AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-07, 03:41   Link #241
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I was pretty sure they wouldn't be erased when Haruna reassured him that they would be so it was ok to transform...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 03:44   Link #242
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
It's more a personal taste really. If they tried to make Ayumu more cool rather than a total laughing stock, I'd probably be able to like this show more than I currently do. Which isn't very much.

It's really difficult to enjoy a series when you're not really fond of any of the characters. I don't really care about any of the girls so Ayumu's the closest one to a character I actually have a liking for from this series, and yet that cross-dressing aspect when he fights completely ruins his character for me. It's a shame.
You are then apparently watching the wrong, expecting Ayumu to act cool (in a shounen sense)
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 03:53   Link #243
Kyouka
Is Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
You are then apparently watching the wrong, expecting Ayumu to act cool (in a shounen sense)
Hes more of a man/hero/sexy/zombie/cool guy/bro/awesome suace then that tool from DxD
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 04:50   Link #244
Malkuth
Banned

Hehe, indeed... Ayumu by the way is one of the few characters within the harem troupe that rightfully has a harem, since he has done more for the girls than they could have ever asked or will ever be able to return
Old 2012-04-07, 04:56   Link #245
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Hehe, indeed... Ayumu by the way is one of the few characters within the harem troupe that rightfully has a harem, since he has done more for the girls than they could have ever asked or will ever be able to return
This one makes me want to interact with the most badass male lead and his right harem.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 06:17   Link #246
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
It's more a personal taste really. If they tried to make Ayumu more cool rather than a total laughing stock, I'd probably be able to like this show more than I currently do. Which isn't very much.

It's really difficult to enjoy a series when you're not really fond of any of the characters. I don't really care about any of the girls so Ayumu's the closest one to a character I actually have a liking for from this series, and yet that cross-dressing aspect when he fights completely ruins his character for me. It's a shame.
Definitely personal taste. I think the cross dressing works well for this particular show simply because Ayumu is so terrible at it. He's just a guy in girls clothing, no trap or "there's no way that's a guy" stuff at all. I'm not sure this or many of the other jokes would work so well if he wasn't typically the straight man of the routine.

I do get that it would make some people uncomfortable, and that's fine, but personally I think the Ayumu breaks the usual male harem lead stereotype by the contradiction between his being caught in compromising (but hilarious) situations and his ability to get serious when it comes to doing good for his friends and family. I like his resolve.....even though I facepalm at his crossdressing.

By the way, the reaction of the class in this episode completely reminds me of Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, in the way they ignored the giant squid and magic but focused on the humiliation of a guy in drag.
Old 2012-04-07, 08:33   Link #247
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

i saw nene in op!!!!!
Old 2012-04-07, 13:12   Link #248
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Well it's not like I was looking forward to this show in the first place.

But even despite that, it can still be mildly entertaining. I probably wouldn't have even acknowledged this season if I completely detested the first one.

And on occasion Ayumu still does have his awesome moments, like that fight he had with the King of the Night in Season 1. I wish he would be that awesome all the time, but I know that's not going to happen.

Also just as an extra point of praise, I also like this series' unique concept on what a "zombie" is. I feel it's much more creative than those decomposing piles of flesh from apocalypse fiction.

Quote:
Uh from the looks of it, only one of the girls (Maelstrom) even shows any romantic interest towards him. (Though that has likely increased to two now because of the end of this recent episode. ) I know there was the scene with Haruna in the first season, but that didn't last very long and it hasn't been acknowledged since then.

I dunno. If you ask me, "harem" is a bit of a stretch at this point. But hey what do I know?

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2012-04-07 at 15:11.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 14:42   Link #249
Athena
The Power of One

If I venture more and go into the world of crazy theories (well, not that crazy), here's a possibility.

The reason why the author decides to have Ayumu cross-dressing as a magical girl would be that it's actually a critic to the stories who have "cool" protagonists swinging a sword and having special hidden techniques and stuffs like this. In order to break the idea that a great protagonist musts be cool and stuffs like that, the author made Ayumu wear crazy outfits (not a cool piece of armor), use a crazy weapon (not exactly the Excalibur-type of weapon) and such. At the same time, he wanted to show that you don't need to have a tsundere, big-mouthed, energic or Yamato Nadeshiko type of girl, but have a mute one. I mean, I don't think anyone here has a girl who doesn't talk as his perfect type of woman, right? (Unless you're married and you have a hard type supporting your wife, but that is another issue.

In this series, you have many absurd things that have a hidden sense to it, whether the creator wanted it or not. And believe me, Kore wa Zombie desu ka? won't be my favourite series if the main character was a dense dude with hidden powers in a cool outfit, if the main heroine was your average tsundere-who-came-out-from-nowhere, if Haruna was your adorable sister, if Sera was your Yamato Nadeshiko, if the enemies were all spiky-head bastards, and I can continue like this.

Phew, that was a huge crazy theory, but what I meant is that making Ayumu transform is part of what makes Kore wa Zombie what we know of it.
Old 2012-04-07, 17:02   Link #250
Midonin
Last Engage

Since Funi already licensed the first season, it's just been confirmed they'll be simulcasting this one. When, I don't know, but hopefully soon.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 17:03   Link #251
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I am still suffering from after effects of that last scene. ROFL moment of the week

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 20:10   Link #252
Lukeman1884

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
If I venture more and go into the world of crazy theories (well, not that crazy), here's a possibility.

The reason why the author decides to have Ayumu cross-dressing as a magical girl would be that it's actually a critic to the stories who have "cool" protagonists swinging a sword and having special hidden techniques and stuffs like this. In order to break the idea that a great protagonist musts be cool and stuffs like that, the author made Ayumu wear crazy outfits (not a cool piece of armor), use a crazy weapon (not exactly the Excalibur-type of weapon) and such. At the same time, he wanted to show that you don't need to have a tsundere, big-mouthed, energic or Yamato Nadeshiko type of girl, but have a mute one. I mean, I don't think anyone here has a girl who doesn't talk as his perfect type of woman, right? (Unless you're married and you have a hard type supporting your wife, but that is another issue.

In this series, you have many absurd things that have a hidden sense to it, whether the creator wanted it or not. And believe me, Kore wa Zombie desu ka? won't be my favourite series if the main character was a dense dude with hidden powers in a cool outfit, if the main heroine was your average tsundere-who-came-out-from-nowhere, if Haruna was your adorable sister, if Sera was your Yamato Nadeshiko, if the enemies were all spiky-head bastards, and I can continue like this.

Phew, that was a huge crazy theory, but what I meant is that making Ayumu transform is part of what makes Kore wa Zombie what we know of it.
I just thought that Ayumu's transformation was a satire of the magical girl trope.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 22:26   Link #253
Kyouka
Is Here

i watched the first episode 5 times now the only thing that bugs me is aderson is not in the OP
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 22:54   Link #254
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That was hilarious. Poor Ayumu.
Old 2012-04-07, 23:40   Link #255
Midonin
Last Engage

Aside from the mass of moving steel beams, the Megalo in the OP are a koala and a kangaroo. The theme is obvious. I know Australia is full of things out in the bush that want to kill you, but... not like that. Also, this makes me want to see a platypus Megalo. It's a semi-aquatic, egg-laying mammal of doom.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 00:23   Link #256
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Aside from the mass of moving steel beams, the Megalo in the OP are a koala and a kangaroo. The theme is obvious. I know Australia is full of things out in the bush that want to kill you, but... not like that. Also, this makes me want to see a platypus Megalo. It's a semi-aquatic, egg-laying mammal of doom.
Semi-aquatic, egg-laying mammal with venomous barbs. In fact, it is the only known venomous mammal in existence.
Old 2012-04-08, 01:12   Link #257
Malkuth
Banned

Some solenodons, shrews, and moles are also venomous. Echidnas are the other mammal that lays eggs.
Old 2012-04-08, 06:39   Link #258
asinspringrole

im soo confused right now......... :3
the anime is soo different to the manga
and the manga is like so much shorter...
im confused >.<
and can someone tell me wat day does a new episode comes out and what day a new chapter comes out as well....
AHHH PLEASEEEE!!! >.<
Old 2012-04-08, 06:50   Link #259
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by asinspringrole View Post
im soo confused right now......... :3
the anime is soo different to the manga
and the manga is like so much shorter...
im confused >.<
and can someone tell me wat day does a new episode comes out and what day a new chapter comes out as well....
AHHH PLEASEEEE!!! >.<
The manga is an adaptation. The original source is a series of novels. Can't help you with the manga releases.
The air date of most anime this season can be found in the link below.
http://countdown.mandragon.info/
Old 2012-04-08, 06:51   Link #260
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Why is the anime so obsessed with his ass? I really hate it when they keep panning to his ass.
The anime staff was included in my "everybody"

At least we got a shot of Haruna's ass to compensate this time. That said, I don't mind all this manservice all that much. I find the Masou Shojo transformation and all these Ayumu pantyshots hilarious. This is precisely what made the series stand apart from the rest of the Harem/action anime out there for me.

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen, zombies