AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-01, 14:11   Link #21
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Wow, another "unknown" band I must listen to !!! Nightmare has released many singles : really nice Jrock. Highly recommended.

I prefer the Opening than the ending : too depressing I guess...
Old 2006-11-03, 19:35   Link #22
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl View Post
Wow, another "unknown" band I must listen to !!! Nightmare has released many singles : really nice Jrock. Highly recommended.

I prefer the Opening than the ending : too depressing I guess...
Go hunt out their Anima album if you haven't already. I haven't heard that much of their stuff, I admit, but I heard that album a while back and remember really liking it. Was really surprised when I saw their name come up in the OP, especially as I loved the song from the first few seconds
Old 2006-11-04, 06:00   Link #23
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
Go hunt out their Anima album if you haven't already. I haven't heard that much of their stuff, I admit, but I heard that album a while back and remember really liking it. Was really surprised when I saw their name come up in the OP, especially as I loved the song from the first few seconds
Wha, I listened to it already ^^"
Hum, DN songs are rather soft, compared to their other songs. But really nice as you said.
Old 2006-11-04, 14:56   Link #24
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

I like a lot of Nightmare's stuff. Not my favorite band in the world, but the ending theme to Death Note is extremely catchy and fitting in my opinion.

-Elliot
Old 2006-11-15, 21:21   Link #25
michaelman90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
Spoiler for Manga, very major:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Although it starts out kinda slow, I like Alumina. I also agree that it's name was chosen just because it sounds cool.
Old 2006-12-03, 20:24   Link #26
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
The ending theme is nice. The intro goes along very well with the image of Light's demon-red eyes. The full version of the song doesn't seem as nice as the TV version though. It really needs to be paired with the visuals for the full effect.
Old 2006-12-07, 01:37   Link #27
Flame-X
Anti-fan

Nightmare is a Visual Kei band. Their music style varies from pop to metal, a bit like Dir en grey's.
I think both OP/ED fits fairly well to the anime's setting.
Old 2006-12-07, 16:48   Link #28
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

There wouldn't happen to a be a guitar tab of "The World" floating around, would there?
Old 2006-12-18, 18:31   Link #29
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

Does anybody know what the score is that plays when they show the flashback of Raito being all dramatic with the notebook? It's near the end of the first episode. Sounds choral.
Old 2006-12-18, 18:45   Link #30
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisago View Post
Does anybody know what the score is that plays when they show the flashback of Raito being all dramatic with the notebook? It's near the end of the first episode. Sounds choral.
Its one of the main theme's thats been played a lot through out the series - i'm pretty sure it'll appear on the OST thats released this Thursday.
Old 2006-12-25, 07:56   Link #31
StrawHatLuffy
L Lawliet

I think it's track 23, "Low of Solipsism" on the soundtrack.

Not a bad soundtrack at all. One of the few times I've seen an anime soundtrack with a choir. What's more, there are two composers working on it!
Old 2006-12-25, 08:11   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHatLuffy View Post
Not a bad soundtrack at all. One of the few times I've seen an anime soundtrack with a choir. What's more, there are two composers working on it!
Yoshihisa Hirano is behind the Composition to the series, so i'd say its just Hideki Taniuchi behind the soundtrack. Anyway, indeed its a good OST - the fact that the second part of it has all the darker themed tunes from the series makes it a certain win!
Old 2006-12-25, 13:11   Link #33
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Oh my God... being a major fan of Death Note and loving electric guitars, I definitely love this OST. It's just... awesome, especially the way it mixes piano with rock. I've noticed there're several tunes we didn't hear yet. Speaking of which, "Light Lights up light" is one of them, right? Nice tune, and very interesting name haha.

I'm very happy they included the BGM I loved the most and is totally my favorite (next to "Death Note"):
Spoiler for Ep 7:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisago View Post
Maybe it's soundtrack # 20 "Kyrie"?

Quote:
Yoshihisa Hirano is behind the Composition to the series, so i'd say its just Hideki Taniuchi behind the soundtrack. Anyway, indeed its a good OST - the fact that the second part of it has all the darker themed tunes from the series makes it a certain win!
Oh yesss it's definitely dark. Soundrtack # 25 " Immanence" scares the hell out of me.

One last thing, I wonder if anyone can translate each soundtrack's title? I know "Kodoku" means Solitude, but the rest...
Old 2006-12-25, 13:17   Link #34
belpegor
Banned

They might released another OST for the reminder of the series...they always do

Quote:
The OST for the anime finally has a release date.

Linky~

Hmm, with the series being 37 episodes - its got me wondering if we'll be getting more then one OST. So far there haven't been more then around 6/7 BGM's played - so just maybe this OST might be enough for the whole series.

Also, the idea of a DS game is just insane - but i'll play it. :3
Old 2006-12-25, 15:34   Link #35
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Tracks 1 to 17 are composed by Taniuchi Hideki, and tracks 18 to 28 by Yoshihisa Hirano. Before i mentioned about the second half of the OST having more of a darker theme, well it makes sense with the two different composers. Fav' tracks so far are the two L theme's, Rem, Death note theme, Kyrie, Low of Solipsism & Dirge - i'm very much loving all of it though.

As for a second OST, at the moment there are plenty of BGM's on the soundtrack that haven't been used - though it is 37 episodes, so it could happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
I'm very happy they included the BGM I loved the most and is totally my favorite (next to "Death Note"):
Spoiler for Ep 7:
Its actually amazing how much emotion runs through one track. When this series ends, i can still see myself saying that was the best part of the series.. done perfectly for manga readers with the track Dirge working perfectly. Very happy to see it appearing on the OST.
Old 2006-12-25, 21:55   Link #36
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Wow. The choral music on the soundtrack is great. At first something about those songs struck me as odd within the context of the show (too overdramatic, too religious, too christian maybe?) But either way, after hearing it on the soundtrack I really like it. My favorites are the Death Note theme, Kyrie, and Requiem. Dirge reminds me of Barber's adagio for strings.

The parts by the other composer sound like backing tracks to failed rock songs, except for L's themes which are pretty good. Oh well.
Old 2006-12-27, 07:25   Link #37
Sookan

I have to say my favourite is track 4. If I'm not mistaken, it appears in almost every episode. As well as track 19, which plays at the beginning of episode 4.
Listening through, it has all the familiar background music, well worth owning, in my opinion.
Old 2006-12-29, 02:39   Link #38
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Really, the first part is nothing compared to the second part. The latter is filled with awesomeness, and the best thing is that most of its tracks have not appeared in the anime yet.
Old 2007-01-13, 11:22   Link #39
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Better than the Op or Ed is L themes 1 and 2 . Track 11 is a treat to listen to in the whole ost

Quote:
Track 04 ' L no TE-MU ' ( L's Theme )

Track 11 ' L no TE-MU B ' ( L's Theme B )
Old 2007-01-14, 22:31   Link #40
Pakxenon
popcorn

Welcome to goth-metal/screamo/RAP/techno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7smvamE4QHc

Slated to be the next OP???
Closed Thread