AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-01-15, 23:55   Link #61
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Here's another one...
In the main index page where or what is exactly Region 1?
This is a term used in DVD marketing. DVD players are designed to only play DVDs from the region where they sold. For instance, if you purchase your DVD player in the United States, it will only play r1 DVDs.

Region
Area
Informal term meaning "playable in all regions"
Bermuda, Canada, United States and U.S. territories
The Middle East, Western Europe, Central Europe, Egypt, French overseas territories, Greenland, Japan, Lesotho, South Africa and Swaziland
Southeast Asia, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan
Australia, Central America, the Caribbean, Mexico, Oceania, South America
The rest of Africa, Former Soviet Union, the Indian subcontinent, Mongolia, North Korea
Mainland China
Reserved for future use (found in use on protected screener copies of MPAA-related DVDs, and "media-copies" of pre-releases in Asia)
International venues such as aircraft, cruise ships, etc.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 05:18   Link #62
Elhaym Van Houten
The Warrior Princess

Where can I find a good anime-animated gifs?
Elhaym Van Houten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-24, 20:44   Link #63
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Does Yahoo still support the keyword metadata in webpages?
I know google totaly ignores it.
I couldn't find it anywhere, so from some research i've done. Yahoo and Google don't use it no more, cause ppl like to fraud its useage for unapporiate reasons. Here's my source. Enjoy now ^_^.

http://www.usa.gov/webcontent/managi...metadata.shtml

Quote:
But isn’t it true that no one uses metadata? It is true that commercial searches like Google and Yahoo no longer use metadata since many web developers were trying to fool search engines with meta tags unrelated to their content and services. However, this could change in the future as search engines explore different ways of categorizing and cataloging search results.

In the meantime, we should use metadata to improve the searches on our own sites and to improve our ability to maintain and track content. In addition, we should explore ways to use metadata to aggregate content government-wide.
Here's my question - What's the difference between Flash Drives, Jump Drives and Thumb Drives? I don't know what the dam differences are.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2007-01-24 at 21:34.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 13:57   Link #64
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Thanks Eme...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Another question.

One the forum we have this little guy described as "heh"
But the intricate meaning of the animation bethels me, what's with that lil' triangle.
Old 2007-01-25, 14:02   Link #65
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Here's my question - What's the difference between Flash Drives, Jump Drives and Thumb Drives? I don't know what the dam differences are.
The manufacturer. Jump drives are made by Lexar, Thumb drives are made by Trek Technologies, and Flash Drives are the term used for the entire range of USB flash memory devices.

EDIT: I should point out that I've been told Jump Drives are so big they sometimes require a lot of space to plug into the USB port (especially if the ports next to it aren't empty).
Old 2007-01-25, 16:05   Link #66
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
The manufacturer. Jump drives are made by Lexar, Thumb drives are made by Trek Technologies, and Flash Drives are the term used for the entire range of USB flash memory devices.

EDIT: I should point out that I've been told Jump Drives are so big they sometimes require a lot of space to plug into the USB port (especially if the ports next to it aren't empty).
Ahhh is that so. I've noticed that Lexar makes the Jump Drives, but not really in that way. About that rumor of yours. No, they're not that big. The 256mb i bought a while ago was like 1 of the first version. It wasn't big or bulky. So rumor is untrue. False,w whatever you would like to call it.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-01-25, 16:18   Link #67
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Yeah, I figured it might be - I've never bought one, so I have no idea. Mine is a SimpleTech so I could really only go off of what my wife told me about hers.
Old 2007-01-25, 18:09   Link #68
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Thanks Eme...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Another question.

One the forum we have this little guy described as "heh"
But the intricate meaning of the animation bethels me, what's with that lil' triangle.
It's a sweatdrop.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 18:52   Link #69
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
It's a sweatdrop.
It is?! That smiley always sort of bothered me also.. it's too close to the mouth and on the wrong side. We need better emoticons.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 19:58   Link #70
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I thought it was him holding a thumbs-up sign.
Old 2007-01-26, 00:52   Link #71
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

I though it was a phone ^_^, lol.

Old 2007-01-26, 17:59   Link #72
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

OK, here's another one from me:

What happens if someone sends me a PM when my inbox is full?

Do I get a notification telling me about the bounced message? (as in telling me who send it)
Old 2007-01-26, 18:23   Link #73
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Do I get a notification telling me about the bounced message? (as in telling me who send it)
Nope. The sender will get the following message:
Quote:
The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
  1. Daniel E. has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-26, 20:23   Link #74
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
Nope. The sender will get the following message:
That's very good to know. I rarely let my PM box get past the 90% mark, but I always cared little about it getting full.

Guess I'll need to clean it a little more often now. >_< !

Thanks for the reply !!
Old 2007-01-27, 07:06   Link #75
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You mean like this, it doesn't warn you for nothing

-----------------------
A question regarding pms...

NoSanninWa posted some time ago...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSW
Thank you Jinto. I go through my PM box allotment (and it is a huge allotment) faster than I'd like to consider. Being a mod has immense PM requirements. It is nice to know I will now be able to find a relevant record of that pastst all the backups.
Now I read this as saying that NSW as an admin gets more pm space then members... Strange tho' as I recall the options for these settings are user based, so it should be the same... I think.

Do admins really have a bigger pm capacity...
---------------------
Another question...

How do I get thread number and post number without copy pasting from the query string.
Old 2007-01-27, 07:36   Link #76
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Do admins really have a bigger pm capacity...
Well, considering I send/receive something like 400 PMs each month, it's a fair bet that we might have to have larger PM storage.

But why do you care, for what reason do you need to know?
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 16:54   Link #77
Proud ASIAN
Banned

The meaning of Cartoon?

I don't know what is the meaning of Cartoon, I only know the meaning of Anime "Anime is a short term used by the Japanese for Animation since the Japanese pronounce Animation into Animetion"

So what about Cartoon? I can only see two words, Car and Toon but I don't know what the meaning of it
Proud ASIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 17:59   Link #78
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud ASIAN View Post
So what about Cartoon?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartoon

Quote:
In its original meaning, a cartoon (from the Italian cartone and Dutch/Flemish word "karton", meaning strong, heavy paper or pasteboard) is a full-size drawing made on paper as a study for a further drawings, such as a painting or tapestry.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 19:38   Link #79
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Cartoon is usually a respective term that we call "animations" made in the United States. Though cartoon can still be called anime, "anime" are usually referred to Japanese Animation since its well know for that. And vice-versa for anime/cartoon too.

Old 2007-01-27, 19:56   Link #80
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Just trivial knowledge, I guess there exist many terms for bascially the same thing (style may differ, but the basics are the same). E.g. in german it translates to Zeichentrickfilm (drawn-trick-movie... the trick refers to the effect that motion is done by drawing each frame a little different and playing it fast enough, so the eye/brain is tricked to recognise it as motion - a basic principle that applies to all movies, but is very elaborate when done with drawings).

Tags
problem, q&a, serious