of the laws of physics, but the moment you give a character breast one cup size too big, people get riled up.

Any, I enjoyed episode 3 but I'm not liking how the series 1st establish Dan as a complete badass only to nerf him in the 2nd and 3rd episode. Does he really deserve his title?
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 08:44   Link #253
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

He was never a badass. It's always been implied that he couldn't play basketball very well and that his sister was the true sports genius.

Now, there's no telling he couldn't develop into a real legend, but he was never really one, to begin with.

Old 2009-04-21, 08:48   Link #254
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
man, I'm glad that people here are taking the fanservice well. The some people over at the ANN forum are acting like someone took a dump in their cereal. Man, you can have an anime with a plot as absurd as gaint mechs that play basketball with a complete disregard of the laws of physics, but the moment you give a character breast one cup size too big, people get riled up.

Any, I enjoyed episode 3 but I'm not liking how the series 1st establish Dan as a complete badass only to nerf him in the 2nd and 3rd episode. Does he really deserve his title?
It happens! I remember the big controversy when Gainax augmented yoko's breast for two reasons. she was wearing her new uniform and to give a reason for Kittan to like her more.
If you look in episode 2, they did the same thing with Miyuki's breast when she was running.
Old 2009-04-21, 13:31   Link #255
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Well, this epi was for Iceman, but... xDD Destroy, destroy, destroy was really funny
Sela is a true M, and the princess "I feel an evil aura" made me laugh so much and remember me something lol
Dan instead, after lose against sela and iceman at the end put a good fight, so i wait the next epi
Old 2009-04-21, 15:26   Link #256
orion

Quote:
I quite agree.

No, really, I don't think people who hide their inner feelings to the point of losing their cool like that could be considered anything like mature, myself.
That was an unfortunate typo. I meant to say Iceman is more mature. So sorry. A lot of mature people lose their cool. Iceman just carries himself differently. They both have immature qualities but the less immature is with Iceman. Just don't mention "streetball".

Quote:
He was never a badass. It's always been implied that he couldn't play basketball very well and that his sister was the true sports genius.

Now, there's no telling he couldn't develop into a real legend, but he was never really one, to begin with.
I agree. Dan was hot air carrying a grudge/guilt trip about his sister getting injured by a Bigfoot. He got trumped by Iceman and landed in jail and then Sela stepped all over him. He only became a legend by chance not by skill.

Oh, I must see what that forum is saying....
Edit: Went here. Not enough drama. Some people have a prob with Miyuki's assets now going to have a problem with Haruka's assets. Get a load of this review that was a link from the ANN thread. You'd think that Sela's orgasms and sperm request would have generated more talk than Miyuki's assets. Oh well...

Last edited by orion; 2009-04-21 at 16:08.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 17:25   Link #257
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
Dan JD is more mature. Mature people tend to care less about how other people see them.

"Acting cool" is very high school. Iceman is a hothead who "acts" cool.
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 17:31   Link #258
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
Dan JD is more mature. Mature people tend to care less about how other people see them.

"Acting cool" is very high school. Iceman is a hothead who "acts" cool.
But he carries himself mature and 18 is prob his age. Dan is acting like your prototypical shonen protag. It's not really called "mature". If he was mature, he'd be practicing instead of thinking 'he's all that" when he ain't.
Old 2009-04-21, 17:33   Link #259
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

My thoughts exactly, Keiichi_chan. Oh well, let's see how the story plays out - I'd even hazard a guess and say not a single one of the characters we've seen so far is exactly "mature".
Okay, maybe that "Lunar Bust" chick.

Oh, and orion, I don't think real age has any intrinsic relevance towards maturity, myself.

Old 2009-04-21, 17:42   Link #260
orion

Quote:
My thoughts exactly, Keiichi_chan. Oh well, let's see how the story plays out - I'd even hazard a guess and say not a single one of the characters we've seen so far is exactly "mature".
Okay, maybe that "Lunar Bust" chick.

Oh, and orion, I don't think real age has any intrinsic relevance towards maturity, myself.
Well being anime, some younger characters with more responsibilities can act more mature, like the Princess. However, age and maturity are usually related. Saying no to Sela definitely gives Iceman points in the maturity area. You guys are letting one obsession distort your impressions but forgave Dan for the same thing.

Haruka is an adult and prob does act mature given her line of work.

Tags
basketball, mecha, shounen