Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-07-06, 17:16   Link #101
Syan48306
Forgotten Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Finished with series. It was fun ride, though as I predicted the Kaizaki can't pass exams gag did get tiresome later on.

Now it's time to delve into the manga.
The manga is in a good place right now. It clears up the ending of the TV show and is barreling towards some kind of progression. Hopefully
Syan48306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-07, 06:23   Link #102
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Should be a crime to make a series like this and then just end it .. We only progressed what, three months in the anime? I really liked the first episode so I kept watching more and more and whoops .. whole series done in the same day. Wasn't the best anime ever or anything but interesting and fun to watch regardless but I'm pretty annoyed at that ending .. if it can be called that.

As far as I know, the manga is right now at the Sept/oct mark so wouldn't there have been more material to make this a 24 episodes at least?

Or is this one of those animes that was created solely as a promo material for the manga so we will never see a continuation; I should read the manga?
Old 2016-07-12, 13:03   Link #103
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
You do realize the company was referred to as 'Black Company(whatever that is supposed to be)' several times by different chractets though though, right?

And what reason would a new company have to not believe the former employee? They themselves would know that no company in the world would admit that one of their workers comitted suicide inside the offices.
He is in fact more believable on this point than the company itself.

You also seem to underestimate to sit in a room where someone you knew died in.
From the POV of the recruiter, there are two possibilities. Arata's former company is indeed toxic, or the guy is some kind of asshole troublemaker. He has no real way of knowing which is right, but choosing to hire the guy is definitely more risky. If he hires him, that means maybe dealing with a troublemaker who you'll have to fire (depending on how protected workers are, not always an easy thing to do). If he passes on him, well, at worst that just means passing on a qualified candidate who happened to be unlucky, when there are plenty of other candidates just as qualified. Harsh, very harsh on Arata, but they're not running a charity.

And judging by how well Arata's doing academically in his relife, he's no prize. He's dumb, lazy or both.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-16, 16:47   Link #104
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Well this series was fun to watch. Really glad that I stopped being lazy and actually check this out. Never really expected that suicide stuff so I was kind of overwhelmed by it for awhile. Really like the characters' chemistry with each other. Looking forward to how Kaizaki and Chizuru will develop in the romance area but I guess I have to head for the manga for that. Welp.
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-16, 17:10   Link #105
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
From the POV of the recruiter, there are two possibilities. Arata's former company is indeed toxic, or the guy is some kind of asshole troublemaker. He has no real way of knowing which is right, but choosing to hire the guy is definitely more risky. If he hires him, that means maybe dealing with a troublemaker who you'll have to fire (depending on how protected workers are, not always an easy thing to do). If he passes on him, well, at worst that just means passing on a qualified candidate who happened to be unlucky, when there are plenty of other candidates just as qualified. Harsh, very harsh on Arata, but they're not running a charity.

And judging by how well Arata's doing academically in his relife, he's no prize. He's dumb, lazy or both.
Actually Arata referred to this himself; Namely when he said he can't believe he knew how to solve those problems in the past.
And in fact it has very little to do with being dumb, but more with not needing that stuff at all.

I used to have Bs and Cs in French - Only thing I kept from being at least remotely able to understand people is telling them that I don't speak french .

I'm a law student and yet, if you'd put me into a high school again I'd die in anything but english (which is fun because my native language is german )

Solving linear functions? Geometry? Why the heck would I remember something as useless as that? - The first thing that comes to my mind when seeing mathematical problems is 'Iudex non calculat'

Point is, brains automatically block out and erase unecessary information, and tons of what you learn in school is actually everything but necessary for your future life.
Once out of school most people will never really need anything but +/- the rest of their life; In some rare cases they may have to divide or multiply.
its really nothing you need unless when you are in a job where you require those skills - but then the ueseless stuff merely shifts from math to another subject.

and the only thing it took to make me tremble in fear on his test sheet was √cosin(whatever was written in there)

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-16, 17:22   Link #106
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Actually Arata referred to this himself; Namely when he said he can't believe he knew how to solve those problems in the past.
And in fact it has very little to do with being dumb, but more with not needing that stuff at all.

I used to have Bs and Cs in french - Only thing I kept from being at least remotely able to understand people is telling them that I don't speak french .

I'm a law student and yet, if you'd put me into a high school again I'd die in anything but english (which is fun because my native language is german )

Solving linear functions? Geometry? Why the heck would I remember something as useless as that? - The first thing that comes to my mind when seeing mathematical problems is 'Iudex non calculat'

Point is, brains automatically block out and erase unecessary information, and tons of what you learn in school is actually everything but necessary for your future life.
Once out of school most people will never really need anything but +/- the rest of their life; In some rare cases they may have to divide or multiply.
its really nothing you need unless when you are in a job where you require those skills - but then the ueseless stuff merely shifts from math to another subject.

and the only thing it took to make me tremble in fear on his test sheet was √cosin(whatever was written in there)
Two things:
- he should still perform well in one or two subjects. Because whatever he studied in college, high school wasn't completely useless.
- he should be able to pick it up again. Instead of failing again and again, at everything, after months. That he didn't means, again, that he's dumb or lazy. An employee who can't or won't learn is, again, no prize.

Note that Onoya stopped failing when she stopped having a reason to, and that Hishiro's the best student in her year (which is actually cheating, but whatever).
Old 2016-07-16, 19:35   Link #107
AC-Phoenix
Detective

You are underestimating school here. Take languages for example - certain things being asked of you are a lot harder than you just doing it when needing them without being specifically told to form a sentence like that, while you wouldn't have problems forming them otherwise. (.ie. tasks like transforming sentences to past perfect tense and so on.

- Onoya is a really bad example btw, as it is heavily implied she failed them on purpose to begin with.
- Not everyone goes to college
-As his supervisor even writes the school he transferred into has a rather high standard (way above Arata's btw)

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-17, 04:00   Link #108
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
You are underestimating school here. Take languages for example - certain things being asked of you are a lot harder than you just doing it when needing them without being specifically told to form a sentence like that, while you wouldn't have problems forming them otherwise. (.ie. tasks like transforming sentences to past perfect tense and so on.
I don't really see the difficulty. (Also, is that really something you'd ask a high schooler?)

Besides, I've been a high school teacher, and when I came from college to high school, I was able to handle the material just fine. I've never heard of anyone having problems on that front.

Quote:
- Onoya is a really bad example btw, as it is heavily implied she failed them on purpose to begin with.
Exactly. The point is, the 10 years he spent out of high school isn't a good excuse for his failures. He's the only one to suffer like that.

Quote:
- Not everyone goes to college
But Arata did.

Quote:
-As his supervisor even writes the school he transferred into has a rather high standard (way above Arata's btw)
So 18 years old Arata would have had problems. He's 28. He's been through college. He should at least get to the point where he doesn't fail.
Old 2016-07-18, 10:26   Link #109
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Finally had the time to watch it entirely, and it was beyond wonderful.

Spoiler tags for everything just in case:

Spoiler:

Still makes me wonder why I very much liked this but not Orange. This is a serious contender for anime of the year for me.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-30, 23:39   Link #110
mergele

Not finished yet, but I have to say i feel for Chizuru. I probably couldn't smile if my life depended on it either. Taking pictures is always a pain.
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 08:36   Link #111
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

I've just finished watching this series, and my overall impression is, like most people here, are highly satisfactory.

I really love the character interactions and how they develop throughout the series. I've found myself smiling a whole lot of times when I watched this, since there are times that I can relate to some situations.

Also, I REALLY SHIP CHIZURU AND ARATA. I'm having a headcanon now that after Arata and Chizuru finishes their ReLife, thanks to their support's backing, they are put in the same company to work, and they'll get to see each other again and have their happy ending but who am I kidding
Old 2016-08-04, 12:35   Link #112
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Just finished this too, really enjoyed it but bit gutted theres no second season coming anytime soon =[

Thats said the Chizuru and Arata ship looks like a given. Seeing as how they'll both still remember each other after the experiment ends, since they get to keep their own memories.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 19:45   Link #113
Budweineken
Crap

Alright, just finished the series myself.

This was very good, I hope they animate more in the future. Though I gather the source is not far off from when the anime ended, so looks like it may be unlikely. When I have time I'll continue with the web comic.

I think Arata's situation was like killing two birds with one stone. Seems he got this opportunity to improve himself, but considering how his recruiter analyses him, looks like he's also being tested as a catalyst for other potential ReLIFE subjects.

So, with that in mind, I wonder if at the same time he might be being tested as a potential future Support personnel as well.

A very satisfactory anime for me, but always feel empty when you don't get the full story. Hoping for more!

Only complaint might be the volleyball arc, didn't care for it at all.

Last edited by Budweineken; 2016-08-07 at 19:56.
Budweineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-11, 10:41   Link #114
Itlandm
Porcupine

Now that the main spoiler of the background is out, I don't really miss a second season. It would obviously consist of various efforts of the two main characters to try to hide the truth from each other. While that has scope for a lot of hilarious misunderstanding and emotional drama, it would be almost impossible to match the buildup of the first season without looking very contrived and artificial. I am actually surprised they came this far so early in the school year.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 08:13   Link #115
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Just finished the anime.

This is an unexpectedly amazing show. I really hope to see a second season.

Gonna check out the manga. Where should I start?
Old 2016-09-05, 16:12   Link #116
jpwong

Personally I would recommend you start from the start of the manga. The anime is well adapted, but that doesn't mean they didn't skip over some bits (plus you get to see the end of chapter commentary panel which generally was not adapted). But if you feel you must start from around where the anime ends, you'll probably want to start near chapter 100 which is right before the fireworks outing.
Old 2016-09-05, 17:30   Link #117
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokumonsen View Post
Just finished the anime.

This is an unexpectedly amazing show. I really hope to see a second season.

Gonna check out the manga. Where should I start?
Chapter 109, it seems. But some say better to read from the start to compare some of the differences made. For example, in the last episode of the anime series.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 20:49   Link #118
Budweineken
Crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Chapter 109, it seems. But some say better to read from the start to compare some of the differences made. For example, in the last episode of the anime series.
If he doesn't want to start from the beginning, I'd start a bit earlier than 109, maybe around chapter 100 or so, just to get a bit of a setup for the festival and redo the festival experience, I think that's helpful as a catalyst for the manga.
Old 2016-09-06, 08:55   Link #119
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Yeah, I agree with Budweineken here, the fireworks festival chapters got a bit clipped so that the anime could make a soft landing so I'd recommend reading from the start of that arc if you must. If you start at the end of the arc, you could miss out on some of the stuff that happens which leads into the next part of the manga.
Old 2016-09-11, 09:54   Link #120
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Just watched the last episode.

So Hishiro is doing another run of ReLIFE?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote