AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-29, 10:35   Link #221
tsunade666

Touma's been a target practice of biribiri way before that's why when they first met when he has no memories of her. His IB just automatically cancels it. Maybe due to experience and as for accelerator the "reflect" status is automatic and even in speed of light as long as it enters the AIM field its deflected "BUT" that only occurs to past attacks. If you attack him with a new weapon that surpass the speed of light that accelerator hasn't seen yet so far then its a chance that its not been programed yet to reflect.
Old 2009-12-29, 18:42   Link #222
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...WHy is everybody trying to kill Accelerator ? Such is the curse of being the strongest
Poor guy

Quote:
He can redirect the water and the water pressure. If you mean dump him in a container, he'll just destroy the container. If you mean drop him into the sea, he'll just jump out.
If you mean that way... so he can walk in the water ... and now he has wings....
Old 2009-12-31, 19:26   Link #223
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Anyway we all know how to beat him: Hit it with a one shot (Touma), or hit him faster than he can think (That other guy).
Old 2010-01-01, 01:27   Link #224
tsunade666

other guy? what you mean the professor? his the only one that can match up accelerator's timing. Being the one in charge with his development. He knows every inch of his moves but after accelerator evolving into black wings that thing will not even be a problem. The only one that poses threat to him is touma which is his natural opponent but that's limited only on the science side. The magic side has different laws so the natural laws doesn't apply to them making accelerator the almighty doesn't stand a chance. Take the angels for the example. Oh btw theirs an artificial angel in the science side too.
Old 2010-01-01, 01:43   Link #225
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The only one that poses threat to him is touma which is his natural opponent but that's limited only on the science side. The magic side has different laws so the natural laws doesn't apply to them making accelerator the almighty doesn't stand a chance.
Maybe 'vectors that don't exist' apply to magic as well?
Old 2010-01-01, 02:06   Link #226
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

If only Aureolus Izzard didn't lose his mind. *sigh*

Izzard says: Accelerator's brain asplodes. *stabs himself*
*splorsh!*

Izzard wins.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-01-01, 02:07   Link #227
tsunade666

yap, That's why I add up the magic side that has different laws to begin with. They run on different methods giving the almighty control over every vector a hole in it. What if the magic formula doesn't need any form of vector on it. Like the one vent of the front use. She is one wacky cheater.

EDIT:

Who is the one your talking about? Aureleous? the alchemist or the magician?
Old 2010-01-01, 02:16   Link #228
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Then it's settled. Manipulate the situation such that Touma fights him, then kill him in the process. Only that you'll have to deal with emo!Touma after that...
Old 2010-01-01, 03:07   Link #229
tsunade666

touma can be killed easily. Just use a gun and his dead. Throwing a melee type attacker against him doesn't secure your win. His like an undying undead that even killed again and again just keeps up coming. So just snipe him down size.

Just be prepared to taste the wrath of his harem. Their is no place on earth that you could escape with. Try outer space.
Old 2010-01-01, 03:58   Link #230
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I feel like we're playing some table top game now...
Old 2010-01-01, 10:59   Link #231
Marina2

Some strange questions...... not sure why I asked these.

- If I am in the lowest rank of Lv5, will my ability still greater than the strongest Lv4 ability?

- To attack Touma with special power, what I have to do is just to make sure that he can't use his right hand to block it, right?

- Normally, Accelerator will always set his power to reflect all attacks from his body. Does this mean if he is using his ability in other way, he can't reflect the attack in that time?

- Can Touma's right hand and Accelerator's ability defend the ability like "mind control" or the attack that aim at the mind not the body?
Old 2010-01-01, 11:20   Link #232
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
- Normally, Accelerator will always set his power to reflect all attacks from his body. Does this mean if he is using his ability in other way, he can't reflect the attack in that time?

- Can Touma's right hand and Accelerator's ability defend the ability like "mind control" or the attack that aim at the mind not the body?
First question: Accelerator gets shot because he was focusing too hard on purging the virus vector from the Mikoto clone, so the answer to your question is yes because he has to focus when using his power evidently.

Second question: His imagine breaker seems to be able to block some magic spells just by being in the room. So then, I would assume yes. Either blood from his hand or simply touching his head probably would cancel out mind control.

Either way the premise of Index is just ridiculous. Accelerator's power to control vectors is the most ridiculous thing. As somebody already mentioned, if he uses his powers correctly he theoretically use potential energy and blow up the world DBZ style. Even if he can't use potential energy, if he uses gravity he could easily make black holes everywhere.
Old 2010-01-01, 11:28   Link #233
tsunade666

But that's only in the basis on the science side. Practically speaking if you compare them to DBZ. Accelerator can reflect back the hamehameha of the monkey guy or touma will just erase it entirely.

But their are certain limitations like for now. Accelerator is just half of the strength he has before. Even with 10+ clones to do his computation. That's only result into half of his powers before. Just show how monster his brains before damage. But still it doesn't change the facts about his ability to control vectors that he touches. With a limitations that its in the range of the computing capabilities and also within his time limit plus the range of signals.

But accelerators ability doesn't apply to magic which is the enery it's using is from an alienated world. Or just to say has its own principles. If the law that the magic state that it can't be block or redirected then it will hit.

As for touma........ if your a mage and an esper or any kind of being that relies on his power to do the trick...... TOUMA IS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE just snipe him down or use a cannon. And then his dead and also no close fight unless your practically saint class or above human strength but your make sure your not using power ups because its still useless. Like charge your body with energy. Its useless he will dispel it if you touch him or he touch you. Just make sure your own strength without anything can smash a boulders or building....or just master class of a martial arts but also be warned that his not easy to be taken down....... then you can win.
Old 2010-01-01, 17:32   Link #234
BlueDo

This is why we need an Accelerator thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
- If I am in the lowest rank of Lv5, will my ability still greater than the strongest Lv4 ability?

"Strongest"?
Sure, the level 5 status means you control reality better than others, but that doesn't mean you're strong.
You can have an ability like Konori's Clairvoyance, and lose to a level 2 or 3 since the power doesn't help in combat.
Accelerator just happens to be a special case where his power is the weakness of all ESPer abilities and he has the best control over his ability.

Without that stupid incident, I would say he can deflect attacks at all time.
He even does it in his sleep!
Author's explanation: Lol. Accelerator was operating at molecular levels, so his shield is down. Now he's not so omnipotent with that brain damage.

Touma shouldn't be able to. The alchemist was able to pin his body down before he bit his thumb.
Accelerator should be able to, assuming it's from ESP. (Redirect mind waves)
With magic, I doubt it.
Old 2010-01-01, 18:26   Link #235
Miraluka
Banned

Well we just use this thread as " To Aru Majutsu no Index - lolicon character discussion - Accelerator"
Old 2010-01-01, 18:29   Link #236
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
This is why we need an Accelerator thread...
Second, you should see how many posts in the Light Novel thread are related to him one way or another.

Quote:
"Strongest"?
Sure, the level 5 status means you control reality better than others, but that doesn't mean you're strong.
You can have an ability like Konori's Clairvoyance, and lose to a level 2 or 3 since the power doesn't help in combat.
Accelerator just happens to be a special case where his power is the weakness of all ESPer abilities and he has the best control over his ability.
Unfortunately, one of the characteristic of a Level 5 is the raw firepower they can dish out, it's one of the things that seperates them from other people. And yeah, there are some abilities that will probably never get to Level 5

That said, it's been proven that they CAN be defeated with the right tools/skills/luck, just don't expect a head on battle of powers.

Quote:
Touma shouldn't be able to. The alchemist was able to pin his body down before he bit his thumb.
Accelerator should be able to, assuming it's from ESP. (Redirect mind waves)
With magic, I doubt it.
There was the small case with the telepathy girl in the underground mall. Touma couldn't hear what she was saying to him.
Old 2010-01-01, 20:50   Link #237
ykf566

Does the type of ability determines whether level 5 is attainable or not? I was under the impression level 5 only accounts for how well you can control your ability. So it is influenced also by whether your ability is useful in combat or not?
Old 2010-01-01, 22:09   Link #238
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykf566 View Post
Does the type of ability determines whether level 5 is attainable or not? I was under the impression level 5 only accounts for how well you can control your ability. So it is influenced also by whether your ability is useful in combat or not?
My bad, I should've mentioned that was totally my opinion only.

But it seems what Level 5s have in common are their sheer power output.

Spoiler for Level 5 powers:

So you can see, THAT is what it takes to become a Level 5.
Old 2010-01-02, 02:26   Link #239
tsunade666

Spoiler for 5th rank and above:

Well every level 5 has pretty much fire power with them. That's why they usually have special treatment and also special class for them.
Old 2010-01-02, 05:50   Link #240
LockeManuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykf566 View Post
-_- Lightning in the Toaru universe doesn't seem to travel anywhere close to the speed of light(at least the ones created by Misaka). If it did travel at that speed, Touma would be smoked on every occasion....
Quote:
True But let's give them the benefit of the doubt and say maybe Touma has super reflexes, call it instincts or whatever.

We got to let some things slide...

When Misaka attempts to electrocute Touma, she makes sparkles... That's a big warning
So Touma extends his hand towards Misaka instinctively.
Touma's right hand now is the closest part of his body to her, so it acts as a lightning rod

Tags
q&a