*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
"Fairy Tail".
Inaccurate
Old 2013-03-09, 14:20   Link #10862
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Which is more illogical? Someone expecting to see flowers in a garden, and thus being unsurprised when they see them? Or the one who continues to go to gardens and continues to get upset that none of them have any midair orgies going on?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 14:29   Link #10863
Casshern

Pfffff I still love FT as much as I did when it started. It's my favorite manga since D.Grayman went to shit.
I like the fact that non-protagonists didn't get left in the dust in terms of power so far.
I like that there is some story to it rather than fighting>training>fighting>training>fighting... ad nauseam
I like how fights are over quickly instead of spending 20 pages to describe one punch, and then a cliffhanger to see if it lands.
I like how women can be just as powerful as men.
I like how it's not about a bunch of clinically depressed teens.
I like how it's so goddamn cheesy that my monitor smells of camembert when I'm reading it.
It's just a manga. It's not bloody Tolstoy.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 14:32   Link #10864
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@Kaijo

I go to the garden and get upset when I see weeds instead of flowers.

The ones having the so called "orgy" (completely wrong word btw) are the ones who find all flowers the same, since I can only assume they're smoking them, rather then looking at any quality in them. Thy "just stick it in your pipe and smoke it" logic.
Old 2013-03-09, 14:45   Link #10865
Kaijo
Banned

I think I am going to watch some romantic comedies, and be completely upset when I don't see blood and gore therein!

(btw, felix, if you're gonna try to correct someone on a wrong word, it might help to consult a dictionary first to see if it is correct or not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Pfffff I still love FT as much as I did when it started. It's my favorite manga since D.Grayman went to shit.
I like the fact that non-protagonists didn't get left in the dust in terms of power so far.
I like that there is some story to it rather than fighting>training>fighting>training>fighting... ad nauseam
I like how fights are over quickly instead of spending 20 pages to describe one punch, and then a cliffhanger to see if it lands.
I like how women can be just as powerful as men.
I like how it's not about a bunch of clinically depressed teens.
I like how it's so goddamn cheesy that my monitor smells of camembert when I'm reading it.
It's just a manga. It's not bloody Tolstoy.
A-fucking-men, brother.
Old 2013-03-09, 15:33   Link #10866
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
(btw, felix, if you're gonna try to correct someone on a wrong word, it might help to consult a dictionary first to see if it is correct or not).
I'm guessing you're referring to meaning 2) there. You won't find that meaning in all dictionaries, eg. http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/orgy doesn't have it, because it's a "metaphorical" meaning. Your use wasn't in a methaphor, but an analogy, so I'm pretty sure it's incorrect.

As for your new analogy, you can continue to sink FT to the lowest pits of crap to prove your point of "this series is shounen and hence so stupid1 we must all be blind faithful idiots to properly enjoy it," I do not care. I'll read it my way, regardless of your ideals.

1 personally don't have any special negative expectations if series is shounen or not
Old 2013-03-09, 15:49   Link #10867
Kaijo
Banned

I never said it was stupid. Casshern's response is fairly close to my own feelings on the matter. I just think it is fairly entertaining, but as I am well acquainted with shonen logic, I know what I am getting for my money. Which, in this case, is free. Although that brings up another interesting human trait: complaining about things that are free... "How dare this thing that I get for free not conform exactly to what I want! If they keep this up, I'll stop paying them!"

And as you'll note in the definition, an orgy can be a party, so I was upset there were no midair parties going on in my garden. Why would I be expecting there to be multiple midair parties going on in a garden? That's just where I set my expectations, and I don't need anyone telling me that my expectations are weird!
Old 2013-03-09, 16:33   Link #10868
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

This is just a plain old forum Kaijo not Fairy Tail support.

You're really digging deep to deny me the right to express any form of criticism/analysis.

Last edited by felix; 2013-03-09 at 16:48.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 21:32   Link #10869
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
The thing is that even Lucy had tiny story on how she got some of the keys. She won them or she bought them. She is a collector just like Erza.

Erza simply takes them all out of thin air.
1) Lucy's the protagonist, so the story follows her more.
2) We see how she gets gold keys during the story, but don't know how she got her three(!) starter gold keys. We just reasonably assume they came from her Stellar-Spirit-mage mother and stinking-rich father. With Erza, most of her armors are starters (possibly including the Nakagami), which is also reasonable since she's been S-class for years. Neither really get flashbacks for how they got their starters, aside from Taurus in the anime.
3) Getting a gold key is alot harder for Lucy, at her power and money level, than getting a new armor is for Erza. We know Erza could take care of something like that solo offscreen. Lucy, not so much. (Silver keys like the compass-bird are okay though.)

Last edited by MechR; 2013-03-09 at 21:45.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 07:14   Link #10870
kitten320

The thing is that Erza's fights are not fun anymore.

Every time she is in a pinch I have only one line running through my head "Oh just bring out a new armor again that for some weird reasons you didn't use before and get it over with".
There is no excitement in her fights. Despite knowing that she will win, we even know HOW she will win and that's what makes it boring. It's either new armor or sudden power boost like with Azuma.

In Natsu's case there is at least some variety. I don't think many people expected him to eat etherion when he fought Jellal. While in Erza's case no matter what happens, it is just a better armor that perfectly fits the situation. It's like if she is creating them out of her head instead of finding them and learning how to use them.

What about other equip mages? I'm sure she is not alone so what do they wear? I have hard time believing that Erza has collected everything while there defiantly were strong mages before her who must have gathered a collection as well at the time. Did she rob them?
Taking armor away is much harder then a key since they tend to turn back.

Ignoring details like this is normal at the start since it is a beginning and you just get to know the world but when there are no details given after almost 350 chapters, that's a bit overboard.

Even Kubo is being more specific lately.
Old 2013-03-10, 12:05   Link #10871
seiftis
~defying fate

errr, alright. Let's get on discussing the story's progress so far, and stop with the "I-dislike-FT-because-FTmembers-are-overpowered" or whatever...
Old 2013-03-10, 13:58   Link #10872
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Ehh... I dislike how people say that, you know, it's shonen and what would you expect? But honestly... Dragon Ball/Z was also shonen, and you barely could guess what the hell would happen. Yeah there were power ups, for bad guys as well. Goku technically didn't take out Vegeta, he needed help with Frieza before he reaches SSJ level and he sacrificed himself to save others when Cell was about to blow up. My point is that it had verity. It's ok for me to see Erza slash her opponent with one hit after equipping a new armor. It's ok seeing it second time... alright even a third time. But fourth and fifth time is enough. And I don't want to be a shallow person and calling the reused thing an ''epic fight.'' As much as I loved Fairy Tail, I'm dropping it.
Old 2013-03-10, 21:12   Link #10873
Kaijo
Banned

Somehow, this thread has brought out a few complaints about Erza, which belong in the Erza thread if we are going to discuss her. So, Crimson, I've moved a reply over there. But it is also a more general reply to some of the complaints.
Old 2013-03-15, 08:21   Link #10874
II Maestro

Spoiler for 323:
Old 2013-03-15, 08:36   Link #10875
ShiroiRyu

HAHAHA ...
Good stuff, never thought about this.
Old 2013-03-15, 08:54   Link #10876
Bombo
TSF Fans

Wow!!!!!
Spoiler for 323:

Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 09:19   Link #10877
Kaijo
Banned

Agree, wow, didn't see that coming! Although I was beginning to suspect that there was more than one person from the future, as the princess kept referring to "that person" instead of Lucy or "she." Mashima does a great job dropping hints, only to have it all snap into place in an instant with one reveal. The only questions that remain, are what are Rogue's goals? He seemed to be someone who wanted to value friendship at the end there, but he also fused with his younger self to smack down Gajeel... however, that allowed Gajeel to eat shadow, so maybe Rogue was on FT's side in a strange way?
Old 2013-03-15, 09:29   Link #10878
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Well... didn't see THAT ONE coming.
The shit's gonna hit the fan...
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 09:32   Link #10879
Lunarskylar

Mashima was like "y'all think i'm predictable eh?"

just wish minerva had some part in this.
I wonder if rouge is related to the imp?

And here's... a plot hole? If past rogue lost to gajeel, (without his shadow power up) and that's the future dark rogue predicted, why would dark rogue participate in the fight to begin with if he expected to lose, and losing was part of his prediction that would make the princess believe him? (considering that he didn't expect gajeel to win by lending rogue his power)
Old 2013-03-15, 09:51   Link #10880
bigdeal000
malefic

Just when I wanted to drop Fairy Tail for the second time. This was a great chapter. Don't ruin it, Mashima.
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen