Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-10-08, 01:42   Link #22461
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Speaking of Robot Damashii´s: Anyone getting the Full Action Version of Unicorn D-Mode? From what I´ve seen, the figure is extremely articulated.
I might get it just for the pink beam sabers.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 02:17   Link #22462
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Speaking of Robot Damashii´s: Anyone getting the Full Action Version of Unicorn D-Mode? From what I´ve seen, the figure is extremely articulated.
im might getting as below reason also

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I might get it just for the pink beam sabers.
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 02:29   Link #22463
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
I don't have Destiny, Strike Freedom, or Wing Zero. But I do have F91 and the Unicorn D-Mode, among many others.

They're great figures. But Arios....ugh I just don't know what Bandai did wrong, but the RD Arios Gundam is lame as hell. The only reason I got it was to have a complete collection of the 00 Gundams. I definitely wouldn't of made it my first.
Well, RD figures are generally hard to find here (and VERY expensive, if found in stores) in Singapore. Plus I got one cheap (half the price of the HG 1/144 kit), and I want one to replace my HG 1/144 one that broke. It's okay after my cousin repairing it, but still. Collecting it next week. What are your complaints, anyway?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 08:10   Link #22464
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Well, RD figures are generally hard to find here (and VERY expensive, if found in stores) in Singapore. Plus I got one cheap (half the price of the HG 1/144 kit), and I want one to replace my HG 1/144 one that broke. It's okay after my cousin repairing it, but still. Collecting it next week. What are your complaints, anyway?

i usually got frm ebay or frm forum . only wing zero custom i got it frm a shop as retail pricing is crazy.....
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 14:09   Link #22465
Appel

hm... at a local store i have found polystyrene plates, the material that many modelers use for scratch builing andfor adding more details to their models. they have them in many sizes and they arent that expensive...
that kinda gave me the idea to pick up scratchbuiling myself. but i have virtually no tallent and no idea what i should be doing with it. maybe i could build some custom weapons with it? i dont know^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 15:15   Link #22466
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Well, my main complaints come from the arms. The flaps for the sub machine guns are a bitch to open. Then there's the shoulder wings, they get in the way of the arms movement. Also, the front shirt armor that is used for the flight mode comes off easily.

You said you got it cheap though? That's ok then, some people are charging like 50 bucks for it.
Old 2011-10-08, 19:18   Link #22467
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Well, my main complaints come from the arms. The flaps for the sub machine guns are a bitch to open. Then there's the shoulder wings, they get in the way of the arms movement. Also, the front shirt armor that is used for the flight mode comes off easily.

You said you got it cheap though? That's ok then, some people are charging like 50 bucks for it.
I got mine at 17 bucks SGD. Also - front shirt armour? Are you talking about the part of the torso that turns when transforming?
Old 2011-10-08, 19:32   Link #22468
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Nah I'm talking about the long orange piece that short of looks like...a penis for the mobile suit. In flight mode, it folds up behind the legs acting as a tail fin. That's the piece I'm talking about, it barely stays on.

I had to glue mine.
Old 2011-10-08, 19:38   Link #22469
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Nah I'm talking about the long orange piece that short of looks like...a penis for the mobile suit. In flight mode, it folds up behind the legs acting as a tail fin. That's the piece I'm talking about, it barely stays on.

I had to glue mine.
Oh, right. The crotch fin. I'll try fixing mine with some clear nail polish I guess. Also, from what I've seen from reviews, the right arm pops off real easily. Thanks for the heads-up anyway.
Old 2011-10-09, 00:35   Link #22470
pumpkins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5onXbZsCQ

wow, the colour separation of the AG looks pretty good. the construction is also very different from the seed/00 FGs. totally no articulation other than the head and shoulder though.

i like the way the eyes were molded with no need for stickers! its at 06:44 in the video!
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 19:40   Link #22471
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

After seeing the Gafran in action i'm sold, i'm definitely picking a kit up.
Old 2011-10-09, 20:49   Link #22472
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yes, Gafran in action is super cool, but the HG is...not so much. I don't mind if they'll make it into MG though.
Old 2011-10-09, 20:51   Link #22473
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yes, Gafran in action is super cool, but the HG is...not so much. I don't mind if they'll make it into MG though.
I'd much rather wait for a MG AGE-1 Gundam.
Old 2011-10-09, 21:36   Link #22474
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
hm... at a local store i have found polystyrene plates, the material that many modelers use for scratch builing andfor adding more details to their models. they have them in many sizes and they arent that expensive...
that kinda gave me the idea to pick up scratchbuiling myself. but i have virtually no tallent and no idea what i should be doing with it. maybe i could build some custom weapons with it? i dont know^^
Cut up different shapes and angles that fit on your armor pieces to add detail to plain surfaces.. Then of course paint and stuff is involved.. but it pays off in the end.
Old 2011-10-10, 04:31   Link #22475
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
Cut up different shapes and angles that fit on your armor pieces to add detail to plain surfaces.. Then of course paint and stuff is involved.. but it pays off in the end.
yeah thats what i thought, too^^ i have seen some photos on gundam-eclipse, looked pretty nice!

also, the new HD re-releases of the HG SEED kits will get some special effect parts as it seems!
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/1...enewed_09.html

like the strike gets a wooshing effect for the wings, the duel some missiles shooting from its shoulder pot and the ginn can... explode XD
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Fh5ocUaHG6...XQ/s1600/1.jpg
Old 2011-10-10, 05:01   Link #22476
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Those effects are pretty cool except for Aile's whoosing and Buster's smoke. Seriously, that Buster's cannon looks like smoking-cigarette with that effect part!

EDIT: The effect parts for Blitz's Gleipnir and Aegis' hydra blast are excellent though. Those are my favorites so far. can't wait to see the final product. I hope Aile & Buster's effects will be better than the illustration.
Old 2011-10-10, 05:24   Link #22477
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

guys need some advice on how to neatly remove excess paint, which I accidentally applied on

helps and tips are greatly appreciated
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 06:31   Link #22478
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
guys need some advice on how to neatly remove excess paint, which I accidentally applied on

helps and tips are greatly appreciated
you could dip a toothpick into a thinner (nailpolish remover or a commercial thinner for acrylic paints, lighter fluid for enamel paints and so on) and scrape it off with that. that way you also dont apply enough thinner to damage the plastic.
Old 2011-10-10, 06:45   Link #22479
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
and the ginn can... explode XD
Don't diss that effect part. This might be actually the best of the lot since almost all HG kits share the same concept in waist joints.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 06:49   Link #22480
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Don't diss that effect part. This might be actually the best of the lot since almost all HG kits share the same concept in waist joints.
yeah and you can probably use it for some pretty cool diorama poses!
but still... every other kit in the line has an effect part to make it look more awesome but the ginn just explodes^^ for some reason i find that highly amusing!

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy