AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-27, 08:38   Link #21
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

To be honest, I never really gave Yin any attention nor ever considered her a love interest for Hei. I was supporting Misaki at the beginning and then Amber came along the way. The only reason I got a bit interested in her was because of the manga.

It's Suou vs Yin now...
Old 2009-10-27, 08:55   Link #22
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
To be honest, I never really gave Yin any attention nor ever considered her a love interest for Hei. I was supporting Misaki at the beginning and then Amber came along the way. The only reason I got a bit interested in her was because of the manga.

It's Suou vs Yin now...
I started liking her since she "helped" Hei retrieve the meteor fragment from the gate. And then tsundere Kirsi appeared and she had my heart. <3
Old 2009-11-05, 01:02   Link #23
Sigsig

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
I started liking her since she "helped" Hei retrieve the meteor fragment from the gate. And then tsundere Kirsi appeared and she had my heart. <3
I liked her since she began having a personality, instead of just being a Doll
Old 2009-11-05, 01:38   Link #24
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Began with the Yin arc, for me. She was so adorable as a child, and her story is tragic as hell--then you have that whole false-smile thing. And she starts to have feelings again. It's awesome.
Old 2009-11-05, 03:14   Link #25
Arissa

Yin is the main arc that encourages me to watch Darker than Black when I view this poster.I knew something special about her

Spoiler for size:

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
And then tsundere Kirsi appeared and she had my heart. <3
Indeed,Tsundere Kirsi <3
Old 2009-11-05, 05:37   Link #26
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
But still it certainly ridiculous to think about Yin as a real love interest. She's more like a new sister figure for Hei.
Though she may think about him otherwise...

Same with Misaki somehow. She had with Hei(and Li-kun) a certainly interesting development. If Li-kun were his original face he would've came to love her, but it was only a facade of his. And he knew well how dangerous and impractical to start a relationship with someone who actually chases him(BK-201) most of the time.

And most of all I can't consider Yin as a real love interest because even if she had emotions it's not much and she had no other qualities other than her ability. She's a totally one-dimensional character who barely speaks. Her arc was nice though...
Old 2009-11-06, 15:14   Link #27
Avira
fanart-fan :D

I always thought Hei and Yin were both sort of tragic and lost characters and they had their sweet moments which won me over^^
Old 2009-11-07, 12:21   Link #28
IchiCC

Where is my Yin? D:
Old 2009-11-07, 14:01   Link #29
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
I always thought Hei and Yin were both sort of tragic and lost characters and they had their sweet moments which won me over^^
Let's see...(I might've missed some but please feel free to add on)

Spoiler for "S1 spoilers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiCC View Post
Where is my Yin? D:
Same question we've been asking since episode 1 :P
Old 2009-11-07, 14:11   Link #30
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

But only in the end they're somewhat close. Li-kun/Misaki scenes are still much better. I still can't understand what's soo good in the emotionless lolis like her.
Felli(from CSR) is somewhat like that too, but she's at least able to respond(quite well!). She's five times better than a passive Yin. She did few things, but does she actually have much personality until the end?
Old 2009-11-08, 02:26   Link #31
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
But only in the end they're somewhat close. Li-kun/Misaki scenes are still much better. I still can't understand what's soo good in the emotionless lolis like her.
Felli(from CSR) is somewhat like that too, but she's at least able to respond(quite well!). She's five times better than a passive Yin. She did few things, but does she actually have much personality until the end?
I was surprised at myself for liking Yin so much mainly cuz I'm not so much of a moe fan. Kind of like I will choose Asuka Langley over Rei Ayanami on any given day or Tomoyo over that girl with the cockroach antennae (forgot her name, lol).

I suppose she might have not much of a personality as compared to the other females Hei's harem in the show but what I related to the most was her subtle attempts at regaining her emotions if not her humanity.

For a character like her that's supposedly been "programmed" to function just enough to survive, her actions that defy (quite consistently too) this assumption makes one think: What changed? Why? How? Change is something very human and real. It might not be who she was as Kirsi but just like what Amber said, she (Yin) and everyone else were slowly changing. That, I think is very endearing.
Old 2009-11-08, 04:22   Link #32
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

I bet you're going to like Felli's character then. But why it's so much touching for a supposedly not human regaining/gaining human emotions? They're still without character if they don't get enough focus. And those kind of things are somewhat cliche. Almost every robot girl(especially in harem shows) slowly gains emotions through love. Yin is somehow like that. I don't doubt her importance in the story, but I can't understand why she has so many fans. Just because she looks adorable as emotionless loli? Somehow my hatred for moe incerereaced further...
Old 2009-11-08, 05:29   Link #33
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
I bet you're going to like Felli's character then. But why it's so much touching for a supposedly not human regaining/gaining human emotions? They're still without character if they don't get enough focus. And those kind of things are somewhat cliche. Almost every robot girl(especially in harem shows) slowly gains emotions through love. Yin is somehow like that. I don't doubt her importance in the story, but I can't understand why she has so many fans. Just because she looks adorable as emotionless loli? Somehow my hatred for moe incerereaced further...
There's no right or wrong answer as to why people are attracted to such a progression. Although it is most sure people are generally attracted to anything anthropomorphic in nature--we are human viewers after all. I guess in the end, what we're all aiming for is finding out who we are? Why we're here and all that jazz. Cliche as it may be, but then that would make the lives of 6 billion people cliche as well. The changes in Yin, even Hei mirror that in some sort.

Also, I think her not having enough screen time can explain why she has a lot of fans. Those scenes/parts where she was the lead make me, and I reckon it's safe to say, Yin fans in general wish we'd see more of her taking the centre stage.

Heh, like what I said, I'm not a big loli fan (or loli shows) myself but Yin has become the exception since 2007. :P

Last edited by forgottendiary; 2009-11-08 at 05:40.
Old 2009-11-08, 14:13   Link #34
Tanksenior
~:=}

I really hope Yin shows up again soon, her character intrigues me and would love to see more of it .
Old 2009-11-08, 19:15   Link #35
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Li-kun/Misaki scenes are still much better.
Never saw the appeal in that, to tell you the truth. They only have three real meetings--once at the chinese hotel, once at the mall, then once again when they go to eat dinner--and each time, it's Hei doing his Li-kun impersonation. She's in love with a mask, so to speak, rather than the person behind it.
Old 2009-11-08, 19:47   Link #36
orangejuicetang

Or that is to say, that Misaki loves Li-kun, not Hei. Although love may not be the correct word to use now. I mean, still chasing after him even after he's been gone for years, even though she knows that he was actually an assassin in disguise? To the point where'd she by "star stalking" him?

But anyway, this is the Yin thread.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-11-08, 23:38   Link #37
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
Never saw the appeal in that, to tell you the truth. They only have three real meetings--once at the chinese hotel, once at the mall, then once again when they go to eat dinner--and each time, it's Hei doing his Li-kun impersonation. She's in love with a mask, so to speak, rather than the person behind it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Or that is to say, that Misaki loves Li-kun, not Hei. Although love may not be the correct word to use now. I mean, still chasing after him even after he's been gone for years, even though she knows that he was actually an assassin in disguise? To the point where'd she by "star stalking" him?

But anyway, this is the Yin thread.
These, thank you very much.
Old 2009-11-12, 16:59   Link #38
Strange
Incoherent at best.

It looks like the Blu-ray bonuses will be Yin-centric:

Spoiler for Blu-ray Yin:
Old 2009-11-12, 21:52   Link #39
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
It looks like the Blu-ray bonuses will be Yin-centric:

Spoiler for Blu-ray Yin:
*SPEW*

.........well, we'll have to see the episode itself to be sure, but those sure look like HeixYin scenes to me.................and it would make sense given
Spoiler for DtB 2 Episode 6:
Old 2009-11-12, 23:20   Link #40
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

@bluray CM

I can honestly say I've never been this happy for a while! \o/

Tags
characters