AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-06-20, 16:34   Link #5461
lovetospoon73

do u guys think that 1 of the reasons why ichika hasn't gottten stronger is becuse he's TOO NICE, & mostly the girls & chifuyu are the blame for most of it too?

Last edited by lovetospoon73; 2015-06-20 at 20:08.
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 20:09   Link #5462
lovetospoon73

do u guys think that byakushiki could get some upgrades, that will make it look like a badass
Old 2015-06-21, 09:43   Link #5463
genryu_black

byakushiki should be already deadly machine with the null energy ability, yet many scene rarely show that ability and a massive energy consumption.

so no i think byakushiki shouldn't get more upgrade, just ichika to have more backbone
genryu_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 11:31   Link #5464
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by genryu_black View Post
byakushiki should be already deadly machine with the null energy ability, yet many scene rarely show that ability and a massive energy consumption.

so no i think byakushiki shouldn't get more upgrade, just ichika to have more backbone
Please rewatch the anime and reread the LN.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 15:32   Link #5465
lovetospoon73

i wonder if later in the series byakushiki becomes "byakushiki raitaro"
Old 2015-06-23, 05:31   Link #5466
tuckersister

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Isn't Squall an android?
Huh! This is news to me.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 06:06   Link #5467
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Squall is a cyborg not android

Learn the difference
Old 2015-06-23, 10:25   Link #5468
lovetospoon73

android is a robot made to resemble a human, but the problem with androids they burn out TOO quickly, a cyborg is a human with limbs that are machines
Old 2015-06-25, 19:53   Link #5469
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Squall is a cyborg not android

Learn the difference
Yea, my bad.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 04:54   Link #5470
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Squall Meusel is a Kaizou Ningen! God, that opens up a lot of old-school Kamen Rider jokes...

...and I'm surprised Izuru hasn't made any such jokes about it yet.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 05:04   Link #5471
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Squall Meusel is a Kaizou Ningen! God, that opens up a lot of old-school Kamen Rider jokes...

...and I'm surprised Izuru hasn't made any such jokes about it yet.
This is Izuru we are talking about here.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 08:38   Link #5472
soursolutionpromo

Finally made an account after reading this whole thread. Hopefully I will learn something new being here.

Anyway, I was wondering how the series would've turned out if the author wrote a political-oriented story. I can think of many politically-oriented storylines and themes that might have worked. For example, sexism would make for a rather interesting storyline and the first thing that came to mind when I picked up this series. On the note of sexism, how do you think the female student body would react to a pilotically incorrect male student (i.e. a sexist boy)?
soursolutionpromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 10:25   Link #5473
lovetospoon73

ichika not like that, plus i'm seasing the girls like him more than chifuyu, because she scared them
Old 2015-06-26, 21:15   Link #5474
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by soursolutionpromo View Post
Finally made an account after reading this whole thread. Hopefully I will learn something new being here.

Anyway, I was wondering how the series would've turned out if the author wrote a political-oriented story. I can think of many politically-oriented storylines and themes that might have worked. For example, sexism would make for a rather interesting storyline and the first thing that came to mind when I picked up this series. On the note of sexism, how do you think the female student body would react to a pilotically incorrect male student (i.e. a sexist boy)?
He'll get bullied, a whole fucking lot.

Make no mistake, girls are fucking brutal, and girls in I.S. academy even more so, they would try to kill each other on a whim and the teachers will only intervene in the worst case scenario, and they get a way with slap on the wrist at best.

Adding the blatant double standard with male victim doesn't help at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
ichika not like that, plus i'm seasing the girls like him more than chifuyu, because she scared them
Why are you assuming he talks about Ichika?

Really, your obsession with Ichika as example is disconcerting.
Old 2015-06-26, 22:29   Link #5475
lovetospoon73

U called obsession, I called curiosity
Old 2015-06-26, 23:04   Link #5476
soursolutionpromo

Quote:
He'll get bullied, a whole fucking lot.

Make no mistake, girls are fucking brutal, and girls in I.S. academy even more so, they would try to kill each other on a whim and the teachers will only intervene in the worst case scenario, and they get a way with slap on the wrist at best.
Perhaps. However, that would depend on the personality and ability of said male. I doubt they would be able to physically abuse a person of reasonable physical capability, or a confident person. Also, isn't only the main cast of girls abusive? Someone unrelated to Ichika probably wouldn't interest them at all.

Just wanted to see if I could demonstrate an example of someone who wouldn't have the girls fawning all over him. Alternatively, an extreme pervert could possibly achieve a similar effect.
Old 2015-06-27, 08:05   Link #5477
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Perhaps. However, that would depend on the personality and ability of said male. I doubt they would be able to physically abuse a person of reasonable physical capability, or a confident person. Also, isn't only the main cast of girls abusive? Someone unrelated to Ichika probably wouldn't interest them at all.

Just wanted to see if I could demonstrate an example of someone who wouldn't have the girls fawning all over him. Alternatively, an extreme pervert could possibly achieve a similar effect.
Also that said male, happens to be their conscious & sunshine
Old 2015-06-27, 09:26   Link #5478
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Perhaps. However, that would depend on the personality and ability of said male. I doubt they would be able to physically abuse a person of reasonable physical capability, or a confident person.
You HAVE no idea.

An asshole like him won't have an ally in the school, the girls have free reign to torment him, whether though soft approach or outright threat.

Try reading Prison School.
Quote:
Also, isn't only the main cast of girls abusive? Someone unrelated to Ichika probably wouldn't interest them at all.
No, I'm referring to the fight between Laura, Cecilia and Lingyin. Ichika is a pretense, not reason.

The same would work for pretty much everyone in I.S.A.
Quote:
Just wanted to see if I could demonstrate an example of someone who wouldn't have the girls fawning all over him.
Alternatively, an extreme pervert could possibly achieve a similar effect.
Unfortunately, I.S.A. girls are VERY desperate.

Unless he's an asshole and/or a molester, someone bound to fancy him eventually. And sometimes even then.

You think women fawn for Twilight and Fifty shades for the lulz?
Old 2015-06-27, 09:29   Link #5479
lovetospoon73

Quote:
You HAVE no idea.

An asshole like him won't have an ally in the school, the girls have free reign to torment him, whether though soft approach or outright threat.

No, I'm referring to the fight between Laura, Cecilia and Lingyin. Ichika is a pretense, not reason.

Unless he's an asshole and/or a molester, someone bound to fancy him eventually. And sometimes even then.

luckly ichicka is neither a asshole or molester, because he's TOO clueless
Old 2015-06-27, 09:55   Link #5480
soursolutionpromo

Quote:
You HAVE no idea.

I wasn't thinking as extreme as molester, rather to the extent of voyeurism. Though, as you mentioned, the girls are pretty desperate for interaction with the opposite gender, a voyeur wouldn't be enough.

The boys in Prison School seem pretty soft though. A reasonably assertive or cold person may be able to repel the girls entirely. He could also just attract a different type of interest though, one of the more masochistic kind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
luckly ichicka is neither a asshole or molester, because he's TOO clueless
I actually think his harem building capabilities are underappreciated. Probably has something to do with me thinking of jerk-type characters. Not like anyone who chose to watch a mecha series does so for fanservice harem though. On the note fanservice, it's pretty ironic that fanservice in this show repels fans.

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen