AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 4 7.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 22.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 38.89%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.70%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-02-20, 18:35   Link #41
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
My only reaction to MAR boss's PINK powered armour.

Hello Kitty meets SCIENCE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Awww, Erii eating icecream is adorable.

OM NOM NOM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Lol. The Internet if the solution to everything.

Or maybe not. XD

"All legends are 100% accurate. All rumors are entirely factual. All prophecies will come true, and not just someday but almost immediately."
Old 2010-02-20, 22:06   Link #42
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post

Hello Kitty meets SCIENCE!
And now that I take a second look at it it actually looks rather grotesque. Reminds me of those Happy Tree Friend segments where someone gets their skin ripped off...
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 01:40   Link #43
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Commander's custom colours? It's not exactly red, so... 1.5 times faster?
Old 2010-02-21, 02:08   Link #44
Avegaille

Or maybe it's to determine that the person inside the armor is a girl since it's pink... *bricked for obvious fact*
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 03:34   Link #45
Kon the Magnificent

I'm happy about this episode for many reasons, but the main one has to be that Kiyama is back in the picture...

I mean, I read the manga, and I'm a little, a little upset that they didn't follow up on Kiyama after the Level Upper incident...and judging what I've read at wiki...she's not really mentioned in the novels either...is she?

But back to the episode, I actually like the new girl, she's a bit strange as Kuroko pointed out, but she's alright in her strange way. But what has me is who she was looking for, and why Kiyama had a similar pendant...thingy as her

And on another subject...poor Mitsuko...she's always on the recieving end on some kind of abuse...at the beginning of an episode
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 03:37   Link #46
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Random people: Oh look! What's going on there? *looks at the destroyed platform*

Ki**** H***mi: Huh, it's too hot even at night... >.> *strips*

I feel kinda sorry for Erii-san BTW. Her friend is at least comatose from what that doctor did to her.

Honestly, Erii acted like Fumina Konoe in Shana.
And Telestina still looks like Margery Daw. Well, until next episode. Seems Telestina isn't always gathering her hair in a ponytail all the time.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 03:42   Link #47
TadloS

Kinda boring episode. But finally plot will start moving in next episode even though it's fillers.
TadloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 03:48   Link #48
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

To note, this is NOT a filler episode. Actually, no episode is a filler. Everything is canon.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-02-21, 04:10   Link #49
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I knew that, except some won't.
Anyway i giving this an 8/10.
Old 2010-02-21, 04:51   Link #50
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kon the Magnificent View Post
I'm happy about this episode for many reasons, but the main one has to be that Kiyama is back in the picture...

I mean, I read the manga, and I'm a little, a little upset that they didn't follow up on Kiyama after the Level Upper incident...and judging what I've read at wiki...she's not really mentioned in the novels either...is she?

But back to the episode, I actually like the new girl, she's a bit strange as Kuroko pointed out, but she's alright in her strange way. But what has me is who she was looking for, and why Kiyama had a similar pendant...thingy as her

And on another subject...poor Mitsuko...she's always on the recieving end on some kind of abuse...at the beginning of an episode
I think it is blatantly obvious that it is the girl that Harumi connected with.

Her being odd with things new to her is that before this she has been in a coma.

If RSPK Syndrome refers to abilities out of control then that girl is the one subconsciously responsible for the current phenomenon of quakes.

Which brings to question why Capacity Down is being developed outside legal channels. The girl and the Capacity Down could be part of an even greater experiment. Cue Aleister Crowley.

Hmm... For that matter didn't Mii's sempai come out of a coma himself?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 05:31   Link #51
TadloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
To note, this is NOT a filler episode. Actually, no episode is a filler. Everything is canon.
Wait, I don't remember this few latest episodes to be canon. In manga there was no such a chapters. So why you say it's canon?
Old 2010-02-21, 05:37   Link #52
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadloS View Post
Wait, I don't remember this few latest episodes to be canon. In manga there was no such a chapters. So why you say it's canon?
That's because these "filler" episodes are written by the author of the light novels which makes them canon.
Old 2010-02-21, 05:40   Link #53
TadloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
That's because these "filler" episodes are written by the author of the light novels which makes them canon.
Then that explains a lot. Thanks for the info.
Old 2010-02-21, 06:26   Link #54
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Hmm... For that matter didn't Mii's sempai come out of a coma himself?
I don't think so... iirc, Wataru was there in a facility he was brought to after that accident for 2 years and then being released later on. (but then that's another question on what they have been doing to him in there)

(when I first read this I thought you were referring to Konori herself XD)

Kongou seems to be the victim of almost every assault (Ep 3, Ep 15, Ep 20)... tell me if I'm missing other episodes though...
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 07:26   Link #55
Yufankun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
It's not clear to what extent Kazuma was involved with the episodes of the second half of the season, but it seems reasonable to assume he wrote the stuff that will make up the upcoming arc. As for wether it being canon, I assume you mean by calling it such that it was 'something that really happenend in the timeline'. The problem is that it contradicts said timeline too much. It's just not possible for it fit within the really tight schedule that makes up the novel and manga timeline, in the way it's been presented.

Rather the anime adaptions make up their own canon universe that doesn't adhere to the established timeline as strictly, and does things in it's own pace. The fact that it contains the brain work of the original author doesn't really change anything, except give more weight to the idea that "could have happened this way".
Yufankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 09:20   Link #56
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i thought it was fairly obvious that Saten didn't want to flip her skirt.. it was blatantly implied. Uiharu said something like, "Saten-san, don't flip up her skirt!" and Saten was like, "why would i do that?"

Yeah, I had forgot that!

Quote:
Che There goes again another of that guy's machinations.

This ep I was half expecting Index to show up with food.
That guy? You mean Touma?!

Spoiler for Reply to Kon and babohtea:

Last edited by Minagi Mikoto; 2010-02-22 at 16:38.
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 16:22   Link #57
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
Or maybe it's to determine that the person inside the armor is a girl since it's pink... *bricked for obvious fact*
Yeah, but the viewers find that out as soon as she un-fogs her windshield (helmet?). I'd rather her stay black rather than raising the blood pressure of all viewers with any aesthetic sense.

Minagi. Edit instead of double posting. You can double quote, you know?
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 18:44   Link #58
Eater of All
NOM

Poor Mitsuko getting used and then completely ignored by the episode. Also, yay for the return of techno jargon!

Quote:
Her being odd with things new to her is that before this she has been in a coma.

If RSPK Syndrome refers to abilities out of control then that girl is the one subconsciously responsible for the current phenomenon of quakes.
Agreed. I think Haruue has the ability to disrupt AIM fields due to her brain getting jacked up in the experiments, and as someone mentioned, she is getting used for this purpose. I wonder what the pattern is for these poltergeists occurences though; it's like some people feel them and some don't.

CRACK theory of the day: The MAR boss is actually Kiyama's sister who has infiltrated the Academy City ranks in order to take revenge for her sister.
Old 2010-02-21, 20:28   Link #59
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Oh, btw, does anyone notice Saten using her nose to find the night fair? o.o
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2010-02-22 at 01:34.
Old 2010-02-21, 21:29   Link #60
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Agreed. I think Haruue has the ability to disrupt AIM fields due to her brain getting jacked up in the experiments, and as someone mentioned, she is getting used for this purpose.
I wonder what's going to happen to her after this arc is over. I just don't have much confidence that this new character will stick around. Will she be sent back to a hospital, or transfer again, or turn out to have a funky prism where her brain should be?