Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-02-10, 02:16   Link #21
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper

I must say for all the promotional thingies the CE has for this couple, then why the hell not? I like this pairing much more than Kira Lacus because it was shown to be more developed than the CE pair...

Anyway, before somebody comes and says that I am dragging Lacus into this thread again, it was just for comparison purposes, nothing more...>.>;;

As for Kira Mey, yeah, the Kira Fllay virus is working in me again, so I agree with you other people who want to start a fandom for them...XD Meyrin is not like Fllay in any aspect (except by way of looks maybe), so if it's not AsuMey, then why not KiraMey...LOL. But sorry, after Kira Fllay, the only real couple for me would be AsuKira. Dammit, the show's always ALL about them... with Shinn thrown in as an afterthought. Poor emo kid.

So it would be

Kira Fllay
Athrun Kira
Athrun Meyrin
Kira Cagalli
Kira Meyrin
Athrun Lacus
Athrun Cagalli

in no particular order (except the top spot).

Athrun Cagalli was such a good couple gone bad (as in, their relationship was cut off abruptly) when things were starting to get real interesting...shame if Bandai or Fukuda or whoever decides to give this pairing WTF moments in OPs and EDs and then we get no real closure for them at all. As for Kira Fllay, they now suffer the Cloud Aerith syndrome, so I am not complaining.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 03:53   Link #22
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

I always liked KiraFllay better than KiraLacus because it was more real in some ways. There were moments of intense jealousy, possesion, and conflict but there were also tender moments in what was otherwise an abnormal relationship (i.e. when Kira takes care of Fllay when she's sick on the Archangel.) Yes it wasn't the healthiest relationship for either of them when it started, but I feel that by the end of SEED, with their respective growth in character, I think these two would have found a way to work things out. Either way, KiraFllay was hell of a lot more interesting to watch than a bland KiraLacus...that eyecatcher made me cringe everytime I saw it. I just don't see their chemistry.

And for AsuCaga, they do promote the couple like crazy, and the dissonance between the advertising and the reality is quite interesting from a strategic communication perspective. They merchandise the couple so much, yet the couple's fate is left unknown at the end of Destiny...no wonder fans become frustrated with the mixed signals.
Naive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 06:45   Link #23
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

It was MORE KiraCaga than AsuCaga in Destiny! LOL. I would never forget the "brotherly hug" he gave her after he rescues Cagalli from the fate of being married into the Seiran noble family...that hug possessed more emotion than the hug Kira Lacus showed during their reunion on the Archangel and the Bollywood scene at the SE IV ED...I don't know, the Kira Lacus hugs were sort of always felt like an afterthought for me...>.>;;

Shame on you Bandai! Stop tormenting the AsuCaga fandom! After the harem travesty that was Destiny, Athrun and Cagalli's relationship isn't any clearer than my own shadow in the dark. At least throw some signs that it's Asu something in the movie.

Old 2007-02-10, 13:24   Link #24
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon sniper
As for Kira Mey, yeah, the Kira Fllay virus is working in me again, so I agree with you other people who want to start a fandom for them...XD Meyrin is not like Fllay in any aspect (except by way of looks maybe), so if it's not AsuMey, then why not KiraMey...LOL.
three in the club now!
and naive is right ... if there exist a asumey then a kiramey is also posible

Quote:
But sorry, after Kira Fllay, the only real couple for me would be AsuKira. Dammit, the show's always ALL about them... with Shinn thrown in as an afterthought. Poor emo kid.
your not the only one, if a couple is declared as a couple when they think about each other a lot ... then asukira is definitive one ^^
it almost seems that athrun thought about Kira more then peace and so on
and kira ... well I did't know what that guy was thinking, he had no emo in Destiny

now to the topic
imo I think asucaga still exist. My reasons:
no clear broke up with a lot merchandise about them => still hope
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 13:31   Link #25
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
It was MORE KiraCaga than AsuCaga in Destiny! LOL. I would never forget the "brotherly hug" he gave her after he rescues Cagalli from the fate of being married into the Seiran noble family...that hug possessed more emotion than the hug Kira Lacus showed during their reunion on the Archangel and the Bollywood scene at the SE IV ED...I don't know, the Kira Lacus hugs were sort of always felt like an afterthought for me...>.>;;
I knew I wasn't the only one picking up the twincest vibes, but yeah I think there was a lot of fodder for the KiraCaga couple. I mean not only did Kira steal her from her wedding with knight-in-shining armor flair, but also he shredded Athrun's Savior so badly when Athrun was blaming Cagalli for the way things turned out. He snapped at Athrun when for most of GSD he was pretty even-tempered and for a second I saw SEED Kira again.

Anyway, regardless of whether you see the KiraCaga relationship as romantic or not, I thought the creators spent more time highlighting their affection for each other compared to the KiraLacus and the mess of the AsuCaga relationship. That's why ZAFT!Kira is like

Quote:
Shame on you Bandai! Stop tormenting the AsuCaga fandom! After the harem travesty that was Destiny, Athrun and Cagalli's relationship isn't any clearer than my own shadow in the dark. At least throw some signs that it's Asu something in the movie.
I didn't get the point of Athrun's harem. Honestly, the guy has no game and isn't smooth with the ladies at all . In fact the only time I thought he was smooth was the way he went after Cagalli in SEED. In GSD he was gauche and awkward, and the creators didn't develop any of his other possibilities, he either ran away or ignored them. If it was to make Athrun look like a pimp or a "ladies-man", then the creators failed miserably. I mean his gross inattention to all his ladies surrounding him solely highlighted his hyperattention to Kira's feelings at the end of GSD...what message were the creators trying to send?

So IMO in the end it looks like they destroyed AsuCaga and replaced it with AsuKira. That's the only solid Athrun relationship I see after Destiny.
Old 2007-02-10, 14:56   Link #26
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naive View Post

So IMO in the end it looks like they destroyed AsuCaga and replaced it with AsuKira. That's the only solid Athrun relationship I see after Destiny.
why not both? since they're twins
Old 2007-02-10, 16:55   Link #27
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikyu View Post
why not both? since they're twins
Well there are all those theories around that Athrun was physically attracted to Cagalli because of the Kira resemblance in SEED. Kira does look a lot like Cagalli, but then again it could be the nature of the character design.

As for AsuCaga, again I don't know, even the SE writers have been so inconsistent with the relationship. They retcon the kiss scene, yet add Athrun looking at his pendant before joining ZAFT. They paste Cagalli in when Athrun wakes up in the sickbay, but they delete the hug scene from the fourth SE. Athrun's wearing an Orb uniform at the end, and has taken Kira's place presumably, yet he's on PLANT while Cagalli's in Orb alone.

But what makes me think that AsuCaga has hope has to do with his uniform. Athrun has no connection to Orb besides Cagalli, therefore keeping his uniform and taking Kira's place signifies that they had to have resolved something before the PLANT meeting with Zaftie!Kira. Maybe he's willing to wait for her and support her, instead of rushing into things like before. I honestly see no reason for him to be in Orb besides Cagalli.

Another thing that makes me hope for AsuCaga is the way Athrun treated Cagalli in SEED was very different from the way he treated any of the members of his harem. He never showed the same amount of fascination, of amusement, of wonder, and of personal chivalry with any other girls compared to his interaction with Cagalli. Yes, he protected Meyrin, but that was almost a moral obligation compared to his eternal vow to protect Cagalli in SEED. And that's why I couldn't understand how AsuMeer/AsuMey/AsuLuna or Asuwhatever could work, because Athrun didn't seem interested.

AsuCaga worked for me in SEED because they had tons of chemistry, an ability to challenge each other, and unconditional concern for each other. They could understand each other, protect each other, and be normal around each other. They went through stages of a relationship with each meeting bringing them closer and closer and showing a different side of how they could work. In extreme intense situations to comforting situations to normal banter about the politics of little brothers.

So I agree with Eidolon Sniper that it was one of the more developed relationships in the CE universe. Granted, their competition was kind of weak: KiraLacus, ShinnLuna....

Destiny just didn't know what to do with the relationship and I think it's fairly obvious with the inconsistent hints about the pairing, even in the SEs. I mean what's the point of retconning a kiss, when the audience knows they're in a relationship. Furthermore, if they were trying to erase the AsuCaga relationship, why add a significant scene where Cagalli removes her ring. That scene, if anything, made the relationship more real because we could see that she was torn about removing the ring.

Anyway, getting back to the point, I think that AsuCaga is not impossible. They just need time and to take things more slowly. And ironically I do think their relationship does have a better chance of working out after Destiny than the pre-Destiny Alex Dino era in regards to circumstances. He doesn't need to hide his identity and actually has a position where he could make a difference. I think it'd be a more open and less oppressive environment for something to happen.
Old 2007-02-10, 21:36   Link #28
krzglue2

Hope they can fix this if there a Seed movie in the future
krzglue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 23:37   Link #29
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Well I don't know, Athrun was shown/hinted to be concerned about Meer, after Cagalli. I mean, a guy just doesn't cry for a girl he met for like a couple of episodes like it was the end of the world when she died...

More of concern, deep concern actually. He knew how Meer was used by Dully, and he wanted to save her. And his tears were of course the one thing that really sealed this show of deep concern on Athrun's part. So, in the harem, he cares somewhat for Meer after Cagalli, then Meyrin, and he didn't care about Lunamaria at all.

Old 2007-02-11, 01:30   Link #30
Naive
Tabloid Journalist

Quote:
Well I don't know, Athrun was shown/hinted to be concerned about Meer, after Cagalli. I mean, a guy just doesn't cry for a girl he met for like a couple of episodes like it was the end of the world when she died...

More of concern, deep concern actually. He knew how Meer was used by Dully, and he wanted to save her. And his tears were of course the one thing that really sealed this show of deep concern on Athrun's part. So, in the harem, he cares somewhat for Meer after Cagalli, then Meyrin, and he didn't care about Lunamaria at all.

I'm not saying that Athrun was completely indifferent to Meer and Meyrin or didn't care about them at all per se. I'm just saying that I didn't see the same vibes of attraction between Athrun and the girls compared to Athrun and Cagalli in Seed. But of course that's just my opinion.

He should care about Meyrin and Meer. What they did was noble and in the end they were both kindhearted sweet girls and deserved the best.

Though I think Athrun and Cagalli can salvage their relationship, and the circumstances are working in their favor (being on the same side for one), if they break up I can accept that too. Just give them a sense of closure and move on. If it's too complicated, it's too complicated, but at least address the relationship instead of ignoring it.

As long as I don't have to see a KiraLacus love festival in the movie, I'll be okay with the developments: AsuMey, AsuKira, KiraMey, CagaShinn, AsuCaga, KiraCaga...whatever crazy combination.
Old 2007-02-11, 01:55   Link #31
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Mia dying was so pointless . Couldn't they have had her in critical with her getting up to a big glomp by Lacus at final+ or something? Then Lacus could have been in two places at once or whatnot...

AsuCaga? More chance than AsuMeyrin IMO. AsuMeyrin won't really sell becase Meyrin's a good-for-nothing as a pilot, so if they want to sell more, they'll improve Cagalli's piloting skills and hook up AsuCaga again. Justice+.//hackatsuki FTW?

As for Kira x Lacus vs. Kira x Fllay? Come on, was Kira ever really happy with her? Highly doubtful. He was always confused, crying, and overall in a train-rex (grossman) state of mind. When Lacus came along, well, given a few days she calmed him down enough to pilot the freedom like WTF, and after two years, Kira was around her godly essence long enough to become GOD himself. And of course, whenever Lacus is around, Freedom is emitting tons of shiny Lacus Dust from its wings. When she's far away, he has less Lacus dust.

Just compare Freedom in ep 26, 28, 32, 34, and 39+ and watch the emission of Lacus Dust. Tons of Lacus Dust in 26, less in 28, next to none in 32, none whatsoever in 34, and a full recharge in 39 and onward.

Kira needs Lacus to charge up Freedom's divine-capacitor (kinda like Destiny's hyper capacitor, LOL), and Lacus needs Kira for the inevitable hugs, kisses, and sex she'll eventually want (if she's the least bit human).

And as for Meyrin, well, I wish we could trade her for Mia . At least Mia was pleasing to look at >.<
Old 2007-02-11, 04:12   Link #32
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naive View Post
I'll be okay with the developments: AsuMey, AsuKira, KiraMey, CagaShinn, AsuCaga, KiraCaga...whatever crazy combination.
oh yeah the CagaShinn couple ... there is really a fanbase about them! they even have fanfics! why not kiramey T,T

however, they have some kind of "relationship" and have a lot "passion" for each other ... you know hate can lead to love
Old 2007-02-11, 04:23   Link #33
Viperus

Stellar x Cagalli ^_^ oh wait , stellar is dead. Hope she comes back in the next CE season
Viperus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 00:05   Link #34
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Oh, I think there's hope for Athrun and Cagalli. The director kind of screwed up Gundam SEED Destiny, so somehow, Meryin ends up hanging over Athrun. But, as I can tell, Cagalli's the only female character he's fully actually paid attention to. With Lacus, he tried, but not as hard considering they were set up to come together. With Cagalli, there was chemistry that worked between them on their own. With Meryin, it's more like as if Meryin runs after Athrun while Athrun seems to lose his honorable stature a little by acting like, "Hey. This girl's hanging all over me. Cha-ching!" He was my favorite character before Destiny and a little bit through-out Destiny, but once he did that, I lost some respect for him. In my opinion, it's like the director had Athrun go out of character just for that. So, if there ever is another Gundam SEED series coming out with Athrun and gang in it, I sure hope it's from a director who sticks true to the original flow from Gundam SEED.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 01:34   Link #35
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Mia dying was so pointless . Couldn't they have had her in critical with her getting up to a big glomp by Lacus at final+ or something? Then Lacus could have been in two places at once or whatnot...
No, I don't see the point of Meer having lived after Final Plus considering the real Lacus has now returned to the PLANTs.

Quote:
AsuCaga? More chance than AsuMeyrin IMO. AsuMeyrin won't really sell becase Meyrin's a good-for-nothing as a pilot, so if they want to sell more, they'll improve Cagalli's piloting skills and hook up AsuCaga again. Justice+.//hackatsuki FTW?
This isn't about a thread on AsuMey, it's about AsuCaga. Although I would love to see an AsuMey, I'm not at all bothered if he went back to Cagalli after all the evil this couple had been through.

Considering things in Destiny, Cagalli was cut off unceremoniously from Athrun when he went back to the PLANTs, and it wasn't even shown that he actually thought about Cagalli except for a couple of instances, whereas with Meyrin, yes, he didn't think about her, but worried about her enough as to protect her from those crazy gunmen. Then, we have the Cagalli asking Meyrin to take care of Athrun deal. So it's not enough to say that either Cagalli or Meyrin have a better chance having a relationship closure with Athrun. But after SE IV and Athrun's Orb uniform having no sense at all than to be with Cagalli, then I say Cagalli has a winning chance. Almost.

Quote:
As for Kira x Lacus vs. Kira x Fllay? Come on, was Kira ever really happy with her? Highly doubtful. He was always confused, crying, and overall in a train-rex (grossman) state of mind. When Lacus came along, well, given a few days she calmed him down enough to pilot the freedom like WTF, and after two years, Kira was around her godly essence long enough to become GOD himself. And of course, whenever Lacus is around, Freedom is emitting tons of shiny Lacus Dust from its wings. When she's far away, he has less Lacus dust.
Kira cared about Fllay because he missed her enough to be even thinking about her 2 years after she had died. It was due to Fllay's presence that the Archangel survived their desert landing; if it weren't for her manipulation, I highly doubt they would even survive the BuCUE ambush at all...

Kira happy with Fllay? Well, happy because she was his long time crush and she was her first lover...although in the back of his mind he knew what they were having was wrong (because Ssigh was the convenient fiancee of Fllay's, like Athrun was the convenient fiancee of Lacus). He did try to break off that relationship because it was unhealthy and it was just pointless (for him back then). But that feeling of guilt or whatever it was was broken, and he was crazed enough to try getting back to Fllay in his Freedom with the Freedom almost blown off to smithereens and cried in Lacus' lap that he didn't want to hurt her, and you could really see the happiness in their eyes when they saw each other for the last time before Fllay became space dust...and maybe one cause of why he wasn't shown to be emotional or anything in Destiny was probably because Fllay told him not to cry anymore, and that he was just honoring his first love's final wish.

Lacus dust? I'll just use Destiny Freedomed ep for an excuse. His heart just wasn't in it at all.

And this is an AsuCaga thread, for crying out loud. After Kira Fllay, Athrun Cagalli is just one of my more favored couples in the CE (aside from AsuKira, KiraCaga, ShinnSte, ShinnFllay and my number one favorite, KiraFllay) becase their relationship was more real than Kira Lacus. They really went through a lot together, had some problems (Athrun's ZAFT return, the harem, different ideologies [at first]), and somehow tried to save the relationship, but couldn't (Cagalli handing Athrun to Meyrin and asking her to take care of Athrun), opting that they take time off from each other and see to other things first before coming back together again (hopefully). Kira and Lacus? There really wasn't any big problem that came to their relationship that really tested their relationship, if you get what I mean. True, they're a couple of pseudo fugitives who still had each other and had no real conflict with their ideals because they think alike together. And for the last 2 years Kira was just staring at the sea, and who do we get to see he was actually thinking of? Fllay (apart from the other people who died in the last war). Aside from a couple of hugs, he wasn't even particularly affected at Lacus' sudden shopping crave in Copernicus (given the "danger" to her life), didn't even say nice things to her while she tried out different outfits (come on, it's always the little things that matter), and wasn't particularly aware that his "koibito" was about to be shot and so Meer was shot down instead.

Quote:
And as for Meyrin, well, I wish we could trade her for Mia . At least Mia was pleasing to look at >.<
There really is no point in Meer staying alive, unless Lacus herself was killed, and that she had to take her place. The producers must probably know about this dilemma, and so they had Meer killed instead. >.>;;

@ Phantom_Takaya
It's not that Meyrin runs after Athrun...it was at least hinted that Meyrin had a crush on Athrun beforehand, so it wasn't that much of a WTF when she suddenly decided to follow Athrun's footsteps back to the path of righteousness.

Old 2007-02-12, 04:54   Link #36
rik
Ace_of_Something_really

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-93 HI-NU View Post
Any hope for KiraxAthr...oh wait.
Don't Forget about Dearar+Yzak..LOL
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 07:57   Link #37
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
Don't Forget about Dearar+Yzak..LOL
we don't have to worry about them ... we all know what they're "doing" while they're not on screen
Old 2007-02-12, 08:58   Link #38
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Quote:
It's not that Meyrin runs after Athrun...it was at least hinted that Meyrin had a crush on Athrun beforehand, so it wasn't that much of a WTF when she suddenly decided to follow Athrun's footsteps back to the path of righteousness.
It still didn't seem right, either way. Not because of how Meyrin acted, but how Athrun suddenly seemed to go her way. So, the WTF thing was more alongs the lines of, "He's just going to throw all that history away just like that?"
Old 2007-02-12, 09:12   Link #39
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, assuming he considers his relationship with Cagali over, what else can he do besides "throwing all that history away". Life goes on. If he intends to move on there is no use brooding over stuff until the hair gets gray. And not like Meyrin is bad choice or anything
Old 2007-02-12, 09:47   Link #40
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Well, it has never really been fully stated what's going on. She returned the ring to him despite all the trouble he went through for her. I didn't see or hear any dialogue between them to indicate where they stand in their relationship, so there's no way to say whether or not it's over or just taking a break as some has said. If they were to make another Gundam SEED series, I would like to see them try to work something out. But, at the moment, it's still a 50/50 situation, so there's still a chance.