AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima f - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 15 22.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 16.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 20.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 13.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 7.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.97%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 5.97%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 4.48%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-26, 17:24   Link #61
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Oh, I was under the impression that they 'skipped' alot of material due to time constraints, but the animated portions were mostly from the novel. Guess they had to change alot of stuff as well to cram it in 12 epispodes
Old 2012-03-26, 18:26   Link #62
GDB

They've been drastically changing stuff since the middle of season 1, and they stopped really caring about how much they changed in season 2. It's certainly not inclusive to season 4.
Old 2012-03-26, 20:04   Link #63
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They've been drastically changing stuff since the middle of season 1, and they stopped really caring about how much they changed in season 2. It's certainly not inclusive to season 4.
There is still an apparent difference, though. In the early seasons (particularly the middle two), they made changes to the anime despite having the flexibility to adapt the source as they more or less chose (to a certain point). With the last season, a few things notwithstanding, they appeared to be trying to gloss over all the novel content with about as much care as they could do given that they had about 20 minutes per novel (which is to say, not nearly enough by a long shot to be true to the source). I think what Nochgo is saying is still true to a certain degree that, in this season's case, the main enemy was the episode count, and not so much willingness to acknowledge the novels.

I do think, though, that strict faithfulness to the novels was never an objective of the production from day one. And to be fair, back in those days, it wasn't as common for anime to follow their source material as strictly as can sometimes happens now. I think expectations have changed a bit over the years (perhaps in part because of shows like this).

Anyway, these are things that should probably be discussed in the overall impressions thread, since it really isn't about Episode 12 in particular.
Old 2012-03-27, 04:29   Link #64
Forever
Revealing the truth

Ah apparently anyone can get away with stealing planes in Japan. Time for me to go there get one for my collection....
Old 2012-03-27, 08:24   Link #65
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
There is still an apparent difference, though. In the early seasons (particularly the middle two), they made changes to the anime despite having the flexibility to adapt the source as they more or less chose (to a certain point). With the last season, a few things notwithstanding, they appeared to be trying to gloss over all the novel content with about as much care as they could do given that they had about 20 minutes per novel (which is to say, not nearly enough by a long shot to be true to the source). I think what Nochgo is saying is still true to a certain degree that, in this season's case, the main enemy was the episode count, and not so much willingness to acknowledge the novels.

I do think, though, that strict faithfulness to the novels was never an objective of the production from day one. And to be fair, back in those days, it wasn't as common for anime to follow their source material as strictly as can sometimes happens now. I think expectations have changed a bit over the years (perhaps in part because of shows like this).

Anyway, these are things that should probably be discussed in the overall impressions thread, since it really isn't about Episode 12 in particular.
I think Znt anime is part of the reason attitudes towards shows changed. The ZnT novels is pretty popular while anime season one had a good run all and all it just wasnt all that great as one could expect and one of the reasons to blame was a lot of changes placed in the storyline.

Season one already made changes (not needed to fit the but simply for a variety). This however eventually came to bite them in the ass as others seasons that followed had to take in those changes and write the scenes similar but still different based on the changes. The fact that for a season 2 and 3 they had horrible director and script writer teamwork did not help the matters any.

Season 4 tried to follow the novels more but with the screw ups coming mostly from season 2 and 3 and a very compressed rate it was impossible to do. It could be done bit better but not much.

Season 4 could be better but the main blame still goes to shitty season 2 and 3 as well as the need to fit a whole freaking novel volume in 20 minutes while other shows usually take 4 episodes at least on one volume.

On the other hand the shows that followed closely the source usually did better than those that did not. And the argument that "it would be boring you need something new to surprise those who read the novels" lost any credibility.

All and all I think ZnT certainly played its role as a bad example of what heppens when anime practically rapes the source plotline and the struggles trying to create their own (whic in ZnT case mostly consisted of the variety of numbers boobs bounced and Louise ran explosion on Saito).
Old 2012-03-27, 11:34   Link #66
judasmartel
*Author

If they really want to cram a lot of material into four 12-episode seasons, methinks they should cut down on the fanservice, yeah?
Old 2012-03-27, 16:24   Link #67
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
If they really want to cram a lot of material into four 12-episode seasons, methinks they should cut down on the fanservice, yeah?
They still had to at least follow up with the seasons two and three that sucked totally and the main plotline was called boobs but there were people who were watching for this so cuting it completely off would have been too drastic.

All and all a lot of leads to the two seasons before that were made by the incapable and very unsuited for the job people and the need to cram a lots of stuff in in the last season.
Old 2012-03-27, 21:16   Link #68
Texas84
よろしく

I don't know what to rate this. Both stupid as hell and a lot of fun. Queen in battle gear. Day-um! Took a screen shot of her. Massive facepalm on the F-16 but the animation was pretty slick. Loved the ending when they go to Japan. So I'll give the series 5/10 and the final 8/10.
Old 2012-03-27, 21:31   Link #69
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas84 View Post
I don't know what to rate this. Both stupid as hell and a lot of fun. Queen in battle gear. Day-um! Took a screen shot of her. Massive facepalm on the F-16 but the animation was pretty slick. Loved the ending when they go to Japan. So I'll give the series 5/10 and the final 8/10.
That's about the only badass thing in the show aside from Delf.
Old 2012-03-27, 23:01   Link #70
Echoes

I was going to comment on that.

She looks... divine.
Old 2012-03-27, 23:12   Link #71
judasmartel
*Author

She looks like Saint Joan of Arc whenever she wears her battle armor.
Old 2012-03-28, 15:32   Link #72
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
At least the very end wasn't bad. I mean actually having those two get together and married is something I didn't expect. Not that this will necessarily stop things with Saito's level of harem. Even willing to ignore the lack of logic that they needed the now non-existent power to open the portal enough so he and Louise can start visiting his world. Considering that I almost expected some sad harem scene to end the series, I'll take this.

Still this does make me worry about how easy it is to steal military jets.

Overall it could be worse. This series gave up any chance of a solid conclusion once things long before this final season got started. In the end it wasn't that bad as an episode. Fought a dragon, killed a dragon, and the main couple got together. All things considered I'll take it.
Old 2012-03-28, 18:24   Link #73
HunterXZelos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSpeed View Post
I hate how they didn't show the 4th Familiars.

We know Louise, Tiffania and Pope. BUT WHO THE HECK IS THE 4th familiar. This is still not completed yet.

Anyone know who's the 4h void user?

Really good ending. I want to see what they did in Saito world.
Spoiler for 4th Void:
Old 2012-03-28, 19:12   Link #74
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
She looks like Saint Joan of Arc whenever she wears her battle armor.
Nono! She is SABER!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2012-03-29, 10:34   Link #75
judasmartel
*Author

Ah, yes, SABER indeed.
Old 2012-04-06, 00:17   Link #76
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Well happy to see the series have a happy ending, good to see Saito finally going back to see his family. I was truly hoping to see what his family is like.
Old 2012-04-10, 12:06   Link #77
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

If it wasn't that i really loved this series from the very beginning, despite all the incoherences and what not, i would have disliked this. I started watching animes just last year, and this was one of the very first titles i came across. I never read the novel, but just sticked to the anime adaption, because at the time i cared only for animes. After having watched the 3 seasons i didn't feel like reading the last volumes, so i just waited for the 4th season. I felt like many things were rushed, but i was still able to accept them.

I'm in a state where i like this series so much that i am able to forgive all the bullshit they threw in there, just smiling at them and wondering "what if".

But getting on an objective point of view, seriously:
Spoiler for much spoilers:

The second half of the last season felt rushed like hell, many characters faded away just after one episode, and i could list an infinite amount of incoherences and what not... Despite that, i still loved this series.
Old 2012-04-16, 10:22   Link #78
M.A.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
If it wasn't that i really loved this series from the very beginning, despite all the incoherences and what not, i would have disliked this. I started watching animes just last year, and this was one of the very first titles i came across. I never read the novel, but just sticked to the anime adaption, because at the time i cared only for animes. After having watched the 3 seasons i didn't feel like reading the last volumes, so i just waited for the 4th season. I felt like many things were rushed, but i was still able to accept them.

I'm in a state where i like this series so much that i am able to forgive all the bullshit they threw in there, just smiling at them and wondering "what if".

But getting on an objective point of view, seriously:
Spoiler for much spoilers:

The second half of the last season felt rushed like hell, many characters faded away just after one episode, and i could list an infinite amount of incoherences and what not... Despite that, i still loved this series.
My best advice would be to either read the novels, or go to the novel thread and read the summaries. All 20 volumes were summarized there.

Alternatively, I can try and answer your questions

Warning: Novel's spoiler alert. Open at own risk

Spoiler for Answers:
Old 2012-04-21, 00:25   Link #79
Calca
Expressionless

Being a fan of this anime, I wanted to see how everything ended up. I would have liked if I had a preference to have a small arc in Saito's world with the mages seeing advanced technology is more potent than the magics they had.

The ending felt kind of rushed from a dragon dying to a sudden proposal. I also know that from reading a small part of the novels that the eclipse thing shouldn't even be there. I look forward to eventually reading the novels to have a more complete ending to this story.

Good series from a strictly anime standpoint. I think the fact that it was adapted from a LN kind of made fans turn on it due to some decisions but that it to be expected. I try to be objective in certain animes that are based of LN from a standpoint of watching it as an original anime but it can prove to be hard sometime.
Old 2012-07-25, 11:31   Link #80
BasilxHawkins
Der Magier

I have to say there are many unanswered questions like Whats with the Waterghost. They didnt gave her the ring back id they? Or woudnt it be stupid When nobody cares that a gate to another World opens in the middle of Tokio? And how did Saitos parents react when he comes back after more than 2 years and just says Hi, this is my Wife from another World oO. So maybe Eiji will surprise us with some more season where this or any other questions will be answered.
Closed Thread