AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-12-08, 02:35   Link #1
Liquidus
╞╩╗

Final Fantasy XV

Check out the trailer, very reminiscent of Deep Dive since it's from the same team. Looks very nice so far.

Here
Liquidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 02:54   Link #2
Lebron
I hear voices

Yea I posted that earlier in the PS3 thread. Didn't know if I wanted to make a new thread, since the game is still a ways off from being released, earliest would be in middle to late '08. But I still see it having a '09 release, judging by since by the time of TGS they were around 1.9% complete, lol. Not to mention right now FF13 is the main focus.

OK with all that out of the way, I really can't wait for this game. I actually am looking more forward to it than FF13. I really like the KH series, so it having the same team working on it just makes me happy.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 03:19   Link #3
Liquidus
╞╩╗

Didn't see that, though I did do a search before I made the thread. Searched "Final Fantasy XII Versus" and "Final Fantasy 13 Versus" so I didn't catch your post. Well, I guess this way, more people will be able to see it .
Old 2006-12-08, 03:26   Link #4
Lebron
I hear voices

Its ok, my posts all get ignored, anyway.

Anywhoo, there really isn't much to say about the game. Since SE hasn't really released any info on it, yet. All I know is that its not a prequel or sequel to FF13, they both just happen to take place in the same universe, but they will both be 2 different games. Also that it should be action based, like the KH series.

Last edited by Lebron; 2006-12-08 at 03:38.
Old 2006-12-08, 10:21   Link #5
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

wow....hadn't seen the trailer, just screenshots. Though it's obviously CG, the screenshot just didn't do it justice. can't wait the however many years until it releases...
Old 2006-12-08, 12:47   Link #6
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Someone want to explain to me exactly why two FFXIII's are being developed?
I don't quite understand.

Not that it's bad news, at all.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 12:59   Link #7
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence. View Post
Someone want to explain to me exactly why two FFXIII's are being developed?
I don't quite understand.

Not that it's bad news, at all.
Well, FFXIII is going to be a "normal" RPG, FFXIII Versus is going to be an action RPG.

Square Enix wants to sell more, I belive. A lot of FF fans are probably going to buy both versions.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 13:41   Link #8
Papaya
Sup

But they are completely separate games, no?
I just find it interesting that they've announced both under the same moniker.

Wonder if there'll be connections between them.
Old 2006-12-08, 13:44   Link #9
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan View Post
Square Enix wants to sell more, I belive. A lot of FF fans are probably going to buy both versions.
Well, yeah - it helps them get a better return on their investment. It takes a ton of money to develop all those game assets at the level of quality/detail they're going for, so being able to use all those assets in two games instead of just one helps them recoup their investment (assuming, as you said, a lot of fans will buy both, which is pretty likely)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 14:01   Link #10
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence. View Post
But they are completely separate games, no?
I just find it interesting that they've announced both under the same moniker.

Wonder if there'll be connections between them.
I've read that the stories for the two games are supposed to be interwoven somehow.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 16:18   Link #11
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
According to developers of the game, the game is not a sequel nor a prequel to other Final Fantasy XIII entries, but a wholly independent story unfolding with different characters and different visual designs. According to Square-Enix, they all take place in the same universe, but aren't related to each other directly.
I don't know why they made 3 different versions of 13. But eh, thats seems to be the thing with SE lately. FF7 has the movie, plus 2 other spin off games. FF10 had 1 sequel, FF12 has RW coming on the DS, then now you have 3 versions of 13. I guess the best answer would be to make a greater profit. I just feel that it kind of seems like they are just milking the FF franchise. They know people will buy it, because its an FF game, so they just keep'um coming. Iono, thats just how I feel. I know alot may disagree with me.

Owell, I can't wait for Vs 13, anyway. Not cause its an FF, but more so due to the talent behind the game. It has the teams that worked on KH and the AC movie, so I have faith in them. I don't mind waiting till '08-09 if the game will be awesome. This will just have to be my KH3, since they aren't starting on that game anytime soon.
Old 2006-12-09, 07:08   Link #12
Shakugan no Shana
Zoroastrian

The only thing that makes Final Fantasy XIII & Final Fantasy Versus XIII Connected/Related is the Crystals, thats it. The Crystal is what gives you "powers, magic, strenght, etc." http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/ They are not on the same place, world, galaxy.

About the CGI thing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Engine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_F...13#Development
One of the main aspects of the engine is that it allows photo-realistic CGI to be rendered in real-time. It also handles advanced audio processing, cinematic cut-scene transition, physics effects calculations and special effects rendering. The White Engine reportedly uses 4 of the 6 synergistic processing elements (SPEs) available to games, of the Cell processor, to achieve near-pre-rendered CGI quality in realtime.
Shakugan no Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 07:26   Link #13
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
It seems as though we'll have to wait a bit to see anything real time from Versus. "Things like real time footage and specifics on areas like the battle system will come once the White Engine is complete," explained Nomura. "We're currently working hard on the development of [the White Engine], and once it's done, we'll have to research what can be done with it. Of course, we do have an idea of what we'd like to do."

The White Engine, it should be noted, isn't just something being made for Final Fantasy XIII. Square Enix will go through many versions of the White Engine over time, according to Nomura, with different games being developed using different versions of the tools. "It's sort of like FFXIII is there as a target. FF Versus XIII will also use the White Engine, and it will be tuned for FF Versus XIII."
Full article here, http://ps3.ign.com/articles/744/744822p1.html

Can't wait till they can get to the point to show real-time. After seeing what Mistwalker was able to do with the switch from Real-time to CGI, meaning making it really unnoticeable, can't wait to see what FF vs 13 will look and play like.
Old 2006-12-09, 16:14   Link #14
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

4 of 6 parts of the cell processor? That's impressive. I didn't think programmers would be able to utilize much of the PS3's power for at least a year. I know this isn't due for a while, but that explains perfectly why the FFXIII (not versus) in-game stuff looked so magnificent.
Old 2006-12-09, 16:46   Link #15
Papaya
Sup

Wow, awesome news.
I hadn't heard of Agito XIII until now, either.

It's really getting interesting.
Old 2006-12-09, 19:18   Link #16
Liquidus
╞╩╗

Wonder what kind of cell phone is needed to play Final Fantasy XIII: Agito. Depending on how it looks, it could be pretty fun to have FF on the go. Supposedly it's to be multiplayer/online, but I wouldn't buy a NEW phone just to play it... maybe.

I would think that FXIII: Versus would look comparable FFXIII since it uses the "White Engine" which the FFXIII trailer was run on. Hopefully as Square gets further into development, they'll use the last two SPE's and make it look even better =3.

~Maybe someday they'll make another entry into the Chrono Trigger/Cross series. I'm still upset over the "Chrono Break" fiasco TT_TT.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Liquidus; 2006-12-09 at 19:29.
Old 2006-12-09, 19:30   Link #17
Lebron
I hear voices

wasn't there also an FF7 cell phone game that was supposed to come out, or be coming out?
Old 2006-12-09, 19:38   Link #18
Liquidus
╞╩╗

Yeah, Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis.
Old 2006-12-09, 19:45   Link #19
Lebron
I hear voices

Yea your right, they also have the FF7: Dirge Of Cerberus game coming out on cell phones, aswell. Actually I think that one is already out
Old 2006-12-09, 19:49   Link #20
Liquidus
╞╩╗

Yeah, Dirge Of Cerberus came out already, but it's not for the cell phone, it's for the PS2.