Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-01, 15:48   Link #41
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Whatever she might look like in the manga -- after having seen episode 1, I can only say she's damn CUTE!
I'm interested to see how this one will develop and the rest of the cast to be introduced.
Definitely will be watching this.
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 16:13   Link #42
monir
cho~ kakkoii

More screens to Takanome's of the episode 1...

I also agree that the first episode is pretty forgettable, but it still managed to be humorous (for me, at least) here and there. I was rolling from the reaction received when Danjuro's girlfriend was introduced. Will be looking forward to episode 2 even though I'm not expecting much from this series.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 16:37   Link #43
Mentar
Banned

Bamboo Blade will certainly not be a huge "aaah, wow, awesome!!" show, but it will be enjoyable. The typical 7-8 rating stuff which lives by the likability (high!) of the cast. You'll see ^_^

I hope they don't overdo it with Tama-chan... the manga already grazed at the limit, and I hope the anime won't push her over the cliff.

I'm a bit shocked about MiyaMiya - they draw her entirely differently compared to the manga (where she's gorgeous and ojousama-like all by herself, not looking dense and sparkling). I'll withhold judgment until I see "dark" MiyaMiya though...

Kirino's VA is spot-on. Excellent pick, and even though she's drawn in a simplified manner, her character is fully recognizable. I want to state that in general I hate hyper-genki-positive girls, but Kirino is the exception. She's simply awesome, and I'm looking forward to seeing her counterpart, Saya, soon.

So, a solid though not amazing start. Just as expected.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 17:37   Link #44
Midonin
Last Engage

I'm waiting on the subs, but I will say the OP theme is catchy enough.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 23:35   Link #45
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Goodness, the first episode was pretty neat. Real cut-to-the-chase character introductions. Overall, kinda plain, but it was neat seeing this animated.
Kirino - best club president or BEST club president? Lol.
Seems Ryou Hirohashi is a perfect fit for Tamaki (Alice-chan~).
Catchy OP and ED, and it made me laugh. And I spy a klutzy meganekko... sounds like a keeper.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 00:04   Link #46
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for Episode 1 thoughts:

Is there a total episode count yet?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 00:23   Link #47
FLiPMaStAZ

short synopsis of the first episode here:

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...-bamboo-blade/
FLiPMaStAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 03:20   Link #48
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

There was an episode count of 25 in a list on 2channel yesterday.

I liked this episode a lot more than I expected to. This is not generally my kind of thing, but I liked how it looked and how it was put together. It seemed to have some snap, to me.

Hirohashi Ryou (Tamaki) and Kuwashima Houko (Miyako) were fantastic, and Konishi Katsuyuki was impressive, too. But I think Kirino's kind of character may not be Toyoguchi Megumi's strength. Or maybe they just gave her some atypical star turns right at the beginning that she didn't really bring off. Later, I started to hear something more, so perhaps it was just temporary. Usually, I enjoy and admire her work.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 05:03   Link #49
changeup

ooops... Is that Ishida Akira for Eiga~~~~ that's hilarious~~~
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 07:49   Link #50
Mentar
Banned

And I thought that _particularly_ Toyoguchi Megumi was awesome and 100% spot-on ^_^

This is how perceptions differ. I find the always-genki Kirino really amazing, and that's all the more notable since I usually DETEST this particular character type.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 08:08   Link #51
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
I'm a huge Megu-sama fan and I have to admit that this surely isn't her best role as of yet. But if you know her normal speaking voice, it's just a difference of pitch. I believe she'll get better through the episodes.
She has pulled off genki, cutesy characters well already after all (although those (characters!) were, to this point, without exceptions not to my liking).
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 08:59   Link #52
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This sounds interesting story-wise and character design ..... but I hope the match animations get properly budgeted. Been too rare seeing well-animated non-fantasy swordplay.
Old 2007-10-02, 12:28   Link #53
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oki...tamaki definitely isnt anything like nodoka *gets whacked*

I liked the first episode - wasnt expecting too much to start off but we did get some nice eye catches and a bit of humor I was like WHAAAAAAAA when mr potato face's girlfriend (i take it) shows up

- I also like the character designs - lawl neko mouth X3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 14:53   Link #54
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
This sounds interesting story-wise and character design ..... but I hope the match animations get properly budgeted. Been too rare seeing well-animated non-fantasy swordplay.
I'm willing to bet my remaining penny after buying a beef brisket from Subway that this show isn't vying for a good animation. The opening theme is too much of a give away to think otherwise. This show shouldn't exceed the grade "average" animation-wise.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 14:57   Link #55
changeup

I like the part about the 10-point man with 90-point woman theory by the teacher... Although he himself seemed to be devastated when he saw a proof of his theory.

This being said, I think Eiga is a very nice man, and there is a reason why Miyamiya is so fond of him~
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 16:51   Link #56
iamthebest22

Lol pretty good episode, might have been just a tiny bit rushed, but I found it a bit funny, especially
Spoiler for Bamboo Blade character:
iamthebest22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 16:56   Link #57
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
There was an episode count of 25 in a list on 2channel yesterday.
If that's true, then that's very good.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 00:43   Link #58
NakedAngelX

Well after ep 1, i can say this surely will be on one of my new must watch seires. Interesting plot. and Tama-chan's your typical hot chas in animes these few years haha. Nagato Yuki style XD..
Old 2007-10-04, 01:34   Link #59
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

Perhaps the only reason I picked this up was because I do kendo. I was not particularly disappointed by what I saw, so I'll give it a few more eps. The animation quality did bother me a bit, though, especially how they kept switching the nametag on Chiba's armor from hiragana to kanji without explanation.

At least so far they've stuck to realistic depictions of kendo...like how bad the armor smells after a good workout or hundred.
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 15:45   Link #60
herbert

I am not very happy with ep1. It seems they are trying to progress over the setup part of story as quickly as possible. I am not saying it is a bad thing if it is done neatly. However, I feel the pace is too quick now and they had skipped too much material.

Last edited by herbert; 2007-10-04 at 18:17.
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen