AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 76 44.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 57 33.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 16.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.37%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.59%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-13, 04:59   Link #101
noir senshi
Escapist Extraordinaire

Hey everyone, I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to ask this here but since I have downloaded limit, I need to ask if Gattai's translation is good? or should I wait for AiA I-Z?
Old 2008-04-13, 05:16   Link #102
Tendou88

Gattai doesnt translate the songs(dunno if other fansub does).
anyway they are fine..

10/10 for Macross Frontier !
Old 2008-04-13, 05:18   Link #103
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
is this the continuation of the original ep 1 or the broadcast version?
Old 2008-04-13, 05:25   Link #104
noir senshi
Escapist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou88 View Post
Gattai doesnt translate the songs(dunno if other fansub does).
anyway they are fine..

10/10 for Macross Frontier !
Okay, I'll take your word for it. ^_^

My crave for more Macross Frontier is really overruling my usual patience, I like translation to songs. Maybe just this once, I will go with a speed-sub. ^^"
Old 2008-04-13, 05:29   Link #105
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

If you have some understanding of japanese, it's ok, some error in it but nothing misleading/serious for Gattai's translation.

I would take another sub's translation though for my anime archive
Old 2008-04-13, 05:35   Link #106
noir senshi
Escapist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
If you have some understanding of japanese, it's ok, some error in it but nothing misleading/serious for Gattai's translation.

I would take another sub's translation though for my anime archive
Thanks for your thoughts.

It's good to get more experienced anime watcher's perspectives.

I think good translation is very important for anime which involve subtle character development, strategy (ala death note) but less so for action orientated anime. As someone who's never watched any series of Macross before, I don't know what catergory Macross comes under but from what I hear, character development which in turn means dialogue is important in Macross Frontier. But in saying that (sorry for ranting), I'm still going to try out Gattai's version because I honestly can't wait any longer. My interest in anime has been waning but after watching ep1 of Macross, I remember why i used to love anime and the great feeling it brings.

Argh! Why did I just go off on a rant? fO_o
Old 2008-04-13, 05:49   Link #107
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

I'd really like to know what the lyrics are for Diamond Crevasse.

It looks like Ranka was just singing one of Sheryl's tunes.
Old 2008-04-13, 06:47   Link #108
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Besides the fact that the earrings are obviously a part of Sheryl's persona, since she's seen wearing them all the time, it's a great plot device to link the main characters together. Perhaps it's some kind of galactic gossamer thread, hopefully we'll get more of its story later on.

The anime also tries to build up on the earring's importance to the plot, like having it glitter after just the first minute of episode 1 (Deculture ver.) and using it as the ED background.
Old 2008-04-13, 08:11   Link #109
TrueKnight

2nd Episode is pure win. Thrill and epic. Awesome fight between the Vajra, Ozma, Alto and Mikhail. Roy Focker and Maximillian are back in their own way.

Also I like Alto, he's got the attitude and what it takes to be GAR. The only bad thing about him was the whole 'princess' thing, it's really disturbing. I hope in the future eps he decide to cut his hair short, and we will have ourselves Hikaru and a hotblood pilot.
Old 2008-04-13, 08:13   Link #110
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm just going to grab the .ass files for gattai to watch with the raw and than grab a good release when it's made available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma View Post
I don't really get why Sheryl is so obsessive over earrings though, couldn't she buy a new set? Unless they have some sort of sentimental value...
You more than likely answered your own question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
I hope in the future eps he decide to cut his hair short, and we will have ourselves Hikaru and a hotblood pilot.
Orion's hoping he doesn't cut his hair or his long/short hair pairing in Alto/Ranka goes down the drain
Old 2008-04-13, 08:41   Link #111
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
i'm quite sad that shinsen sub isn't picking this up.

i guess they are far too much of a Gundam fans to like Macross.

D:
Old 2008-04-13, 09:04   Link #112
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Orion's hoping he doesn't cut his hair or his long/short hair pairing in Alto/Ranka goes down the drain

That's right! Keep that long hair and draw in those female viewers.

GAR is not a matter of hair length but a matter of attitude.

Gotta love Ranka's "Hey brother, you're in a department where you can get me that hot guy's (Alto's) name,address and phone number." Yep, she's age appropriate. Also kind of nice seeing girls doing this kind of thing in an anime.

Poor Alto. The military wants him as a pilot. Sheryl's after him for something which I hope is less trivial than "Have you seen my lost earring?". Ranka's after him doing the teen thing which is prob good until her brother finds out.

Last edited by orion; 2008-04-13 at 18:07. Reason: grammar corrected
Old 2008-04-13, 09:24   Link #113
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

I am so happy, I am a boy again watching Macross. Amazing episode.

The good word for the episode is aura. Macross Frontier have the soul of Macross in all moments in this episode.
Old 2008-04-13, 09:29   Link #114
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyel View Post
I am so happy, I am a boy again watching Macross. Amazing episode.

The good word for the episode is aura. Macross Frontier have the soul of Macross in all moments in this episode.
admit it. the boy in you never grew up anyway, just that your body kept growing.

macross has the awesome sauce, in this episode. It made me drool all over the place.

Old 2008-04-13, 10:02   Link #115
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Gotta love Ranka's "Hey brother, you're in a department where you get me that hot guy's (Alto's) name,address and phone number." Yep, she's age appropriate. Also kind of nice seeing girls doing this kind of thing in an anime.

Poor Alto. The military wants him as a pilot. Sheryl's after him for something which I hope is less trivial than "Have you seen my lost earring?". Ranka's after him doing the teen thing which is prob good until her brother finds out.
It seems foreordained that Alto will be part of SMS. And then he'll have the older and *very* protective brother of his love interest as his CO. And while I think Ozma was actually impressed by Alto's eagerness, he *did* punch him out for asking to fly the VF-25. Heaven knows what will happen to Alto when Ozma catches on. Now *that's* going to give us some interesting plot development.

Really, though, you're right, poor Alto. Dude was just trying to help, and now his life is going to get really, really complicated.
Old 2008-04-13, 10:09   Link #116
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
im going to call it know but Ozma is going to follow the path of kamina/roy/random gar guys and die an early death

the sieyu even fits, all we need is for him to say something like ...

kick reason to the curb and do he impossible, or the belive in you line
Old 2008-04-13, 10:20   Link #117
ChronoBreaker
UN SPACY Soldier

Send a message via Yahoo to ChronoBreaker
I like this episode of macross F, just make me remeber the second episode of macross when min may falls and hikaru come to the rescue itīs the same escene (Ranka and Alto this time), and the music OMG!, all that missiles for everywere yay!, im wainting the third episode whit more exitement , hey guys i wanna ask you somenthing ; here in japan the series are in HDTV format since 1 month, naruto its converted like the other series, well the fansubs groups gonna work whit the same quiality? MP4 its the only choice, divx too but MP4 its the most ceirtan standar of quality.

MISSILES!

Mmm... Hikaru saves Min May?... Deja Vu...

Misa back again!

2 Singers and 1 Pilot !
Old 2008-04-13, 11:03   Link #118
Eej
wat
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir senshi View Post
Thanks for your thoughts.

It's good to get more experienced anime watcher's perspectives.

I think good translation is very important for anime which involve subtle character development, strategy (ala death note) but less so for action orientated anime. As someone who's never watched any series of Macross before, I don't know what catergory Macross comes under but from what I hear, character development which in turn means dialogue is important in Macross Frontier. But in saying that (sorry for ranting), I'm still going to try out Gattai's version because I honestly can't wait any longer. My interest in anime has been waning but after watching ep1 of Macross, I remember why i used to love anime and the great feeling it brings.

Argh! Why did I just go off on a rant? fO_o
Speedsubs are speedsubs. We're trying to get the TL down 90-95% fairly quickly (02 should've been released Friday evening), enough that you can watch it and understand, for the most part, what's going on. I hope you're not archiving it because we're just releasing for people (like ourselves) who can't wait for certain groups that are known for being really slow to finally get around to this series.
Old 2008-04-13, 11:05   Link #119
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well this was a pretty fun episode. I'm happy that it got subbed and I could then have a clue about what was going on. A thanks to the subbers.

The Kabuki background gets cleared up a little. Being involved as a young age and switching later to piloting. Certainly is something he'd rather not have brought up.

Ranka's hair really does have a mind of its own. Great seeing it rise up like that right before the scream. Get two people in a one person piloting seat and even after a fight like that interesting situations come forward .

Alto's life really is going to get complicated, oh well those are the breaks.
Old 2008-04-13, 12:07   Link #120
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

Episode 2 is really good, the pacing of the episode was really excellent and the art didn't suffer from episode 1 at all. Looking at the preview for Episode 3, it probably won't be that action-packed though.

Nice to see Ozma's Valkyries (An armored VF-171?), I prefer it over the VF25 so far. VF-171 looks a bit like a mix of VF-1 and VF-4 whereas VF25 reminds me of the VF21
Closed Thread