3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.81%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.81%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-12, 19:18   Link #81
Nu Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NominalBeast View Post

I like the new OP (being a the brilliant green fan, why wouldn't I?). Haven't seen the sequence yet, but I like the song. Can't wait for the lyric to get translated. Haven't seen the ED yet. Youtube is not turning up anything.

To see the ED search "Gundam 00 OP" and arrange by date added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
The first part, you won the bet. The second part still remains to be seen.

All up to interpretation, my good man.
Nu Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 19:48   Link #82
NominalBeast
Evolved Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu Gundam View Post
To see the ED search "Gundam 00 OP" and arrange by date added.
Found the High Res. Version. Loading...

The Setsuna-intruding-royal-quarters thing got me thinking. Do they really even care about Marina? Sure that she's pretty much just the figurehead, but there's is a minimum of security level that you have to maintain. So far, security is abysmal. They should have at least detected Exia. And it can't be that the people trusts CB enough to just let them barge into Her Highness royal quarters.

The writer confuses me.
NominalBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 19:54   Link #83
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
I wonder how long this little alliance between the world powers will last. I can't help but ponder, Will CB become the villians soon? The only wild card is Ali Al Sarshes, and i just have a bad feeling that he will become a part of Celestial Being, but that is just my silly prediction.

The blonde haired Guy, Joshua I think. Will be a thorn in Grahams side, I can just feel it. Given his expression he looks like the type to kill allies to advance himself, but of course thats just another prediction. Maybe he'll try to sabatoge Graham.

I was thinking that Graham has masked man potentional, But Ali seems to have the edge in terms of scheming, Identities, and now he seems to be getting a red Enact. Of course if my prediction about him joing CB becomes true and he dons a mask.... let me stop there. My imagination was running wild there.

Last edited by Crusader; 2008-01-12 at 19:57. Reason: poor typing
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 19:56   Link #84
ctrl-z
Un Nuovo Mondo

lol skimmed the episode... if the part where Setsuna does his midnight visit to Azadistan starts right after the 20-min mark, then maybe Exia was cloaked? (Can it move when it has active-camo on?)

Anyways, as a Graham fan, gotta love the part in the new OP when he launches in his Flag and the reflection of a targeting reticle appears on his HUD and he smirks... and then when he's clashing with Lockon, Lockon also smirks. That strikes me as more "Char"-like than Ali and his hot-blooded, mouth-wide-open grin. (For people who read Steven Erikson, the juxtaposition made me think of the "hot iron/cold iron" comparison.)
ctrl-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 20:28   Link #85
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I gotta say. . . as good as the first one.

In a lot of anime when they get past the first opening, the songs start sucking. In this case, nice. . . pretty cool animated opening sequence too. Me like!!!

Allelujah vs. Soma
Lockon vs. Graham
Setsuna vs. Ali

let's get it on!
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 20:40   Link #86
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
The only wild card is Ali Al Sarshes, and i just have a bad feeling that he will become a part of Celestial Being, but that is just my silly prediction.

Of course if my prediction about him joing CB becomes true and he dons a mask.... let me stop there. My imagination was running wild there.
I'd love to know how you came up with the idea of Ali joining CB, 'cause i can't see it happening in a million years.
Old 2008-01-12, 20:53   Link #87
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
[spoiler=original]Other hand Ali seems to be just fighting for personal gain.
Like I said, that depends (on how you look at it). After all, revenge is just another form self-gratification, and that's the type of personal gain Char was fighting for, mainly.

Anyways, that's all I want to say about this topic in this thread.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 21:28   Link #88
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Something about the new intro. . . who ends up Tieria's big rival? Everyone seems to have one but him.

Things I see for Ali. . .
A) He realizes he's a twad and does something good for a change.
or
B) He kills the Gundam Throne pilots and steals their robots with his gang. Red custom Enact to Red custom Gundam. . . hmm.
or
c) he stays the way he is and receives upgraded Enacts on a regular basis, remaining a rival as he is, w/ no Gundam.

Anyhow, Patrick sure does look a lot like Ali. I don't know. . . they look almost related.

Patrick joins the hunt for Ali if Ali manages to steal Gundams and keep them for himself? Does CB need a clown?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 22:25   Link #89
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Something about the new intro. . . who ends up Tieria's big rival? Everyone seems to have one but him.

Things I see for Ali. . .
A) He realizes he's a twad and does something good for a change.
or
B) He kills the Gundam Throne pilots and steals their robots with his gang. Red custom Enact to Red custom Gundam. . . hmm.
or
c) he stays the way he is and receives upgraded Enacts on a regular basis, remaining a rival as he is, w/ no Gundam.
Personally, I rather not see an vast changes of mobile suits like it was something to create in finger snap.

Hopefully Ali's Enact, and maybe some other mobile suits in the series will get revamped for better performance. I mean, Harry Ord did use the SUMO like a pro and made it shine in Turn-A Gundam given the nature of the series, it'd be enjoyable to see the point where we see characters living up to their given reputation using normal suits doing pretty amazing things in Gundam 00.

As for tieria, I bet he blows up Veda(?) or something I could imagine his character going a 180 and thinking twice about his former actions and doing something about it. But that's just wild speculation.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 02:20   Link #90
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
THe op and ed are really good. I am happy about them.

I wouldn't be surprise if Ali is related to Patrick.... maybe long lost brothers?

As for Veda... it reminds me too much of Grand Mother from Terra E for my liking.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 03:37   Link #91
NominalBeast
Evolved Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
I gotta say. . . as good as the first one.

In a lot of anime when they get past the first opening, the songs start sucking. In this case, nice. . . pretty cool animated opening sequence too. Me like!!!

Allelujah vs. Soma
Lockon vs. Graham
Setsuna vs. Ali

let's get it on!
No, fellow Gunota.

HEAVEN OR HELL, LET'S ROCK!

>As for Veda... it reminds me too much of Grand Mother from Terra E for my liking.

Speaking of which, where IS Veda? Were we ever told?
Old 2008-01-13, 03:43   Link #92
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The whole Marina/Setsuna thing should've ended with this to save its absurdity.

Spoiler for I had too much free time.:

Edit : spoiler tag fixed.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2008-01-13 at 03:54.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 03:43   Link #93
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
I was actually thinking about that computer system in Evangelion that the name escapes me right now... Trinity? Though it doesn't seem Veda is split into three different parts that make decisions. More along the lines of giving info on what are likely to happen and the rankings of people (Gundam Meisters).
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 03:52   Link #94
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
The whole Marina/Setsuna thing should've ended with this to save its absurdity.

Spoiler for I had too much free time.:
Your SUPREME EPICNESS follows you wherever you go doesn't it?!?!?!?!

Quote:
I was actually thinking about that computer system in Evangelion that the name escapes me right now... Trinity? Though it doesn't seem Veda is split into three different parts that make decisions. More along the lines of giving info on what are likely to happen and the rankings of people (Gundam Meisters).
The name you're looking for is MAGI

And no, Veda seems to be a single mind, unless it's revealed to be composed of three parts. Also, Veda seems more than that, as not only does Veda choose the Gundam Meisters, but Chall Acoustica from 00F had to ASK PERMISSION from Veda to form Fereshte.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 03:57   Link #95
NominalBeast
Evolved Lurker

Quote:
The Magi?

With Veda, the possibility of it containing Aeolia's brain is very high. I mean, people actually listens to it (well, most of the time).
Old 2008-01-13, 06:08   Link #96
ipernorris

Uhm... the fate of the world will be decided by a computer?
I don't like that at all, and I work in it, so I'm not a luddist.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 06:37   Link #97
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
BTW, Was it ever told specifically, that Aeolia was the one who founded CB?
I mean just because he was the one in the declaration doesn't necessarily mean, that he was the first one. Maybe the organisation is much older, and he was "just" a member who greatly influenced its policy.
Official sources, including the sidestory mangas (00P), have mentioned that Aeolia did establish Celestial Being.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-01-13, 06:43   Link #98
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

It looks like those three "new" gundams have a dragoon system!! COOL!!! I always loved watching the animation for that type of attack in seed and destiny. YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!
Old 2008-01-13, 07:08   Link #99
NominalBeast
Evolved Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Official sources, including the sidestory mangas (00P), have mentioned that Aeolia did establish Celestial Being.
The sources also say that he died in space, right? It doesn't sound his body was ever found or recovered by anyone outside CB. With all the geniuses in CB, shouldn't there be one that discovered how to preserve Aeolia's brain onto a computer?

Allelujah is such a nice boy.
Old 2008-01-13, 07:13   Link #100
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NominalBeast View Post
The sources also say that he died in space, right? It doesn't sound his body was ever found or recovered by anyone outside CB. With all the geniuses in CB, shouldn't there be one that discovered how to preserve Aeolia's brain onto a computer?
He was last seen going into space... no idea on what happened to him afterwards. For all we know, anything's possible at this point.