AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-28, 05:14   Link #2981
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It's so strange... I am willing to grind for hours and hours if it means I can get a level up. In fact that's how I play RPGs every since I was in primary school. I am even willing to grind for rare drops if I know only one monster drop it once in a blue moon.

So why is it so hard for me to gold farm for any period of time? Seriously, I always thought of myself as a grinder, who likes repetitive tasks for a reward. But I never thought it would be so painful to pick up those gold coins after the first twenty minutes.

I am really struggling here. It just isn't enjoyable enough.
People do grow up? Much like you, I used to be able to grind non stop in videogames even during the pre-online multiplayer era where it's just a gaming masturbation.

Now, i just skip the grind and get to the meat of the game (usually story and gameplay mechanic) and once those are exhausted, i move onto different games.

For D3, I think the lack of character customization doesn't make people as attached to their character as D2 had. Though it does make the game content much more accessible than it's predecessor. Eventhough customization is an illusion when you play the game in a min/max manner, it's still a personal illusion that holds player to their character.
Old 2012-06-28, 05:24   Link #2982
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Honestly I don't even know what is there to compete. I just go to the game everyday, make some act 1 run and then try to process to see if I have enough strength for my characters or not, and then go back grinding. I don't see I'm playing differently compare to D2 or anything.
Old 2012-06-28, 07:06   Link #2983
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

@AH: I only buy weapons during my usual playthroughs and if there's something cheap on the "recommendation"-field (which doesn't always appear). One weapon upgrade brought through normal and double the damage (~1200) should last through nightmare; currently end of Act 3. But, I cannot be bothered to "play the AH".

@grind: I hate grinding as much as I hate bad endings in Visual Novels. The "level grind" in WoW and SWTOR was enjoyable due to how it was wrapped up, but anything beyond this aka gear grind? I didn't raid, pvp nor grind excessively for money because it didn't interest me at all.
Now on the other hand, I didn't mind boss runs in Diablo 2 once in a while because it was fun and hardly no frustrating getting-killed-moments and that with non-optimal equipment. That's why I grind as less as possible during my regular playthrough and wait with it for the last bits pre-inferno (because I'm a bad gamer). Let's see how long I'm able to motivate myself for the item hunt instead of quitting after the "normal game" is over (like I do with RPGs as optional bosses for example don't appeal to me, unless it's required for the best/better ending, etc).
Old 2012-06-28, 07:47   Link #2984
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I asked my friend to bring my level 15 Monk to Act 3 Normal, and just leave me alone there. Surprisingly, the normal playthrough becomes much more enjoyable due to tougher monster, and I always have some gears to look forward to in my inventory. They should let people choose the quest for all of their other characters once they clear it once or twice.
Old 2012-06-28, 10:10   Link #2985
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...06?page=23#451
I hope Blizzard do something with these idea's. Nice to see a blue post
Old 2012-06-28, 10:16   Link #2986
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...06?page=23#451
I hope Blizzard do something with these idea's. Nice to see a blue post
They need to do one thing. To get 1.4 out. So far, every patch can be perceived as designed to improve RMAH profitability, with gameplay sacrificed in exchange. This can be viewed this way because Blizzard has deliberately shifted all gameplay improvements to patch 1.4.

This means the impression in all these weeks is that gameplay is unimportant. And the lack of Blue posts on this matter is not helping.

If 1.4 doesn't deliver in offering more "fun", and instead just made changes that makes AH even more essential, then all hope would be lost and the battlenet forums collapsing.
Old 2012-06-28, 11:35   Link #2987
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5077...806-28_06_2012

Good stuff, I guess?
Old 2012-06-28, 12:39   Link #2988
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ugh, the road to hell (inferno) is paved with good intentions.

It's good that they're tweaking. Problem is why are the changes always so drastic? Don't double ilvl63 drops. That's like halving IAS all of a sudden. Try a 25-50% increase. I liked the way they patched Starcraft where small changes were made, but it led to huge differences.

They're trying to hammer a nail in with an anvil.

Personally, I think it would have been wiser to greatly buff 61-62 drops and maybe improve the affixes and ranges of those categories. That way, good loot is much more common but godly loot remains rare.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 13:37   Link #2989
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Inferno – Act II
iLvl 61: 18.6% to 23.3%
iLvl 62: 12.4% to 18.6%
iLvl 63: 4.1% to 9.3%
Inferno – Act III and Act IV
iLvl 61: 24.1% to 27.1%
iLvl 62: 16.1% to 21.7%
iLvl 63: 8.0% to 16.3%
This makes act 2 a even better farm. There is only a 7% difference from act 3 for ilvl63. 3.1% for ilvl 62 and 3.8% for ilvl61.

Each Act 3 elite pack consumes more than double the time. From a barb perspective trash is trivial as I usually skip those.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 14:27   Link #2990
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Ugh, the road to hell (inferno) is paved with good intentions.

It's good that they're tweaking. Problem is why are the changes always so drastic? Don't double ilvl63 drops. That's like halving IAS all of a sudden. Try a 25-50% increase. I liked the way they patched Starcraft where small changes were made, but it led to huge differences.

They're trying to hammer a nail in with an anvil.

Personally, I think it would have been wiser to greatly buff 61-62 drops and maybe improve the affixes and ranges of those categories. That way, good loot is much more common but godly loot remains rare.
It's a buff. They can hammer it all they want as far as I care. As long as the error margin is in the "I'm having fun" range and not in the "wtf, lv51 shit in act 3???" I'm fine with it.

SC2 is a esport, diablo 3 is a co-op/fun game.
Old 2012-06-28, 16:25   Link #2991
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

End of Act III Nightmare and feelingwise it seems that the mob density is much higher than in normal. Furthermore, teleport+molten is a stupid combination when they teleport so that you stand surrounded by the mobs in the path X_X. But, after three deaths (I said I'm no good player, right?), I somehow managed it. Just got stomped by Asmodeus and his stupid enlarging black-woobly fields. Maybe I should try to move away from them clock-wise/counter-clock wise or something like that.
Currently 10,000+ HP and around 1200 - 1400 damage. Except weapons + amulet, everything self-found.
Old 2012-06-28, 16:52   Link #2992
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
It's a buff. They can hammer it all they want as far as I care. As long as the error margin is in the "I'm having fun" range and not in the "wtf, lv51 shit in act 3???" I'm fine with it.

SC2 is a esport, diablo 3 is a co-op/fun game.
But then they run the risk of flooding too many items, and everything gets horrifically devalued sending us into the same spiral. That makes it not special either!

Anyhow, I will say that the guaranteed rare spam from elites is nice though. Also, I found a yellow from a weapon rack of ilvl 62. What? Just look at this from the last run with only base 40ish mf and some already sold, though I sure my happiness will be ruined by the time I right click on them.

Spoiler for but to let it last:

edit:fml

Well, mostly poop of course, but there's 2 humorous things. The weapon off the weapon rack where I'll just give away to anyone starting inferno (great stats but dps is shit), and a ring which I will sell for unreasonable prices as per every other ring on the AH.
Spoiler:

I think I should just fill my stash with unid'd items and id them when it fills up.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-06-28 at 17:07.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 17:07   Link #2993
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
End of Act III Nightmare and feelingwise it seems that the mob density is much higher than in normal. Furthermore, teleport+molten is a stupid combination when they teleport so that you stand surrounded by the mobs in the path X_X. But, after three deaths (I said I'm no good player, right?), I somehow managed it. Just got stomped by Asmodeus and his stupid enlarging black-woobly fields. Maybe I should try to move away from them clock-wise/counter-clock wise or something like that.
Currently 10,000+ HP and around 1200 - 1400 damage. Except weapons + amulet, everything self-found.
Meh, I wish elites only had teleport and molten.

Try Fire Chains Frozen Teleport Molten as a melee. Or even worse, replace teleport with Vortex, and you have a instagibber.

How about... Arcane Horde Nightmarish Molten.
kazillion mobs fear chaining you into arcane beams and molten trails, without you even getting to control your own character before dying.
Old 2012-06-29, 01:38   Link #2994
Azuma Denton
~AD~

For ranged worst matchup, it will be Arcane Descerator Mortar Fast
Let's see how you escaped from that...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 02:46   Link #2995
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Meh, I wish elites only had teleport and molten.

Try Fire Chains Frozen Teleport Molten as a melee. Or even worse, replace teleport with Vortex, and you have a instagibber.

How about... Arcane Horde Nightmarish Molten.
kazillion mobs fear chaining you into arcane beams and molten trails, without you even getting to control your own character before dying.
Nope, I'm not looking forward to Inferno's 4-affix mobs.
Anyway, done with Nightmare thanks to me being cheap. I bought a 800+ dps daibo (had just enought gold for it) and kicked the mobs' behind. Who cares if my life went from 14k to 12.8k
Old 2012-06-29, 03:13   Link #2996
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
For ranged worst matchup, it will be Arcane Descerator Mortar Fast
Let's see how you escaped from that...
Eh, no.

Arcane Enchanted is a non-issue unless you are trapped.
Desecrater is a non-issue unless you are trapped.
Mortar hurts but it is dodgable, at least most of them.

The worst are those that hurt your movement and positioning. I absolutely hate Vortex because it tends to pull you into the most dangerous area, often already filled with plague or molten pool. The second worse is Jailer because it is not preventable, followed closely by Fast and Waller.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 03:25   Link #2997
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I'm playing on Wiz, and I agree. Vortex is the scariest enchants for ranged, if there's no corners you can exploit.
Old 2012-06-29, 03:28   Link #2998
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I'm playing on Wiz, and I agree. Vortex is the scariest enchants for ranged, if there's no corners you can exploit.
I hate open large rooms for that reason. Not enough room to kite, and not enough walls to hide behind.
Old 2012-06-29, 03:29   Link #2999
Blaat

Most, if not all classes have a get out of jail ability, and all of them are usually must have abilities as well, except the Wizard one.

Anyway whatever which combination is annoying depends on the class really.
Old 2012-06-29, 04:47   Link #3000
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
It's honestly one of the easiest things to deal with as a Wizard. Teleport + Illusionist although that does eat up an active and passive skill.

I'll agree that Vortex with Molten can kill you pretty quickly depending on what mob it is though. My opinions of certain abilities may be skewed though, I out gear Inferno at this point.

Last edited by problemedchild; 2012-06-29 at 07:00.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler