AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-04-08, 19:45   Link #301
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
hunter x hunter
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 20:23   Link #302
Scab
Saizen
*Fansubber

Um, all of HxH has been subbed.
Scab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 18:47   Link #303
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Miyuki, oh lordy, let someone finish it. You know you want to.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 04:47   Link #304
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Miyuki, oh lordy, let someone finish it. You know you want to.
Indeed.

But the only group that, in my belief, might actually pick that series is Minor Ja Nai, but that'll only happen if they can get a translator. Hellas, the lack of interested translators has been their major problem so far in what fansubbing older series (like Hiatari Ryokou) is concerned. :\
Old 2007-04-11, 12:19   Link #305
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Happiness! since is a 13ep series >.> i still eager to wait patiently to see its ending though i probably know it but still......more romance,ecchiness+comedy
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 22:00   Link #306
wolfrain

Mama wa Shougaku Yonensei (Mama is a 4th grader). Geez, it's been four months since the last episode was up. And it's still stuck on episode 5. That was one of my childhood animes but I never got the chance to finish it. Please.
wolfrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 00:15   Link #307
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfrain View Post
Mama wa Shougaku Yonensei (Mama is a 4th grader). Geez, it's been four months since the last episode was up. And it's still stuck on episode 5. That was one of my childhood animes but I never got the chance to finish it. Please.
6 is in timing, whenever sd get the DVD :P
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 00:42   Link #308
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
Happiness! since is a 13ep series >.> i still eager to wait patiently to see its ending though i probably know it but still......more romance,ecchiness+comedy
Yeah, its been stalled for quite a while now and I can't seem to find any up to date info on the main group that was subbing it. I hope someone else picks it up (or the original group does a come back) as it was a fun series that I was enjoying.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 20:58   Link #309
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Love Get Chu doesn't seem to be stalled as long as some other series mentioned, but I'd still like to finish it, even with all of the other series on my viewing list at the same time.
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 13:58   Link #310
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I guess it depends on how one defines the term "stalled"... but when a group is following a pattern and then suddenly deviates wildly from that release pattern -- I'd call that a stalled series, especially when the broadcast is long over....

Given that view of what "stalled" means, I've got six series now that are "stalled" or experiencing long delays for a variety of reasons.

Manabi Straight, Hidamari Sketch, Nadesico Yamato Shichi Henge, Tokimeki, Chocotto Sister, Hataraki Man... (I guess I'm dropping Negima!? as I was underimpressed by my raw viewings but it is idling as well).

Most of those haven't been actively *dropped* by anyone (or at least announced as dropped) but after a burst of relatively consistent releases - each has experienced an eerie quiet with little or no information about the situation noted on the various sub groups websites.

My main worry is that as the "new bright shiny things" keep appearing each season, the impetus and commitment to finish older projects fades. People are human after all.
Old 2007-04-18, 14:13   Link #311
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I guess it depends on how one defines the term "stalled"... but when a group is following a pattern and then suddenly deviates wildly from that release pattern -- I'd call that a stalled series, especially when the broadcast is long over....

Given that view of what "stalled" means, I've got six series now that are "stalled" or experiencing long delays for a variety of reasons.

Manabi Straight, Hidamari Sketch, Nadesico Yamato Shichi Henge, Tokimeki, Chocotto Sister, Hataraki Man... (I guess I'm dropping Negima!? as I was underimpressed by my raw viewings but it is idling as well).

Most of those haven't been actively *dropped* by anyone (or at least announced as dropped) but after a burst of relatively consistent releases - each has experienced an eerie quiet with little or no information about the situation noted on the various sub groups websites.

My main worry is that as the "new bright shiny things" keep appearing each season, the impetus and commitment to finish older projects fades. People are human after all.
Hataraki Man was finished 2 weeks ago.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 15:12   Link #312
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hai, hai.... I've had several people beat me over the head on Hataraki Man... somehow I missed the releases while scanning for "things to acquire".

Thanks to everyone for the head-bonking
Old 2007-04-20, 16:09   Link #313
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Manabi Straight, Hidamari Sketch, Nadesico Yamato Shichi Henge, Tokimeki, Chocotto Sister, Hataraki Man...
The only one of those I was following was Chocotto Sister but I do hope they continue subbing that one (and for that matter, the scanlations seem to be stalled a bit, too). I thought it was a really nice little series (and the manga is beautifuly drawn, too) so I hope I get to view and read the rest of it.

Quote:
(I guess I'm dropping Negima!? as I was underimpressed by my raw viewings but it is idling as well).
I feel kind of the same way. I was following the Negima!? subs and thought the series actually has some potential at first, but they seemed to squander that potention with a shakey story-line, shallow characters, and increasingly lame "humor". I'd probably finish watching it if it ever gets completly subbed, but its not a title I'm especially excited about any more.
Old 2007-05-10, 04:31   Link #314
Haruhi

Lemon Angel Project episode 8 to 13 minischorp really stoped subbing it.
Haruhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 05:58   Link #315
StrawHatLuffy23

Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love~
StrawHatLuffy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 16:10   Link #316
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Looks like *all* the Ryoumi projects are in some peril/delay/stall because (at least according to the IRC channel news) they're splitting off into two new groups so people can focus on what they want to.

I'm a bit concerned that their shows will get left in limbo.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-05-14 at 22:45.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 04:44   Link #317
Crovax
A2000A
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Crovax Send a message via AIM to Crovax Send a message via MSN to Crovax Send a message via Yahoo to Crovax
I'm not with Ryoumi, so don't take my word to be anything official or w/e. But personally I wouldn't expect projects like Venus vs. Virus (with 2 other groups having finished it already) and Manabi Straight (with several groups much further along than they were) to be salvaged. (Unless it is in a DVD-ripped form.)

I'll would think that a few of the more 'Ryoumi'-dependent projects are being given a new home, either with one of the split groups or with other third-party groups. So I would suggest not worrying too much about things such as Tokimeki and other unsubbed projects yet, it is in nobody's best interest for those projects to be forgotten, including theirs. I expect we'll start seeing releases by the 'heirs' of Ryoumi before long. ;-)

Personally, I would like to see Kirarin Revolution picked up. It does not look like Nihon no Kiseki will be finishing that. The last new ep they released was ep 2 in August of 2006, and there are 56 episodes out so far. It's officially listed as stalled.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-05-16 at 05:02.
Crovax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 14:19   Link #318
chaos4ever
Retired
*Fansubber

Tokimeki is being actively subbed by c1anime as well

Nadesico Yamato Shichi Henge is being done by Kyuuketsuki, and Hidamari Sketch seems to have been picked up by gg recently, while Shintani released less than two weeks ago.

I wouldn't call any of these three series stalled, slow releases are a better description. It's only been less than a month since their respective last releases. imo, "stalling" is reserved for indefinite delays due to various internal problems, probably most likely due to the lack of resources.

And like what Crovax said, if Ryoumi's projects do get dropped, there are plenty of other fansubs you can look at, for most of them.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-05-16 at 22:51. Reason: This is the third post I've had to edit in a row and it is not amusing any more... PLEASE STOP!
chaos4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 14:31   Link #319
Coolgurl
Editor
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
Personally, I would like to see Kirarin Revolution picked up. It does not look like Nihon no Kiseki will be finishing that.
I second this notion.
Coolgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 16:16   Link #320
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
Good news and bad news regarding Happiness!

The good news is it appears that another group has taken up fansubbing the series (the same group that subbed the recent OVA). The bad news is that they have restarted with episode 1 so it will be a while before they get to the later episodes that were never subbed by the previous group.