AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 54 56.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 21.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 11.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-03-10, 19:25   Link #21
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Oh it's on now!

Fake or real, don't go busting up people's lives and families for such a mundane and self-serving reason!!!

...is what I would have yelled 'with a poised look'.

Che, I already didn't like the new duo and I certainly don't like them now. They have that 'I'm so above it all' presence about them - animation and voice actors did a marvelous job bringing that out of them.

Shinobu~ So scary, even as a loli...too bad her bluff was called.
Old 2012-03-10, 19:46   Link #22
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Great ep. 22mins felt like 5.

What I'm wondering right now if Tsukihi will retain some of the phoenix's immortality (if she gets cured) or will the fake be allowed to live with the Araragi family.

Speaking of immortality, it'd be great if it's going to be AraragiXShinobuXTsukihi immortal trio.
Old 2012-03-10, 19:56   Link #23
moshika

http://www.misterdonut.jp/sale/index.html

If we don't leave immediately, they'll sell out!
moshika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 20:16   Link #24
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
woah, one of the best episodes....!!!

* runs to Tsuki's side... Tsuki the best!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 20:22   Link #25
leorodri100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Considering that Kagenui managed to stop Koyomi when he went berserk, she must be really strong. Though I dont knw how strong Koyomi himself is at full vamp-mode
he can go in a fair fight against kishot at his full vampire form
and kisshot at her 27 years form
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafaramir View Post
Great ep. 22mins felt like 5.

What I'm wondering right now if Tsukihi will retain some of the phoenix's immortality (if she gets cured) or will the fake be allowed to live with the Araragi family.

Speaking of immortality, it'd be great if it's going to be AraragiXShinobuXTsukihi immortal trio.
tsukihi can't be cured she is a kaii herself. like said before she caa only die by old age, she regenerates, slowly when its not a big deal to fool humans but when she is blasted like that, she regenerates in more or less 30 seconds
she is far more complicated than karen, don't get me wrong i'm all for karen but i have to adimit tsukihi has it though due to the phoenix she doesn't think by herself, what she said about going along with karen's justice obssetion was the obvious way to show that, the phoenix is just trying to adaptate and so it imitates humans

try listening to tsukihi's OP btw the lyrics. ignore the moe and all that if you do so you will realise that the lyrics are pretty sad like

"somethings change, somethings will never change, i used to be so fickle but now i know what eternety means but i can promess you, that i'm platinum happy but there are still times when i get platinum sad and shed platinum tears, why?"

Last edited by leorodri100; 2012-03-10 at 20:37.
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 21:01   Link #26
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Man that was cold.

If I was Koyomi I'd be calling in all my chits for the showdown. You just don't mess with family. And if you live together for 14 years that's family, no matter what some idiot outsider thinks.

Need to get Karen home quickly and put a tight leash on her before she goes berserk. Probably the best way would be to assign her guard duty.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 21:53   Link #27
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Heh, it seems in Nisemongatari, Araragi's brain was replaced by his dick. I suppose it's pretty hard to keep under wraps with all these hot chicks who are attracted to him, but it sure is tiring.

Anyhow, this arc has been pretty underwhelming, spending 2 1/2 episodes on stuffs that I don't care about, making even fanservice seem boring. Yes, I know Araragi stripped Tsukushi because to see the scar which makes you wonder what's up with her. And now, we get a bunch of plot and Shaft finally animated in the last 5 minutes. Sorry, don't buy it.

On the other hand, they did an adequate setup; we have 1 entire episode to explore the true meaning of "fake" and will probably get some feel good stuff about blood being nothing, it's the relations that matter and a good fight hopefully. I did like that head-tilt into giant stick thingy attack.

But Shinobu and Araragi will kick ass next episode. To see the rage of Arararagi is a rare and very dangerous thing.

The thing I cared about most sadly, was getting donuts with Shinobu. That was the part I enjoyed the most.

Anyhow, I've pretty much had my fill of both Isin and Shinbo for now. I've been informed that Nisemongatari is the weakest of the series, which I guess I will take their word on it. Unfortunately, I feel my time with this series is up... for now. It's been an interesting watch though and I'll finish the next episode at least.

-6/10
Oh, and them feet.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-03-10 at 22:18.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 22:04   Link #28
Tenza-Zangetsu

my reaction to seeing Kaiki = Araragi's
Tenza-Zangetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 22:07   Link #29
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Yea, just look at the douchey way he eats his donuts.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 23:26   Link #30
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Will they go further in details about the sisters' two boyfriends? Or is that just a 'Oh-by-the-way' moment?

Or perhaps it like the theme of this season, a fake?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 23:35   Link #31
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Is there anyone in this thread that is still unspoiled? Please take mercy on us anime-only viewers. Believe it or not, there are still a few of us left. I was going to ask about the original Tsukihi, and what happened to her, may even enjoy a bit of speculating on my part, but thanks to one of you know it all who just couldn't help spew his/her gut out in this thread.

Good episode, but a bit bitter about this blatant spoiler.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 00:35   Link #32
teja208
Critical fanboy

Man this episode made me want some mister doughnut nice publicity Shaft.

I hope that Kagenui and Ononoki will turn out to be neutral characters latter on after this arc was resolved. After all, it would be a waste for such a badass and interesting characters to end up getting ass kicked by the heroes in the end. From this point, I seemed to me that this series has villians but no real antagonist. By that I mean the one who has ambition of taking over the world or cleansing it by wipe out all living existance on earth. Both are common drive for antagonists in various other anime series. Sure some arc had villians in it but not one that have prolong conflict with protagonist. What I find interesting is that this series is basically slice-of-life coming of age series with supernatural element but villians are also present which is rare.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 00:36   Link #33
HandofFate

fffffff, I had chills in my back when Araragi went berserk. Wish he actual kick the shit out of someone for once instead of always jobbing to everything. I like my MC a bit broken at times, he can have his weaknesses, just let him go all out and dominate at least once.

Kagenui makes a good antagonist, her way of talking down really annoys me.

Shinobu was great this obviously, especially at the end even though her bluff was clear.
Old 2012-03-11, 00:58   Link #34
teja208
Critical fanboy

Forgot to ask one more thing, before this episode revelation did any of you ever felt that Tsukihi behaves like some sort bird? I didn't. In fact, she seems way normal when compare to most of the characters in this series. Now if she starts laying eggs and kept them in her closet then I might reconsider. Although her Auto Phoenix Down ability was kinda cool.

Last edited by teja208; 2012-03-11 at 01:10.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 01:54   Link #35
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

LOL, are they being serious? I guess why fuck one sister, when you can just fuck them both! Why don't they just make this a hentai and be done with it. It's no better than fap material. Well at least the first half of the episode was. The second half was some good stuff but completely overshadowed by the crappy first half.

Over indulgence and more and more extreme scenarios/gags are taking its toll on this franchise. All the characters have been enslaved to their character quirks, there's nothing grounded in them anymore. Not enough control on this production.

5/10
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 02:01   Link #36
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Nice episode. Misterdonuts part was my favorite scene, including Kaiki. Shinobu and Kaiki are so much win. I'm confused why the shikigami's skill wasn't called Unlimited Finger Works. Or Shining Finger.

Hmm, Kagenui called Oshino with '-kun', so she is probably well acquainted with Oshino... Maybe they used to work together? Kinda gives the vibe that Kagenui was his senpai/master or something. Hopefully more will come to light regarding their relationship. Kaiki seemed to know Kagenui pretty well, too.

For next episode, I'm thinking Karen will join Koyomi&Shinobu in fighting them, if the fight occurs in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Maybe it's my old age, but haven't a family member, or close friend, or ex-girlfriend asked you to check out some private part for a tumor or something? Dunno seems very normal to me for siblings and friends to do so for scars... it might be misunderstood by outsiders, but there is nothing sleazy about it.
I seriously doubt he groped her to check for a tumor.
Old 2012-03-11, 02:22   Link #37
sa547
*Author

This episode made me hungry about pilfering a few bucks and hit the nearest Mister Donuts joint.

Spoiler for and oh...:
Old 2012-03-11, 05:31   Link #38
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

The truth is they actually skipped a lot of important stuff.
-The explanation about the phoenix
-Senjougahara's photo
...etc

They seriously could have separated this into two episodes.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 06:20   Link #39
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
I seriously doubt he groped her to check for a tumor.
Of course he did. It's never too early to check for breast cancer. Or too late, in the case of Hachikuji.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 08:25   Link #40
dredmorte

Please, I need the music that plays when his sister gets attacked. Pretty please?
dredmorte is offline   Reply With Quote