AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2011-11-29, 21:07   Link #3241
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So? I still laugh at the ending of Endless Eight. It is so over the top (with heroic style classical music as well) it comes off great.

While I was bored of the repeating story, I amused myself looking at the differences, and there are a lot of those. The activities and dialogue migth be almost exactly the same (when the activity was presented) but the style and clothing is different each time. The mood is even different between the different versions.

It is also a rediculous thing to talk about to people who don't watch the show. It proves to be a funny thing to talk about.
Old 2011-11-29, 21:08   Link #3242
ijuinkun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
As a fan of the franchise, I would love for them to just tell us when we ought to expect more Haruhi, but Kadokawa and Kyoto Animation have always been secretive and have told half-truths and outright lies in the past so I don't expect that to change.
For all we know they could be playing mind games with us--for example, claiming later that there's no third season because the one that they are working on is actually the second season since they previously declared the 2009 stuff to be an addendum to the first season.
ijuinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 21:42   Link #3243
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
To ensure everyone is on the same page, here is the article that prompted the ANN one. It basically details that the events in June prompted many fans to "wish" for a third season (which was not fulfilled) and that the second one was aired three years after the first one. It then details about Hirano's tweets and the uproar they caused. But the important parts are at the end.

Quote:
平野さんの所属事務所グリック(grick)に問い合わせてみたところ、平野さんのツイッターでの発言が「 ハルヒ」の3期だと騒がれていることは知っているが

「担当者が不在のため、平野のツイッターに関して分かる者がおりません」

ということだった。
"We reached out to Hirano-san's agency (Grick) to see if her tweets were talking about the much sought-after third season of Haruhi. We received a response saying 'Due to the absence of our representative, there is no one that can comment on Hirano's tweets.'"

The article immediately follows that statement and ends the article with this:
Quote:
角川書店の担当者に話を聞いてみたが、取材に応えることはできない、としたうえで、「ハルヒ」の3期を放送 する予定はない、ということだった。
"When we contacted a representative from Kadokawa Shouten, they could not comment on the subject. They did say that there are no plans to broadcasting a third season of Haruhi."

No direct quote, but it is a summery of someone's statements. Make of that what you will.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 01:06   Link #3244
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Before any more chicken littles get their feathers ruffled, I get the impression that right now there are no plans, but in the future, who knows?
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 01:08   Link #3245
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuinkun View Post
For all we know they could be playing mind games with us--for example, claiming later that there's no third season because the one that they are working on is actually the second season since they previously declared the 2009 stuff to be an addendum to the first season.

That would be a cheeky way to get around that statement.
Old 2011-11-30, 01:39   Link #3246
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
I'm fairly certain Haruhi 2009 was announced as a rerun. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 01:57   Link #3247
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
I'm fairly certain Haruhi 2009 was announced as a rerun. Correct me if I'm wrong.
It was. Instead, it was an insult.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 02:30   Link #3248
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well if you look at it that way you can't be disappointed if they do nothing.

There is only up from the bottom after all.
Old 2011-11-30, 12:14   Link #3249
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Unless you puncture the hull... Then you're screwed.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 12:33   Link #3250
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well if you look at it that way you can't be disappointed if they do nothing.

There is only up from the bottom after all.
Well, a big draw of this series for me is the characters. I don't care what they do, as long as I get to see them doing something. Yeah, it sucks hugely when the plots turn out to be dull (Sighs) or rehashes (E8), but that doesn't mean I wouldn't watch another season if they made one. I might be disappointed by it, sure. But until that happens, I'd be excited and looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
While I was bored of the repeating story, I amused myself looking at the differences, and there are a lot of those. The activities and dialogue migth be almost exactly the same (when the activity was presented) but the style and clothing is different each time. The mood is even different between the different versions.
I would say that's a warning sign right there. If you have to actively find ways to amuse yourself while watching a COMEDY series (or, more generally, actively find ways to engage yourself in what you're watching), it's time to put it back on the shelf.

Last edited by Gamer_2k4; 2011-12-01 at 10:57.
Gamer_2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 17:56   Link #3251
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
What only interest me in the both the anime and the movie is the "romantic link" between Kyon and Haruhi.

Actually, I was happy on what Kyon's reactions in the movie..."Ah, I can't move, I need....her... talk to her...!"
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 21:56   Link #3252
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well there will be more of that in later seasons as well, one can imagine.
Old 2011-12-01, 02:34   Link #3253
ijuinkun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
The article immediately follows that statement and ends the article with this:

"When we contacted a representative from Kadokawa Shouten, they could not comment on the subject. They did say that there are no plans to broadcasting a third season of Haruhi."
There are no plans to broadcast it, but perhaps it will go direct-to-DVD?
Old 2011-12-01, 06:02   Link #3254
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuinkun View Post
There are no plans to broadcast it, but perhaps it will go direct-to-DVD?
Or possibly a theatrical version of the Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya and direct-to-BD OVAs of "Charmed At First Sight LOVER", "Snowy Mountain Syndrome" and "Where Did The Cat Go" since Japanese Otaku primarily collect Blu-Ray these days. Of course, if they are going that route, I pray for an OVA of "Rainy Day" so my longing for animated Sasaki is granted.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 13:32   Link #3255
Asterend93

After using multiple translation engines and reading some translations of the statements, it seems to me that the part with kadokawa staing what they are doing about a 3rd haruhi season is that "was not scheduled for 3 season of the series" Remember what mr. T said before the disappearance? That it wont always be the "melancholy". I think we are being seriously trolled, or they are making it but havn't decided when it will be broadcasted. Or they could be straight out lying. Aya most likley has a NDA and cant say anything aobut her new project. And If KyoAni went ahead and said oh yeah we are making/planning on broadcasting HS3 then her whole cover is blown and I would guess that would cause a lot of trouble. Hell maybe KyoAni is the one who had her sign the NDA and now they are trying to wave off the media. Either way, Haruhi will continue as an anime, either in OVA, another movie, or another season. it's only a matter of time. My guess, is spring 2012. That would be 3 years after the 2009 season 2/season 1 rebroadcast with new episodes. and 6 years after season 1. If not anything by Spring 2012 at least an announcement. Maybe we will get some special news on the 18th of December? Or one of the special days that are talked about during TDOHS. You never know. As for me, I won't abandon ship. For me, haruhi-ism will always exist, with or without the anime.
Asterend93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 21:20   Link #3256
ijuinkun

I would not be surprised if the new season/series would be titled "The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya", since we are expecting that it will cover the stories up to the end of "Intrigues" ("Snow Mountain Syndrome" and "The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina" being pretty much required for the plot and thus unskippable). I would anticipate an episode plan something like:

1: Love at First Sight
2-3: Snow Mountain Syndrome
4: Where Did the Cat Go?
5: Intrigues (Prologue)
6: The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina
7-12: Intrigues (Main)
13-14: ??? (extra story?)
Old 2011-12-11, 12:00   Link #3257
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

You could pretty much fold Where Did the Cat Go into the second half of Snow Mountain, giving you with a balance like:

1: Charmed at First Sight Lover
2: Snow Mountain Syndrome I
3: Snow Mountain Syndrome II/Where Did the Cat Go?
4: Intrigues I
5: The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina
6-11: Intrigues II-VII
12-13: Editor-in-Chief: Straight Up!
14: Wandering Shadow

I think they'd have trouble fitting the trilogy into one season as it is, so I'd rather see them put Vol 8 in the next season.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 12:54   Link #3258
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Unless they decided to match the 28 episodes of the combined 2006 and 2009 seasons in one go (which is pretty much what they have done with each series since then). Or maybe slightly less with 26 episodes and pair of OVAs.
Old 2011-12-11, 16:33   Link #3259
Solachinx
is a myth

Like other people have stated on here, I think they meant "We don't have any plans to air Haruhi S3 within the next year or so" not "We don't have plans to air it ever." With the money that KyoAni and Kadokawa made from Disappearance, they'd be thick not to.

As for splitting it up, it'd probably be a 14 episode cour, unless they feel antzy and do two cours to help get rid of Indignation and Disassociation (I feel like if they wanted to knock Surprise out, they'd need three cours, but I think that's very unlikely. That, and I feel like they'd wait a bit for a Surprise cour, in case Tanigawa releases in between stories or something)
Old 2011-12-11, 23:15   Link #3260
ijuinkun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You could pretty much fold Where Did the Cat Go into the second half of Snow Mountain, giving you with a balance like:
I don't know--isn't Snow Mountain more pages than Lone Island? I would think it would take up two episodes by itself.

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen