AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-03-23, 22:01   Link #8541
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Honestly I'll be pretty upset if from now on Tigre checks each girl off his 'to bed' list. I get that the idea is that he's like the first king who had all the Vanadises as his wives, but the one he loves is Ellen and he should only be faithful to her. I'd lose all respect for him if he became a Makoto tier man-slut.
1. He has been shown to have feelings for the other Vanadis, he even stated that Liza was as important as Ellen was to him.

2. In the era he lives in, the nobility take multiple wives, if he marries Ellen than he would have to as she can not produce a legitimate heir.

3. If he becomes King he has to marry all of them otherwise he is playing favorites and that would disrupt the balance of power among the Vanadis.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-23, 23:32   Link #8542
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
1. He has been shown to have feelings for the other Vanadis, he even stated that Liza was as important as Ellen was to him.

2. In the era he lives in, the nobility take multiple wives, if he marries Ellen than he would have to as she can not produce a legitimate heir.

3. If he becomes King he has to marry all of them otherwise he is playing favorites and that would disrupt the balance of power among the Vanadis.
He will anyway and later it will become daily trouble with his girls XD

Sofy will be more likely goes on offense for Tigre while the others need to be more fueled up before they make their move.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 07:57   Link #8543
kizrock94

It would be so great if Setsuna works on 2 volume 13 & 14 like he is doing right now with Asterisk
kizrock94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 08:12   Link #8544
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
You talk as if Tigre has no feelings for any of the other Vanadises, and the act of sleeping with them would be simply because he's horny.

Seriously, you have to take note of both the culture and era the people in the novel live in. Tigre will have to take other wives in the future, it was already stated. What's the problem if he decides to marry the women he loves then?

Heck, practically everyone has multiple wives in Madan no Ou, and the novel is tagged as harem. Therefore, I truly don't see where your complains come from. It was set to be that way from the beginning. ..

PS: Don't you dare compare Makoto that piece of shit with Tigre.
This. I agree completely with this.

Also, 00-Raiser, like Ophis said, this story is based off a tale about a king with seven queens. The Black King and the Seven Queens. So the very premises of this story are such that Tigre has to marry not only all seven Vanadis and become their leader and King, but also has to take in the other girls who love him as his concubines/wives, which also includes Regin, Titta and Lim.

And yeah, this series is set in the Slavic era. Back then, polygamy was completely okay for nobility and royalty. Tigre is going to be a King by the end of the series. So if you're going to be upset if Tigre takes in multiple wives, drop this series now.

@Ramero: Yep.
Old 2016-03-24, 09:46   Link #8545
GLDarkLord

A true harem King has many women not because he was driven by lust but he truly loves his women equally. So people shouldn't compare Tigre to a person who was driven by lust and slept with multiple women.
True love is not bound to one couple. If a man loves multiple women equally and women are ok to share him with each other then it can be also called true love.
GLDarkLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 10:22   Link #8546
archoel

Spoiler:

Last edited by archoel; 2016-03-24 at 10:49.
archoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 11:01   Link #8547
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Tigre is going to be a King by the end of the series. So if you're going to be upset if Tigre takes in multiple wives, drop this series now.
I'll get over it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLDarkLord View Post
True love is not bound to one couple. If a man loves multiple women equally and women are ok to share him with each other then it can be also called true love.
Ignoring if it's actually possible to love multiple people equally or not, it's pretty clear that Tigre loves Ellen most of all. He cares for the others, certainly, but I've seen little to suggest he has any serious romantic feelings for them. They've gotten him horny, yeah, but physical attraction is not the same as love.

Even if the society he lives in is okay with polygamy, Tigre just hasn't been characterized as the kind of person who'd be okay with that sort of development. He turns down going to a brothel, doesn't give into his urges in tempting situations, and when Ellen suggests he marry Lim and have Titta as a mistress he was clearly not very invested in the conversation. He knows he'll be forced to marry at some point, but given the choice he wants to be with Ellen.

At any rate, Ellen and Tigre's mutual feelings had been bottled up for 13 volumes because politics until they finally couldn't take it anymore and laid everything bare (in several ways). Whatever happens between Tigre and the other girls is going to feel cheap by comparison.
Old 2016-03-24, 11:12   Link #8548
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, but given the series' premises, him marrying all seven Vanadis as King of Zhcted (and maybe also Brune, after merging them into one somehow) because what this series is meant to be about. Just look at the title and the title of the old Slavic tale it's based on. Also, he does Elen, and all of the other Vanadis will also have fallen for him before the series is over, but the main reason he's going to have to marry them all and Regin and going to be political rather than fully romantic. As King, he'll have to marry them all in political marriages. And I don't think he has a choice.
Old 2016-03-24, 11:20   Link #8549
KnightShade

Quote:
Yeah, but given the series' premises, him marrying all seven Vanadis as King of Zhcted (and maybe also Brune, after merging them into one somehow) because what this series is meant to be about. Just look at the title and the title of the old Slavic tale it's based on. Also, he does Elen, and all of the other Vanadis will also have fallen for him before the series is over, but the main reason he's going to have to marry them all and Regin and going to be political rather than fully romantic. As King, he'll have to marry them all in political marriages. And I don't think he has a choice.
all this and it's cannon that he values liza just as much as ellen and has growing affection for the others. to say they will feel cheap by comparison is simply selective bias and ignoring facts to suit one's narrative. just because ellen got first swing at tigre's manhood isn't enough to negate that.

to be precise, it would be proper to refer to ellen as his first love.
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 11:30   Link #8550
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by archoel View Post
Spoiler:
Hey, thanks for the picture. I wonder where is the other 4 illustrations then?
Old 2016-03-24, 11:48   Link #8551
archoel

Spoiler:
archoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 11:58   Link #8552
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
I've never heard of such a tale.

But if it's all written well such an outcome could be acceptable. Unfortunately there have been a lot of light novels recently that shit the bed with their endings so I'm trying not to get my hopes up.
Old 2016-03-24, 11:59   Link #8553
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Oh dear, Ellen is just so NNNNGGGGG in the first non-colour illustration

Hmmm... I wonder what kind of personal admission could Mila be expressing to Sophie?
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 12:02   Link #8554
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Breaker 2.0 View Post

Hmmm... I wonder what kind of personal admission could Mila be expressing to Sophie?
She looks feel refreshed after "first night" with Tigre

Makes me wonder too, i wonder if its about Tigre?
Old 2016-03-24, 13:50   Link #8555
GLDarkLord

Quote:
Ignoring if it's actually possible to love multiple people equally or not, it's pretty clear that Tigre loves Ellen most of all. He cares for the others, certainly, but I've seen little to suggest he has any serious romantic feelings for them. They've gotten him horny, yeah, but physical attraction is not the same as love.

Even if the society he lives in is okay with polygamy, Tigre just hasn't been characterized as the kind of person who'd be okay with that sort of development. He turns down going to a brothel, doesn't give into his urges in tempting situations, and when Ellen suggests he marry Lim and have Titta as a mistress he was clearly not very invested in the conversation. He knows he'll be forced to marry at some point, but given the choice he wants to be with Ellen.

At any rate, Ellen and Tigre's mutual feelings had been bottled up for 13 volumes because politics until they finally couldn't take it anymore and laid everything bare (in several ways). Whatever happens between Tigre and the other girls is going to feel cheap by comparison.
Why should it be cheap if a romantic development will happen to the other girls. The story did not focus entirely on Tigre and Ellen development. Actually the other girls have some fair amount of development with Tigre, until vol 13 came along and gave Ellen a huge lead. But it is very sure the other girl will have their own moment with Tigre and have some equal footing with Ellen .
Honestly though, this not like the fake harem in SAO who focus all the romance kirito and asuna throughout whole volumes. For Sure u will feel a cheap feeling if suddenly kirito harbour a special feelings to other girls. Because for sure I will feel the same too, but it is not the same case with Madan.

Also on the reason why he is not invested about marrying the other girls when Ellen suggested it. As a typical benevolent and dense harem MC, Tigre Doesn't know that lim and titta have special feeling for him and because of that he doesn't want to force them to marry him out of Ellen suggestion. Basically he is very considerate about the girls own feeling thus he doesn't have interest on force marriage if the other two doesn't like the idea. Sad for lim and titta because is Tigre dense.
GLDarkLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 14:38   Link #8556
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Actually, Tigre isn't that dense. If it's obvious enough, he'll notice. He noticed Elen's feelings just fine. Although Lim loves him, she's too much of a tsundere at first, and he thinks of Titta as only his little sister right now so whether or not he knows she loves him doesn't really matter at the moment.

And 00-Raiser, you should probably go read what's written about Madan in its Social Group on this site.
Old 2016-03-24, 15:14   Link #8557
akim36

Send a message via AIM to akim36 Send a message via Yahoo to akim36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Breaker 2.0 View Post

Sophie: "i did him before u did"

i wanna know what made Lizas expression lol hope we get to see dere dere Liza here
akim36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 15:56   Link #8558
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Lisa's already been dere dere towards Tigre ever since his time in Lebus as Urz. I'm pretty sure she does live Tigre as Tigre, and that he knows that.

And come on; even as a joke, you can't say that Sophie did Tigre before Elen did. His first time with Elen was the first of his entire life. We know that.
Old 2016-03-24, 22:05   Link #8559
saw2097

Quote:
I'll get over it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Wrong on all accounts:

Its been established that he does have feelings for the others, he all but admitted love for Liza, has a long history with Titta, referred to Lim as a important person, showed a attraction to the other Vanadis.

Just because Tigre doesn't run around screaming how much he loves them like other harem MC doesn't mean he doesn't love them, contrary to an apparently popular belief Ellen is not the only love interest in this story she is simply his first one, Tigre has been falling in love with the other Vanadis and even Ellen has noticed it which is why she keeps getting jealous. His history with Titta is even longer and can be argued as far stronger as she is one of the least physical of his love interests yet she will go as far if not further than any of them would for him.

Ellen barely interacted with Tigre in arc 2, it focused mostly on his relationship with the other Vanadis.

He has admitted that a harem is probably necessary and in that time period it was pretty common place for a person of nobility or royalty to have a harem.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 23:59   Link #8560
kizrock94

How long do you think before the summary of the whole volume is out?
kizrock94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)