AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-11-18, 23:48   Link #1
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

[MANGA] Naruto's Alter Possibilities

-I've been thinking recently about Naruto's training to obtain his new "Ultimate Jutsu" and I began to ponder "What would Naruto be like if he were trained by someone else, both in personality and Jutsu?".

-Now before I begin let me state this clearly so that there is no confusion. What I'm actually asking for here is opinions, ideas and speculations of what kind of ninja could Naruto have been had he grown up being trained by another sensei (as in being trained by neither Kakashi, Jiraiya or Yamato). In fact I'll expand on this even further so add to the whole "Different sensei" factor the following: different village, with or without a biju (if with it may be any biju, Kyuubi is useable but you can add others as well, but 1 is the limit).

-To get started I'll give an example: say Naruto lived in Mizugakure and was picked up and trained by Zabuza along with Haku. He had no biju sealed inside of him but is still an orphan. See the idea?

-Personally I like the possibility of Uchiha Itachi training Naruto from an early age as per the order from the Sandaime. Naruto grows up with the Uchiha family and learns how to effectivelly combat the Sharingan. He still has the Kyuubi and is friends with it. His new personality mirrors Itachi in a way but he still has a kind heart.

-Well post away to your hearts' desires people.

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2006-11-19 at 12:38.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 04:54   Link #2
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

This question is kind of hard to answer because we don't know enough about the training methods of the other sensei well enough to guess how Naruto would do as a pupil of theirs compared to Kakashi. But it seems that every ninja has a sensei that's best suited to their abilities. Kakashi, for example, was best suited for Sasuke because they both had the Sharingan and were similar type fighters. He was also well suited to teach Naruto, because he has a wide knowledge of Naruto's jutsu and was also a pupil of Yondaime. He did little for Sakura however because her specialty is chakra control which is best suited for genjutsu and medical jutsu. That's why Tsunade became her sensei. On that thought, here are some of my opinions of how Naruto would do with other Konoha sensei

Gai - He might do well under Gai. They get along well. Naruto's high stamina and abundant chakra would be very useful for taijutsu techniques. His hand-to-hand combat would be amazing, however, his ninjutsu would suffer. Also, Gai doesn't seem to emphasize planning or patience in his training, something that Naruto desparately needed to learn.

Asuma- He and Naruto are both Wind-type chakra users, so he'd benefit from maybe learning elemental manipulation earlier. Still, Asuma seems a little too laid back to be a teacher of Naruto. He mostly lets his students do as they please and uses bribes as incentives (like treating Chouji to dinner) for them to improve. He does connect with his students very well though. Especially Shikamaru.

Kurenai- She's a rookie jounin and very little is known about her training methods. She seems to be mainly a genjutsu type and would possibly have trouble teaching a student like Naruto who's fighting style is completely different. She taught Kiba though, who is in some ways a lot like Naruto, so I can't pass judgement on her.

Jiraiya- We've already seen some of Jiraiya's training. He taught Naruto Rasengan and how to use the Kyuubi jutsu. He was supposed to be Naruto's "ultimate" sensei. In the end though, it was Kakashi who recognized the best way to unlock Naruto's potential. Jiraiya overall seems to be a little too irresponsible in his training methods.

Now onto the sensei mentioned in the thread description

Zabuza - Despite being an S-class criminal, Zabuza seemed to be an excellent sensei. He put in a great amount of effort instructing Haku in the ways of shinobi. Of course, Haku also had great talent and was extremely obedient. Zabuza might've found Naruto to be too much trouble to train and would've either abandoned him killed him. But if Naruto could've somehow made it through the training he'd be a much, much more brutal ninja than he is now.

Itachi - Out of everyone on this list I think Itachi would make the worst sensei. He has tremendous talent, but he is too cold and arrogant. He also appears to hate teaching, he refused to teach his own brother simple shruiken techniques. Since most skills come naturally to him, the concept of someone needing extra practice and instruction to become good at a skill would probably seem odd to him and annoy him. The only potential Itachi would see in Naruto would be the Kyuubi, so he'd probably have him abuse the Kyuubi chakra. We'd see a Naruto who'd be able to better use demon chakra but would also be much more reliant on it, probably summoning the chakra at the very beginning of each battle.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 06:01   Link #3
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Oi...place [Manga] infront of the title...
Old 2006-11-19, 13:01   Link #4
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Zabuza - Despite being an S-class criminal, Zabuza seemed to be an excellent sensei. He put in a great amount of effort instructing Haku in the ways of shinobi. Of course, Haku also had great talent and was extremely obedient. Zabuza might've found Naruto to be too much trouble to train and would've either abandoned him killed him. But if Naruto could've somehow made it through the training he'd be a much, much more brutal ninja than he is now.

Itachi - Out of everyone on this list I think Itachi would make the worst sensei. He has tremendous talent, but he is too cold and arrogant. He also appears to hate teaching, he refused to teach his own brother simple shruiken techniques. Since most skills come naturally to him, the concept of someone needing extra practice and instruction to become good at a skill would probably seem odd to him and annoy him. The only potential Itachi would see in Naruto would be the Kyuubi, so he'd probably have him abuse the Kyuubi chakra. We'd see a Naruto who'd be able to better use demon chakra but would also be much more reliant on it, probably summoning the chakra at the very beginning of each battle.
-I know this question is difficult to answer, but I have good faith in that people will be able to surpass that little wall. Besides, you do not need to know the training methods of the people you mention to make a prediction. You can just as easily predict Naruto's "alter-self" based on the personality traits of those that have influenced him.

Spoiler:

-True, Zabuza may have found the "real" Naruto to be a little too annoying but I never said that the "alter" Naruto had to behave the same way. Remember, I placed virtually no limits on how you can "modify" Naruto. The only limits are the sensei and the biju. That aside I like the idea of a more brutal Naruto. In my mind, the "real" Naruto is far too kind for his own good.

-I have no quarel with this logic. But you got to admit, Naruto running on Kyuubi chakra exclusively would be an interesting predicament. He'd be to Itachi what Cerberus was to Hades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Oi...place [Manga] infront of the title...
-Done and done sir. Although I don't see why considering this thread is about collecting fanon ideas from people. Regardless I didas you suggested.
Old 2006-11-20, 03:11   Link #5
rasedori
akatsuki member

i think if naruto was on asumas team i t would be good because asuma is a wind chakra element. maybe asuma could teach it better than kakashi.
rasedori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-20, 05:54   Link #6
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

No...because then we would say:

IF Naruto was replacing Kankuro he'd be in the best team...because both his sensei, Temari & Gaara used wind jutsu's.

IF naruto really wants to know then he should ask Gaara..
Old 2006-11-21, 22:31   Link #7
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
No...because then we would say:

IF Naruto was replacing Kankuro he'd be in the best team...because both his sensei, Temari & Gaara used wind jutsu's.

IF naruto really wants to know then he should ask Gaara.
-Gaara? Don't you mean Temari or Baki? Gaara for the most part uses his sand as a means of fighting. The only time he uses Wind elemental jutsu (otherwise known as Fuuton) when he enters Shukaku-mode.

-Now Naruto growing up in Sunagakure, I like that idea. You just know that he'd be one badass S.O.B. Why? Recall the situation between Sunagakure and it's Feudal Lord. Because of military cutbacks, the 4th Kazekage needed to up the quality of each and every ninja. Ergo, we would get a much more serious, and deadly Naruto.
Old 2006-11-22, 16:45   Link #8
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

I'd like to see naruto on gai's team, replacing tenten. Gai would have a team of three ninjas who predominantly use taijutsu and who each have ego's concerning their battle prowess. It'd be fun to those 3 square off in a taijutsu only battle royale! This situation would also be humorous as you'd have sasuke on a team with tenten and sakura! The jokes practically write themselves!
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 01:44   Link #9
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
I like the contrast between Jiraiya and Kakashi's philosophies when it comes to training. As the 4th's teacher, Jiraiya works to unlock and use the Kyuubi that his student sealed within Naruto. As the 4th's student, Kakashi works on developing Naruto's ability explicitly taking the Kyuubi out of the picture. I wonder how the 4th would have trained Naruto.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 09:46   Link #10
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-I'd imagine he would be a much more impressive ninja than he is now. After all it's Yondaime you're talking about, the guy who's considered the greatest ninja that Konoha ever produced. Since he's still alive in your statement I'd imagine that Naruto wouldn't have the Kyuubi within him. So I guess he'd have Hiraishin or something...
Old 2006-11-24, 21:48   Link #11
ashez2ashes

Send a message via AIM to ashez2ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Kurenai- She's a rookie jounin and very little is known about her training methods. She seems to be mainly a genjutsu type and would possibly have trouble teaching a student like Naruto who's fighting style is completely different. She taught Kiba though, who is in some ways a lot like Naruto, so I can't pass judgement on her.
There's a very excellant fanfic where Kurenai is Naruto's sensei http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2731239/1/ that explores how his character and personality would change...

As for if he grew up in another village... The other ninja villages, especially what we've seen of Suna and Mist, seem to be way rougher places than Konoha. Sure Konoha shunned him, but no one tried to assasinate him. Without the third's laws and authority protecting him, Naruto could have turned out a lot like Gaara.
ashez2ashes is offline   Reply With Quote