AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black II OAD - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 33 36.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 37.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-01, 10:42   Link #21
Forever
Revealing the truth

1 episode trumps an entire season. And it has just started.

The second season was just a ploy to starve people of real DTB to force people to buy DVDs.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:01   Link #22
Mr. Anime

AWESOME !!!!
thats exactly how wanted the second season to be, no magical girl henshin, but hei and yin ^^
Old 2010-02-01, 11:21   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode was sooo good. I wish the second season could have been like this. It was good seeing Amber again even if it was just an illusion, loved her reply to Hei's question about her boyfriend : "He's probably having an illicit relationship with a young girl right now"

Ouch... I bet that made Hei feel a little bad

Looking at the preview for the next ep, it looks we will get a little explanation about Izanami, we see Yin inside the gate looking at a glowing golden thing which I assume was Izanami.
Old 2010-02-01, 13:50   Link #24
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
"He's probably having an illicit relationship with a young girl right now"
that was priceless. here's hoping yinxhei share a few more moments before dark yin takes control.
Old 2010-02-01, 15:18   Link #25
darktruth

Spoiler:
Old 2010-02-01, 15:36   Link #26
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Watches the episode a few hours ago and loved every moment of it! Hoping the other are just as good!
Old 2010-02-01, 16:08   Link #27
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

It's me or the ova is better than 2nd season lol

HeixYin was cute even though they didn't show some face emotions .

BUT what is WIN in this OVA , it's HEI , He blushed omg yes , he blushed !!!

This episode was great with action and strong bad guys .

Next ova seems promising .

PS : As usual , those people who rate 1 and don't comments why . They just are trying to strike down this show .
Old 2010-02-01, 16:32   Link #28
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Haven't watched it yet, but from the summary it sounds like 90% shipping, so I assume the 1's are from people who sail on a different ship
Old 2010-02-01, 16:34   Link #29
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Haven't watched it yet, but from the summary it sounds like 90% shipping, so I assume the 1's are from people who sail on a different ship
Don't worry. That guy mapplehurry rates 1 on every other series. I don't think anyone seriously considers the guy anymore.

I also haven't watched it yet. Planning to in a few hours.
Old 2010-02-01, 16:45   Link #30
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Trailer pretty much showed all the important parts of the first episode. Fun starts from the next episode, I guess.

Amber's look-a-like has a pretty powerful ability with minimal remuneration cost, totally imbalanced -_-.
Old 2010-02-01, 17:00   Link #31
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Kinda true . He just have to eat one flower's petal .
Old 2010-02-01, 17:52   Link #32
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Would be a totally different story if the flowers were rare and mildly poisonous though
Old 2010-02-01, 17:53   Link #33
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah indeed . Dunno what is this flower , someone know ?
Old 2010-02-01, 17:55   Link #34
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
that was priceless. here's hoping yinxhei share a few more moments before dark yin takes control.
There were enough moments in this first episode, so i'd be happy if we didn't see anymore after this point.

Still, China dress Yin. Oh how i can't wait.
Old 2010-02-01, 20:18   Link #35
Jerseykid

What did I just watch and how does it relate to everything I got done watching with Suou and Shion?
Old 2010-02-01, 20:23   Link #36
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
What did I just watch and how does it relate to everything I got done watching with Suou and Shion?
This comes after S1 and before Ryuusei no Gemini; it's basically showing how Yin got to be Izanami (a.k.a. evil) and what happened between Hei and her in the time gap. I suppose it doesn't really relate to the twins in any way. (And I don't know why, but that makes me glad.) It's just good old DTB with undivided attention for Hei and Yin.
Old 2010-02-01, 22:04   Link #37
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Yeah indeed . Dunno what is this flower , someone know ?
It looked a little like a hibiscus to me, reminded me of Hawaii anyway.
And was it just me or did Yin refer to her observer spirit almost as if it as a separate entity? I believe she said "She says it's safe here" or something to that extent, not "It's safe here," or even "I checked, it's safe" since Yin seems to have more of a sense of self than the first season. I can't remember exactly how Yin was acting at the end of S1 but it looks like the Gate did more to her than we realized (considering she was working with Hei for all of season one, ie a few months, but didn't show nearly as many changes I think this is more than "Hei has special powers" thing, screw what the other characters seem to think).
Old 2010-02-01, 23:32   Link #38
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Some people have already mentioned it but I'll say it again: This beats the so called "second" season of DtB; wait no, probably felt like a real second season to me. Electro Hei is back and taszing people twice as much than a 1st season episode, I'm glad we also get to see Amber but too bad she turned out to be another killer contractor. Probably we'll get answers once and for all about the missing plot holes the directors keep avoiding.
Old 2010-02-02, 01:08   Link #39
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
This is exactly what I expected the second season to be!
Pretty much....oh well this is a good enough substitute I suppose.

Lots of nice little moments and Hei being his old non-hobo self was enough for me...Hopefully the trend will continue!

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2010-02-02, 01:11   Link #40
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Just to show there is another point of view: this is great, but for me it is not better than the second season. I probably preferred the second season to the first, unlike most people.

In fact, though, this does combine some of the tone of the first season with the softer tone of the second.

I'm not so sure that Dark Yin/Izanami was (will be?) evil. She didn't kill Suou when she had the chance, but protected her from Noriomom. We don't really know what her motivations or intentions in season two were, do we? Or do we?

But we do see her gaining some jealous feelings in this episode: she grows by learning to feel emotions, but when you have emotions you have bad ones as well as good. It does seem as if the Gate -- or the Gate plus her own feelings -- have given her the power to turn contractors against themselves.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Closed Thread