AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 21 29.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 23.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 18.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 14.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 9.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-28, 18:19   Link #101
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Mei Misaki may be moe and all, but I for one find Izumi Akazawa way hotter so, yes, count me among those who enjoyed seeing "normal" Izumi.

I admit I'm a shallow man; I don't find disabled people particularly attractive. Nor am I am particularly enamoured with deathly pale complexions. If I had a say in the matter, I would much rather support SS Kouichi x Izumi but, alas, the other ship has sailed. You know which one. No, not that nice boat.
I'm the opposite. I agree Izumi is hotter than Mei, but for me cuteness >>> hotness. Mei's definitely cuter than her in my opinion, and even though she's not as "hot" as Izumi (who isn't as hot as Reiko herself), she's got quite a lot of charm as well. I've always had a soft spot for girls with milk white skin (especially brunettes), so that heps too. Not into disabled moe at all though. Oh and there's also her voice.
Old 2012-02-28, 18:45   Link #102
Qikz

Also, this is an odd question and I probably missed it somewhere, but where did they get the information/rumour that people wouldn't die outside of the town? Didn't they cancel the field trips because people were dying on them?

It seems odd that Kouichi and everyone else were really happy to believe they'd be safe outside of the town and completely forget to take precautions anyway. Especially when asking about the curse again :/
Old 2012-02-28, 19:05   Link #103
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Also, this is an odd question and I probably missed it somewhere, but where did they get the information/rumour that people wouldn't die outside of the town?
They probably based that on information gained over the last 26 years. If everyone who left Yomiyama survived, it's a reasonable conclusion to draw.

Quote:
Didn't they cancel the field trips because people were dying on them?
Hm, I don't remember anyone saying this?
Old 2012-02-28, 19:13   Link #104
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

The guy was under the assumption that he was safe being outside of the town, but honestly the ball was really far out and the sea was pretty rough. Unless he has godlike stamina he wouldn't make it back. Anyway it somewhat ruined the moment that the instant the boat appeared everyone knew he was going to die, although he ... lost consciousness before getting hit? Or at least it appeared that way.

Back to the important parts of the episode:

I liked Akazawa before this episode and now I like her even more :3
Mei being cute as always
Glasses girl please don't die
Old 2012-02-28, 19:41   Link #105
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Glasses girl please don't die
IMO, she's either going to die or she's the Another. She has barely appeared in the story at all thus far, but she's in the ED so she can't be completely insignificant.
Old 2012-02-28, 22:53   Link #106
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
It still doesn't make any sense. Like his death was just stupid. Before he even went out he saw how far out at sea it was and he saw how rough the sea was. That's dangerous even if it wasn't for the boat.
Even on public beaches people swim past the safety line all the time and survive it. And by 'survive it' I mean 'nothing interesting happens at all, they just take a swim, and come back, sometimes on a completely different part of the beach'.

Maybe the guy thought he was a good swimmer?

There's any number of realistic reasons for him to swim after the ball.
Old 2012-02-29, 01:00   Link #107
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm the opposite. I agree Izumi is hotter than Mei, but for me cuteness >>> hotness. Mei's definitely cuter than her in my opinion, and even though she's not as "hot" as Izumi (who isn't as hot as Reiko herself), she's got quite a lot of charm as well. I've always had a soft spot for girls with milk white skin (especially brunettes), so that heps too. Not into disabled moe at all though. Oh and there's also her voice.
I like them both, especially when they lighten up, though I wish Mei would giggle like she did in Koichi's imaginary dance scene. Hard to believe Izumi's played by the same person as Ui Hirasawa.
Old 2012-02-29, 01:11   Link #108
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Hair Stand

I thought that this episode would turn out to be a refresher without any incident; a calm before a big storm happens. However, the Phenomenon found its way to claim another life.

Even Misaki was both astonished and shocked to Nakano's death.

Spoiler:

Furthermore, unlike other horror franchises that I have watched when an ominous force stalks anywhere to claim victims, like the Final Destination series, in this show the signs marking a sudden death flag are or can be easy to read.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-02-29, 03:09   Link #109
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

While I agree with what you say there, I don't think it's that unthinkable that somebody else isn't bothered by it, or maybe doesn't even notice it.
Old 2012-02-29, 03:15   Link #110
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
I really love Mei's voice, but come on, can't there be peace between Mei's fans and Izumi's fans? Izumi's hawt and tsun-tsun, Mei's cute and eyepatch-moe, they're both wonderful in their own different ways! It's important to have diversity in your 2D waifus!
Old 2012-02-29, 03:47   Link #111
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I really love Mei's voice, but come on, can't there be peace between Mei's fans and Izumi's fans? Izumi's hawt and tsun-tsun, Mei's cute and eyepatch-moe, they're both wonderful in their own different ways! It's important to have diversity in your 2D waifus!
No way, Jose. This is a horror movie ala Final Destination, after all. I expect to see fear and blood. This is no longer a game. This is WAR! RAAAAWWWRR!!!!
Old 2012-02-29, 04:28   Link #112
EroKing

LOLed at this screenshot posted on randomc by Guardian Enzo. Kouichi about to do the Fusion Dance?
Old 2012-02-29, 07:25   Link #113
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

I knew it couldn't be a nice and happy episode. It was too fun and light - they just couldn't let us be happy with some moe, could they?
Somebody died even though they left Yomiyama - did ever happened before?

Next ep: Megane girl. Is she the Other, or possibly a flashback?
Old 2012-02-29, 12:18   Link #114
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Is it time for a possible Reiko discussion thread?

For now Ive masked the post containing the MAL link since it links to spoilers for the series.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2012-02-29 at 12:42.
Old 2012-02-29, 12:52   Link #115
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Yes! I can't have enough of her pants.
Old 2012-02-29, 12:58   Link #116
klare

the watermelon, the overtaking truck, the fishing rods, so many false alarms... and it only happen after the mysterious wind blew the ball into the sea

i think they are trying to distract us from guessing/thinking by giving us girls in swimsuits and seemingly peaceful time

btw i think Reiko looks best among the girls in swimsuit
Old 2012-02-29, 13:00   Link #117
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Maybe he likes to shuffle every day?
Old 2012-02-29, 13:01   Link #118
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post

For now Ive masked the post containing the MAL link since it links to spoilers for the series.
And for that reason I've removed a healthy chunk of posts from the thread. If people have serious speculations, especially if they have knowledge that is not only derived from the anime, they should take it to the spoilers and speculation thread. Episode threads are for episode discussion, simple as that.

It's extremely difficult to speculate on this type of story when people cannot resist the urge to spoil, either directly or indirectly. This means no hints, no pretending that you don't know when what you're saying obviously implies you do, etc. Unfortunately as a moderator, we get spoiled a lot....and this means we also know when people are using information that isn't solely anime based.

Tread carefully.
Old 2012-02-29, 17:08   Link #119
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I don't usually recognize music in relation to the actual story being told, just in terms of whether the song is good itself. I've noticed the music was greatly incorporated into the atmosphere of the anime, but this episode took the cake. I loved that gentle piece that was playing when they were on the beach and doing that food-finding game.
Quote:
I'm the opposite. I agree Izumi is hotter than Mei, but for me cuteness >>> hotness. Mei's definitely cuter than her in my opinion, and even though she's not as "hot" as Izumi..., she's got quite a lot of charm as well. I've always had a soft spot for girls with milk white skin... so that heps too. Not into disabled moe at all though. Oh and there's also her voice.
HELL YES! Read my mind X03. That octopus scene made me huuuu~~ like a fangirl.

Old 2012-02-29, 19:43   Link #120
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I also wish for peace. In horror films, it's the innocent ones that are going to survive. We should know that the moe one has plot protection armor activated and making a move on Kouichi has sent Izumi's death flag waving. So when it's Izumi's time to go, we should be ready to console those poor fans who did not recognize the power of the eye-patched moe one. We should have our arms outstretched to welcome the lost ones into the Mei camp. All will be forgiven Izumi fans. The Church of Mei will always be there for you!

Last edited by orion; 2012-03-01 at 08:33.
Closed Thread

Tags
beach episode