AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Old 2011-04-03, 21:59   Link #241
ApostleOfGod
^.^

told myself this is going to be one of the watchable series of the season (LOL DOG DAYS)

and after watching episode 1

dam this is one of those series that are going to deliver, hopefully it doesn't fail later

not gonna lie though i got pretty pissed watching little girl get slapped like that

also the sudden forced situation of being sent off to a place comparable to child labour + hostile environment, really provoked something outta me

guess its cuz i felt like i been there before and i never wanna go back :3

but def recommend for anyone who has yet to check it out, probably the best show of the season

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 22:15   Link #242
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I'm guessing poor DVD sales because

Spoiler for true tears:
I'm sure there were people like that, but I don't really know. I have ideas though.
You can always go to 2ch yourself and ask... Though I think they don't allow people with non-JP IPs to post.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 23:10   Link #243
Kunagisa

I enjoyed [episode 1 of] the anime a lot more than the manga due to how they portrait the characters.

Ohana got spunk (the non-bitchy kind, how rare is that!). The couple of droplets and the yelling of frustration at the end gave a lot more character emotional depth than what other anime fail to do in an entire arc. I also had a favorable impression of Kou (despite a somewhat lackluster exit), but he progressed quite fast (in terms of anime speed) and also very honest. Aside from that though, the other characters were quite boring (I had high hopes for Nako too ).

Should be interesting to see the characters continue to develop though
Spoiler for minor speculation:
Here's hoping plot will not disappoint.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 23:16   Link #244
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Ohana got spunk (the non-bitchy kind, how rare is that!).
Not exceedingly so! But, due to that being my favorite character type, I may very well be biased!
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 23:39   Link #245
Dr. Casey

good episode imo
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 23:45   Link #246
zeth006

Is it just me....or

Spoiler for Spoiler:

WTH!!!! I have high hopes for this series. I hope they don't get spoiled!
zeth006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 00:02   Link #247
D-Gold
Aurum

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeth006 View Post
Is it just me....or

Spoiler for Spoiler:

WTH!!!! I have high hopes for this series. I hope they don't get spoiled!
Spoiler for ep 1 uncle:
Old 2011-04-04, 00:16   Link #248
zeth006

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Gold View Post
Spoiler for ep 1 uncle:
Spoiler for NO:
Old 2011-04-04, 00:22   Link #249
paladinenvec

The Animation was simply superb, the first episode was well paced and the it left me with a nice impression wanting for more, this is one type of anime that i was hungry for, i'm getting bored from harem,ero,fanservice,battle based anime's ,so this one, Hana-Saku Irona is an oasis in the middle of the desert , i hope that the show mantains this quality.
Ohana's pretty likeable , the other ones were kind of "Meh" but i think that it was because this episode is only the pilote episod which introduces the characters and after this one the characters will develop.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 00:27   Link #250
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Gold View Post
Spoiler for ep 1 uncle:
What was it established that he was the uncle? I thought that was the other guy?
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 00:37   Link #251
zeth006

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
What was it established that he was the uncle? I thought that was the other guy?
Ok, maybe the glasses are a bit different, so I might be mixing two guys. Still...they COULD do a better job of distinguishing the characters via the drawings!

Spoiler for But still...:
Old 2011-04-04, 00:38   Link #252
iceyfw

some of you guys have the uncle and the other guy mixed up. and the grandma is such a bitch. sorry for my profanity, but it's the only way i can describe her relationship with the granddaughter. if the character of the grandma doesn't change her atittude towards the granddaughter anytime soon, i'll drop this and continue onto something else. it's pretty obvious the grandma is taking her anger out on the granddaughter just because of the mom.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 00:39   Link #253
zeth006

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
What "other guy?" I think he was shown once, now that I realize my mistake.
Old 2011-04-04, 00:41   Link #254
zeth006

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
some of you guys have the uncle and the other guy mixed up. and the grandma is such a bitch. sorry for my profanity, but it's the only way i can describe her relationship with the granddaughter. if the character of the grandma doesn't change her atittude towards the granddaughter anytime soon, i'll drop this and continue onto something else. it's pretty obvious the grandma is taking her anger out on the granddaughter just because of the mom.
Patience. I've seen so many anime that I can already see the trajectory this one is going to go, assuming things turn ok. I kind of knew the grandma wasn't throwing candy. I thought she was going to toss a brick or a heavy pack or something. As for being mean...come on. Use your imagination. The two will grow into each other...to some extent. It's all part of character development. Growing and maturing through relationships and hardships.

The grandma would be pointless if she were mean/cruel for the whole series. If this were a true television drama series, she'd get killed off for not having any point. But she will. I'm sure of it.

Just my $0.02. April is finals study month. In between reviewing material and prepping, I'm going to watch this along with a few new/old series.
Old 2011-04-04, 00:52   Link #255
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Patience. I've seen so many anime that I can already see the trajectory this one is going to go, assuming things turn ok. I kind of knew the grandma wasn't throwing candy. I thought she was going to toss a brick or a heavy pack or something. As for being mean...come on. Use your imagination. The two will grow into each other...to some extent. It's all part of character development. Growing and maturing through relationships and hardships.

The grandma would be pointless if she were mean/cruel for the whole series. If this were a true television drama series, she'd get killed off for not having any point. But she will. I'm sure of it.

Just my $0.02. April is finals study month. In between reviewing material and prepping, I'm going to watch this along with a few new/old series.
I have to agree with him. The grandmother already is being considerate by taking Ohana in as an employee even though she disowned her mother and obviously doesn't have any [outward] feelings towards her. She's being strict because Ohana's just another person to her, but I feel like they'll definitely settle into a familial relationship, even if it takes until the end of the series and the grandmother remains tsundere strict.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 01:09   Link #256
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

The one who I felt annoyed by is the girl who kept telling her to "die."
That really isn't something you should say to anyone, much less someone who was recently abandoned by her single parent to run off with some guy.

The Grandmother will warm up to her eventually (and I honestly though she gained some respect for her granddaughter when she demanded to be punished as well), so I have no real beef with her.

All of the above said, I'm very impressed by the show, so I'll definitely be watching.
Old 2011-04-04, 01:26   Link #257
iceyfw

Quote:
As for being mean...come on. Use your imagination. The two will grow into each other...to some extent. It's all part of character development. Growing and maturing through relationships and hardships.
you make it sound like i lack imagination. of course their relationship is going to develop into something considering the genre type of this anime, but the problem is how long will it take it to happen since this is most likely a one course. i have a feeling they are going to drag it out until the very end (like episode 11).
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 01:32   Link #258
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

This is basically a Victorian novel, except it's interesting and has better characters. The writing is surprisingly good, so I doubt it'll develop a creepy obsession with arbitrarily torturing its cast. Could be one of the best shows this season.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 01:36   Link #259
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
....since this is most likely a one course.
It's been confirmed that this is a 2 cour (26 episodes)
Old 2011-04-04, 01:36   Link #260
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

A few freebie avatars from episode 1.

Feel free to take, and more to come!

Tags
comedy, coming of age, drama, p.a. works, pa works, romance, slice of life