AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-18, 20:38   Link #221
gameboy234

The pace for the new season is fast. No more happy go lucky as in the first season, as it is much more dangerous.

It is a joy to see super-evolution. Is shoutmon xx gonna be obsolete ? Maybe we will have omega shoutmon digixross with the rest.

The op felt more suitable as a ed..
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 20:39   Link #222
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
I'm still not sold... so Nene has cosplay powers now? Seeing as there's a lack of Zenjirou for human comedy relief, it had to come from somewhere.
I guess the whole comedy skit thing with Akari opened up her lighthearted side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
of course, he still does look like a beyblade reject in the end ...
I couldn't put my finger on why it was bothering me so much, and you just did. ty
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 20:45   Link #223
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I'm still not sold... so Nene has cosplay powers now? Seeing as there's a lack of Zenjirou for human comedy relief, it had to come from somewhere.
I must be the only one annoyed that Nene has no prominent role in the series >.> she gets no digimon that she can claim as her own mega...... she's like a cheerleader for xross heart >.>

even Taiki steals her sparrowmon..... Riku/Rika represented the female tamers... inequality showing itself.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 21:08   Link #224
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
I must be the only one annoyed that Nene has no prominent role in the series >.> she gets no digimon that she can claim as her own mega...... she's like a cheerleader for xross heart >.>

even Taiki steals her sparrowmon..... Riku/Rika represented the female tamers... inequality showing itself.
Oh she has a prominent role, her brother is sided with the main antagonist. But I still agree with you, though the two rival characters usually get special treatment. It happened in adventure as well, it's just they had a lot more characters getting shafted that it wasn't that big of a deal. Kinda odd they didn't give Nene something since she's going to be moot when both shoutmon and greymon evolve.
Old 2011-04-19, 02:36   Link #225
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah kind of sad that Nene really has fallen to being the cosplay character. Of course she has managed to make it work and be pretty effective when it comes to tactics. Still seems a waste with Sparrowmon being part of the Xross Heart combination. Though really I think they could find a way to balance it. Just have Taiki Super Evolve X4 or X4B and Kiriha can Super Evolve his combinations. That'd leave Sparrowmon and maybe if Nene can get another digimon to work with a possible super evolution there.

Oh well in the end Kurosu is right. The same thing happened in the original series with the two guys getting the mega forms and the others having to just work with the ultimate level. I guess leaving those other two behind was for good reason. Only need so many people not having any use in the fights. Still I guess it's possible that Nene might have a bigger role to play, we'll just have to see. If not she will be more emotional support for the guys.
Old 2011-04-19, 04:02   Link #226
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
But I still agree with you, though the two rival characters usually get special treatment. It happened in adventure as well, it's just they had a lot more characters getting shafted that it wasn't that big of a deal.
Personally, I'd say Adventure managed to balance out the cast very well in spite of Agumon and Gabumon being the only ons to reach Ultimate, though. The other kids still managed to remain relevant to the plot in the Dark Masters-arc, what with the whole gathering up allies, defeating AnnoyingIdiotmon (MetalEtemon) or how in the end, despite not being an Ultimate, HolyAngemon was the one to kill the final Dark Master after both WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon failed horribly.

And hey, who's to say Sparrowmon won't get an evolution? Well, okay, it doesn't appear in the opening, but the first opening didn't show X4B or X5 either.
...Yeah, I'm probably just being overly optimistic here.
Old 2011-04-19, 04:11   Link #227
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah kind of sad that Nene really has fallen to being the cosplay character. Of course she has managed to make it work and be pretty effective when it comes to tactics. Still seems a waste with Sparrowmon being part of the Xross Heart combination. Though really I think they could find a way to balance it. Just have Taiki Super Evolve X4 or X4B and Kiriha can Super Evolve his combinations. That'd leave Sparrowmon and maybe if Nene can get another digimon to work with a possible super evolution there.

Oh well in the end Kurosu is right. The same thing happened in the original series with the two guys getting the mega forms and the others having to just work with the ultimate level. I guess leaving those other two behind was for good reason. Only need so many people not having any use in the fights. Still I guess it's possible that Nene might have a bigger role to play, we'll just have to see. If not she will be more emotional support for the guys.
It is not precedent...... look at digimon tamers (season 3) I believer with Rika/Riku being cool and dominating with Renamon/sakuyamon >.>.. in the other series the females usually gets shafted but it is usually in large groups where it isn't noticeable but even besides that they at least had something for themselves that were cool and strong.

Hikari/kari being important in Digimon adventures S1/(S2 *somewhat*)
Riku/Rika Digimon Tamers.... one of the three important character that fought towards the end.

Frontier is debating... While Data squad I never finish but last I remember they did reach the ultimate level.

I don't think having a high-monitormon.... is something that would define the female tamers of the digital world >.> Sparrowmon doesn't belong to her.... lol, its Taiki's xross 5 .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
If not she will be more emotional support for the guys.
Reminding me of one of the movies
Digimon Adventure: Our War Game!...... remembering Sora how she ended up with.... and rage.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 10:50   Link #228
TAKOYAKI

I'm Japanese.
I never can believe it is one of degimon.
TAKOYAKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 22:05   Link #229
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 32. Stand up, Kiriha! Xros Heart's Rescue Plan!!

This episode evokes and returns to the fantasy-adventure and RPG-quest game style and format, which was a recurrent scope device from the previous act's episodes.

In summary, to move into the next country they must defeat the Death General from the current land our heroes are visiting.

The likeable aspects for this episode were that we got to see much more insight on Kiriha's development as a character. While his past remains blurry and mysterious, his charisma derives from learning about his past weakness.

Dracomon took inspiration upon Kiriha's pride, and this in reverse made Kiriha to acknowledge the pride of all of his teammates and not only his.

The Super-Evolution for ZeekGreymon worked to defeat Dorpickmon and claim Dragon Land, and it was a display of common sense for Nene to have all teams dissolved and joined under a single banner.

Second thing I liked were Nene's diverse assortment of digimon costumes: FlowerPowermon, first, and Wanimon, second. Which we are going to see recurrently in the following installments.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 08:10   Link #230
gameboy234

Spoiler for 33:
Old 2011-04-23, 20:02   Link #231
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy234 View Post
Spoiler for 33:
Spoiler:

the series just got better and better
Old 2011-04-25, 01:17   Link #232
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
why do some people keep complaining that Kirihara's new look looks like some Beyblade reject?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 06:46   Link #233
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
why do some people keep complaining that Kirihara's new look looks like some Beyblade reject?
Because it does.

Though one thing that has been bothering me a bit, is that it seems like the generals are like monsters of the week (or fortnight I suppose), I mean they get two episodes and then they get dispatched (well the first two at least (assuming the arc ends next episode), they'll hopefully change it up later on). Either way, for the first two, kind of a bummer.
Old 2011-04-25, 08:13   Link #234
gameboy234

Why there is no explanation on kiriha appearing to help them? He was on the other entrance and i thought it lead to other place.

What's a beyblade reject?
Old 2011-04-25, 10:28   Link #235
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy234 View Post
What's a beyblade reject?
Beyblade is an anime where preteen kids with ridiculous shounen wardrobes and hairstyles have dramatic battles... using toy tops.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 11:26   Link #236
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Might just be simpler for people to say they don't like the new look Kiriha is going with.

Damn if they can actually just xros with their opponents at will it just makes fighting those Death Generals much trickier. Can't be careless or you're done. Not to mention it'd just make the opponent ridiculously stronger and harder to stop.

There has been some serious issues with this team. Kiriha has managed to get his confidence back somewhat, but it's making him hard to work with.
Old 2011-04-25, 17:30   Link #237
ShiroiRyu

When you saw the end of the 33 ... yes ...
Anyways, the preview of the 35 ...MINERVAMON !

Spoiler for 35:
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 22:30   Link #238
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
When you saw the end of the 33 ... yes ...
Anyways, the preview of the 35 ...MINERVAMON !
Spoiler:
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 10:54   Link #239
KBTKaiser

*Watches the ep 34 important bits clip on youtube...*

...I nominate this episode for crowning moment of tearjerker....
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 12:04   Link #240
ShiroiRyu

Don't saw the 34, just the preview of 35 ...

Tokkan : Mistranlation ?
Or it's the japanese name of Minerva ? :s
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote