AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-12, 16:19   Link #281
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
She basically had her arc in the first season. Tomoyo and Kyou were the only two that didn't have their arcs animated.
Tomoyo had her arc in the special OVA that came after first season. Although when I say arc, I also had the resolution in mind, which in game-terms meant that Tomoya would end up with whichever route the player chose.

Every character had certain points of their arc animated, but only Tomoyo had a resolution.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-04-12, 16:54   Link #282
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Not really, Fuuko arc perfectly works as it was presented in the series...
Old 2009-04-12, 17:00   Link #283
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Not really, Fuuko arc perfectly works as it was presented in the series...
Yeah, but you know... its... Fuuko.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-04-12, 17:35   Link #284
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Huh. Kyou OVA.

And of course it's one episode. Why not?

Why not actually adapt it properly for once?
Old 2009-04-12, 17:36   Link #285
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

On the otherhand, sometimes it is amazing how much material can be stuffed into 22 minutes.
Old 2009-04-12, 17:37   Link #286
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I would actually be more pleased if they used one episode to get over and done with Kyou's route and used another one to go with Kappei's (which could be considered as a conclusion for Ryou's storyline), which in my opinion is one of the better side arcs... aw well.
Old 2009-04-12, 17:42   Link #287
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Sounds like good news none-the-less. I'm interested in watching another "what if" situation like this and it will be kind of like a soap opera considering how that teaser statement sounded.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-04-12, 17:51   Link #288
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
On the otherhand, sometimes it is amazing how much material can be stuffed into 22 minutes.
Indeed. Haruhi is a testament to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Sounds like good news none-the-less. I'm interested in watching another "what if" situation like this and it will be kind of like a soap opera considering how that teaser statement sounded.
You have no idea...

Still one of my favorite routes though.
Old 2009-04-12, 18:11   Link #289
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

Alright! Ryou Kyou route!
Old 2009-04-12, 18:24   Link #290
Used Can

You know what'd be interesting? If they'd somewhat rewrite Kyou's route, and merge it with Kappei's. That way they could avoid all the unnecessary love drama, they could have Kyou being awesome by being moral support to Ryou, have Kappei becoming a major influence on Tomoya about what a man should be, and then have Tomoya working as moral support for Kyou. That'd be a nice virtuous circle, and it'd give a family feeling which is Clannad's main point. All the same, that'd probably be too much for just one OVA, and it'd most likely feel rushed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yeah, but you know... its... Fuuko.
Fuuko You!
Old 2009-04-12, 18:58   Link #291
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
You know what'd be interesting? If they'd somewhat rewrite Kyou's route, and merge it with Kappei's. That way they could avoid all the unnecessary love drama, they could have Kyou being awesome by being moral support to Ryou, have Kappei becoming a major influence on Tomoya about what a man should be, and then have Tomoya working as moral support for Kyou. That'd be a nice virtuous circle, and it'd give a family feeling which is Clannad's main point. All the same, that'd probably be too much for just one OVA, and it'd most likely feel rushed.(
Sorry but I'm in it for the love drama this time around

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-04-12, 19:07   Link #292
Tak

Quote:
Macross Frontier was obviously not enough for you.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2009-04-12 at 19:23.
Old 2009-04-12, 19:24   Link #293
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Macross Frontier was obviously not enough for you.

- Tak
It's scary...but it seems like you know me too well now I figure that after going through Macross Frontier, I can't get through any love drama out there Let's just say I'm traumatized

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-04-12, 19:33   Link #294
Tak

Quote:
Let's just say I'm traumatized
Traumatized? More like in a constant state of ecstasy.

- Tak

Old 2009-04-12, 20:10   Link #295
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Dear KyoAni,

I love you.

Sincerely,
Me

I don't care that it's only one episode, this will basically cover the last part of Clannad I really wanted to see animated. Awesome news is awesome as far as I'm concerned.
Old 2009-04-12, 20:16   Link #296
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

When I read about news about Kyou's arc being animated, I thought it was not real until I saw the screenshot of the event... Yes... I'm pretty much excited being that I already played through Kyou's arc in the game... and it's my favorite arc in the game... basically..
Old 2009-04-12, 20:37   Link #297
Used Can

Quote:
I was referring to the annoying love triangle. Although, given the Macross talk, perhaps you're into those kinds of developments. To each his own, I guess.
Old 2009-04-12, 20:40   Link #298
DeX-kun

Quote:
I was referring to the annoying love triangle. Although, given the Macross talk, perhaps you're into those kinds of developments. To each his own, I guess.
Don't get me wrong here, I'm not fond of triangles but it does make it a little more interesting in my opinion. I just hope that this one OVA won't suffer the same ending Macross Frontier did >_> I doubt it though, considering this is going to be Kyou's arc and it's a half hour episode.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-04-12, 20:56   Link #299
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
You know what'd be interesting? If they'd somewhat rewrite Kyou's route, and merge it with Kappei's. That way they could avoid all the unnecessary love drama, they could have Kyou being awesome by being moral support to Ryou, have Kappei becoming a major influence on Tomoya about what a man should be, and then have Tomoya working as moral support for Kyou. That'd be a nice virtuous circle, and it'd give a family feeling which is Clannad's main point. All the same, that'd probably be too much for just one OVA, and it'd most likely feel rushed.
You sir, are awesome. I hope they do this.
And it would solve a glaring flaw in Kappei's route.
Even though it was a nice route with all the Ryou, all I could think of was "Where the fraging hell is Kyou!? This is her bloody sister! She should be here!"

So anyway, Kyou OVA.

I wonder if it's possible to include all the angst in one episode.
Spoiler for Scenes they need to have:

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2009-04-12, 20:58   Link #300
Tak

Hmm, suddenly this got me thinking, if Kyou and Tomoya were married... I wonder if they would consider the school storage room to be one of their honeymoon spots...

- Tak

Closed Thread