AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 00:24   Link #9001
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, after reading the chapter, I think that Yukino has been a spy for Arcadios or someone else from the military from the beginning - after all, let's face it, any rational Stellar Spirit Mage wouldn't willingly want to give up two of the Golden Eclipse Zodiac keys to someone that they barely knew.

Not to mention the fact that she seemed to know about the Eclipse Gate, which is pretty suspicious, in my opinion, since I doubt rumor's about that Gate would be circling around so openly - after all, I don't think that Arcadios would want to accidentally reveal the Gate's existence, since it's definitely some form of Forbidden Magic's (since, opening it, apparently requires a human sacrifice) that are banned by the Magic Council.
If that was the case, Arcadios wouldn't have been surprised that she was a Stellar Spirit Wizard.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 01:01   Link #9002
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
If that was the case, Arcadios wouldn't have been surprised that she was a Stellar Spirit Wizard.
Unless it's another Retcon that Mashima did, after all according to the volume 32 drafts he was already planing to make someone a spy for Arcadios, and while the drafts have said that it's supposed to be someone from Raven Tail, he might have changed his mind about it, and made Yukino the spy - which might be the reason why Arcadios reaction to Yukino being a Stellar Spirit mage, doesn't make sense, if she actually is a spy for him.

We will see, what actually is the case here, when the future chapters are going to be released, but it's not like a Retcon hasn't happened in this manga before.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 01:04   Link #9003
immblueversion

You know, this chapter probably contains one of my favorite guild party scenes in the manga thus far. I mean, there are just so many adorable scenes crammed in there: if you look closely enough, you can see Erza cuddling with Asuka! :3

Also, it seems Hiro snuck Kinana into one of those panels, as well as a mini NaLi moment where Natsu gives Lisanna a ride on the barrel surfboard. BTW, I'm shocked Natsu didn't even get a trace of motion sickness when he rode on that board. (The anime seems to have made good on the warning that Natsu would develop an immunity to Wendy's Troia spell after getting it used on him so many times, but I must wonder if it's temporary.)

That said, it's always these big group shots in the series, the ones with so much going on in the background in so little space, that makes me love Fairy Tail so much. It just drives home how they're like one huge family.

Quote:
Unless it's another Retcon that Mashima did, after all according to the volume 32 drafts he was already planing to make someone a spy for Arcadios, and while the drafts have said that it's supposed to be someone from Raven Tail, he might have changed his mind about it, and made Yukino the spy - which might be the reason why Arcadios reaction to Yukino being a Stellar Spirit mage, doesn't make sense, if she actually is a spy for him.

We will see, what actually is the case here, when the future chapters are going to be released, but it's not like a Retcon hasn't happened in this manga before.
If he still plans on using Raven Tail (which I have no doubt in), the most obvious choice for a spy would be Flare. She's the perfect red herring!

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 01:13   Link #9004
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by longguilol View Post
Elfman x Evergreen

It's canon now, isn't it?
I'm pretty sure it is
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 01:32   Link #9005
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
It feels like they are trying to set the mood for something terrible happening, like Lucy dies (or appears to), but we know Mashima won't do that.
I wouldn't be so sure of that...
Quote:
there are just so many adorable scenes crammed in there
Macao drinking while...checking out Kana from below?
Quote:
It's canon now, isn't it?
I believe Mashima has used enough panels to call it canon by now.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 01:46   Link #9006
Krono

Quote:

I really don't know where that comes from, as nothing I can see in the drafts says he had an Arcadios spy planned for Raven Tail.
Old 2012-07-07, 02:24   Link #9007
Chris38

Except for Jellal, just how many "deaths" have occurred when it comes to people, who are on the good side...

Since, if I'm not mistaken not a single person from Fairy Tail has had an on screen death yet, and I don't think that Mashima is going to change that, especially when it comes to one of the main female characters of this manga.

In my opinion, whatever is going to happen to Lucy in the current arc, is going to have a similar magnitude as the reveal about Ellie in Rave Master, and just like Ellie survived her Reveal, Lucy is going to survive the Reveal that Mashima is planing to do in the current arc, as well.

At least that's my opinion on this matter.

@Krono

I base my speculation on this post:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-07, 02:36   Link #9008
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
not a single person from Fairy Tail has had an on screen death yet
Old man Rob died...and obviously, Mavis is dead already :P
Old 2012-07-07, 02:44   Link #9009
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Old man Rob died...and obviously, Mavis is dead already :P
Well, that's true, but Old man Rob hasn't been a major character to begin with...

About Mavis, well I have some doubts about her, actually being dead, since do you really think she would be capable of crying like that, if she has just been a spirit (then again, this is a manga, where weird things aren't that uncommon ).
Old 2012-07-07, 05:17   Link #9010
classic

I dont like the last chapter. Too many people who shouldn`t see each other miraculously gathered together. It is too "artificial" even for this manga. Can`t Mashima come up with better ways of developing this part of the plot?
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 11:37   Link #9011
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Well, that's true, but Old man Rob hasn't been a major character to begin with...

About Mavis, well I have some doubts about her, actually being dead, since do you really think she would be capable of crying like that, if she has just been a spirit (then again, this is a manga, where weird things aren't that uncommon ).
You mean that Mavis acts more like she's sealed instead of dead? Kinda got that feeling too with how 'normal' she acts. The bathroom bit and the crying as well. But then again, her adorable faces just makes me forget all of that other stuff...

If Jellal disappears (for good), I'd be the happiest man. Go guard another girl's 'resting place' for 50+ years...
Old 2012-07-07, 21:39   Link #9012
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I just couldn't help but go moe for the crying First.
Old 2012-07-08, 04:31   Link #9013
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
I dont like the last chapter. Too many people who shouldn`t see each other miraculously gathered together. It is too "artificial" even for this manga. Can`t Mashima come up with better ways of developing this part of the plot?
It's a tournament. It's not the first time it's held, though it's the first time we see it. So I'd say it's pretty normal to have a lot of people together.
Old 2012-07-08, 11:46   Link #9014
classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
It's a tournament. It's not the first time it's held, though it's the first time we see it. So I'd say it's pretty normal to have a lot of people together.
I am not saying that streets should be empty. It is even harder to fing each other in a crowdy place. It was critical moment for Jelall when Mest was chasing him. And when Mest took his mask down it was so freaking unfortunate for Laharl being nearby. Fail! But this is not over yet. Milliana and Kagura - those who want to kill him the most saw him as well. Double fail!
The same as met teacher and than mother in the supermarket if you are skipping school.
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 12:13   Link #9015
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Ok, I see your point now.

Jelly getting discovered wasn't such a big deal since police-dude knew he shouldn't be in this world and knew who was participating.

That said, everyone else patrolling was indeed pretty awkward like you say. Well I guess part of it can be explained as there being a long staring and "aw shit" moment in which time the other people made their way to the commotion. Since they weren't half a city away its feasible, I guess. It would have probably been better presented if the whole thing wasn't going on in a relatively enclosed space.
Old 2012-07-08, 12:44   Link #9016
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, when someone acts all hurried in a crowd and someone else stops him, they tend to attract the gaze of the crowd.
Old 2012-07-08, 13:23   Link #9017
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
Too many people who shouldn't see each other miraculously gathered together? How exactly is it miraculous? They aren't all running around in different parts of the city, they're leaving the stadium. The stadium which has one direction to exit that puts people closest to the city, and is thus likely to receive the most traffic.

The mysterious power's source, Laharl and his troops, Yajima, and Mermaid Heel were all doing the same thing. They had no more business at the stadium that day, so they went to exit the stadium on the side closest to the city. If you actively stand in the flow of traffic like Jellal and Mest were doing, you'll attract attention, and meet a bunch of people who would otherwise be passing through several minutes behind you.

Quote:
Except for Jellal, just how many "deaths" have occurred when it comes to people, who are on the good side...
Simon, and that's about it.

Quote:
@Krono

I base my speculation on this post:

Spoiler:
Yes, I know you're basing your speculation on that. I'm explicitly saying it's wrong.

Here is the katakana for Raven Tail: レイヴンテイル

Here is the full sized image of the draft notes:

http://i.imgur.com/E0uEB.jpg

I've highlighted all mentions of Raven Tail (abbreviated as Raven) in yellow, and the only mention of Arcadios in red.

The mentions of Raven Tail, from left to right, are: placement in the day 1 game, "raven girl" aka Flare, vs Lucy, end of day one score, Gajeel, Mira, and Juvia vs Raven, and Raven in a circle with an arrow going to "mysterious magic power", the name of the stadium above it, some illegible scratched out text below it, Crime Sorceire in a circle with an arrow pointing to mysterious magic power below that.

The only mention of Arcadios is below a bubble about the castle, some text about the king, and has most of the sentence illegibly scratched out.

Furthermore, contrary to that text's claims they would participate, Ultear, and Meredy's names appear nowhere on the pages.
Old 2012-07-08, 14:06   Link #9018
GundamFan

Glad to see things progressing between Elfman and Evergreen.

Also it looks like Sting was justed shocked by Natsu using 2 elements hopefully we'll get to see what he can do soon and I'm hopefully his 2 kind of DS magic gives him 2 elements and he can do some sort of multielement spell not just adding an element to his DS magic.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 14:21   Link #9019
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Glad to see things progressing between Elfman and Evergreen.
Doubt we'll see anything more then this unless we get some sort of time skip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Also it looks like Sting was justed shocked by Natsu using 2 elements hopefully we'll get to see what he can do soon and I'm hopefully his 2 kind of DS magic gives him 2 elements and he can do some sort of multielement spell not just adding an element to his DS magic.
What 2 elements?
Old 2012-07-08, 14:31   Link #9020
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Lightning fire, however much sense that makes.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen