AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-02, 14:29   Link #11861
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
... Personally, I want to see an Ollerus-Tabikake alliance against Aleister.
This has been in my mind for some time. Ollerus was ready to go up against Aleister just for the Gemstones, and now that he has Fiamma with knowledge of Aleister's aeon...

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-07-02, 14:42   Link #11862
Breidaluk

they don't say that fiamma knows everything about the new aeon, just that he knows one thing or other about aleister and what aleister told him in russia. Maybe they will have to meet touma later to talk about the "thing" hidden inside touma, problably because that "thing" is something that fiamma should already have known(according to what aleister told, that implies that that "thing" is something that should be from the aeon of osiris,maybe)
Old 2011-07-02, 18:08   Link #11863
Breidaluk

Was reading Vol 2. No wonder the aureolus dummy didn't appeared in the anime. For the anime they had to put censorship in that. Rating M.
Old 2011-07-03, 02:39   Link #11864
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

Touma is the Imagine Breaker wielder and also the King of 10000 Harem, however, 9968 of them have the same personality except Misaka 10032, 9959 Misakas are scattered all over the world. Misaka Mikoto is a tsundere who love to biribri Touma. Index is a loli nun who bit the hero whenever she is jealous. Misaka Imouto aka No10032 is an airhead who would do embarrassing stuffs to Touma with an expressionless face. Himegami Aisa is too shy to confess to Touma and the author does not give her enough appearance time and she is an airhead. Kanzaki Kaori is a timid swordwoman with similar personality to Misaka about not being honest, but she has a more mature body and she is easily tricked into doing embarrassing things to gain Touma's affection (or to repay his favor in her words). Itsuwa is a strongcandidate second to Misaka due to her devotion and her passion to protect Touma by risking her life. Lessar is a loli who loves to tease Touma and show her panties to recruit him for England's army. There are also other potential candidates: Agnese, Lucia, Angelene, Kazakiri, Fukiyose Seiri, Sasha, Oriana, Orsola Aquinas, Carissa, Vento, Floris, and many more...

If Etzali's organization is right, then Touma's army will take over the Earth and become King, but endless trouble will find their ways to him nonetheless.

I prefer that J.C. Staff adapt the rest of volume SS1 and volume 14 to 18 in season 3, then volume 19 to 22 for season 4, if there are extra episodes then either put in stories from SS volumes or adapt the first volume of New Testament as a cliffhanger.

Last edited by ngng; 2011-07-03 at 05:30.
Old 2011-07-03, 23:54   Link #11865
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Finally had time to finish up Vol. 22+ NT1. Thank you to all the people who've translated index! You have my utmost gratitude.
Though honestly I for sure didn't mind waiting longer for the translations.

Anyway, towards the end of NT1 even though I knew Touma was going to reappear I couldn't help but feel dissatisfied at that part.
I wanted Gunha running out from nowhere yelling a ridicoulos attack name to save the day!
Oh well...I'm sure Kamachi will bring the gemstones into the main # books soon enough.

Also am I correct in saying, that the only way for William to have any Saint-like strength/speed again is to borrow power from Curtana Second?

Last edited by FlavoryFantasy; 2011-07-04 at 00:04.
Old 2011-07-03, 23:57   Link #11866
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Who's William?

Oh Orville. Yeah you're right on that.
Old 2011-07-04, 01:25   Link #11867
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
Also am I correct in saying, that the only way for William to have any Saint-like strength/speed again is to borrow power from Curtana Second?
We really don't know the extent of Acqua's damage so it's hard to tell the "what if" for his recovery. Most likely the type of damage he suffered is enough so that "it won't naturally be healed over time", personally I think that is relevance in the story is going to increase tremendously now that he isn't invincible anymore, kinda like what happened with Yuriko.

BTW, volume 3 has been completed already at Baka Tsuki.
Old 2011-07-04, 09:17   Link #11868
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

It all started with this: Our Angel/Russian-tan wants to change her name again.

[QUOTE=Marcus H.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping
Quote:
Oh dear, here we go again.
@_@
Isn't Croitsef the given surname in the Index DVD Booklet?
There should be no contest to that.
Index DVD Booklet? Need to check here.

~Teh Ping
Please do. Sasha's surname is really a big headache.
Kruschchev, Kruezhev, Croitsef, Kroichev, so many variations! D:
Quote:
(@()&)&#@$%&)@&()&()$@(U&&*&@&^&$%&^*@
After you guys finish laughing at me for ranting, please, state your input into this.
Old 2011-07-04, 09:55   Link #11869
outerelf

[QUOTE=Teh_Ping;3678446]It all started with this: Our Angel/Russian-tan wants to change her name again.

Quote:

After you guys finish laughing at me for ranting, please, state your input into this.
First and foremost, I would suggest using one of the surnames that start with a K, because I know some people who study russian and surnames that start with C are really uncommon. Especially the Cr, most are Ch. But K's are much more common.

Kruschchev, Kruezhev <-- I'd (in my own humble opinion) choose one of those two because they sound the same with different spelling.
Old 2011-07-04, 10:02   Link #11870
Miraluka
Banned

^

X_x;;;

I can't be more confused.

Ok, who is willing to hunt down Kamachi in order to solve this confusion?
Old 2011-07-04, 10:50   Link #11871
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

^Funding it. Right here, right now.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is why I hate having to translate names.
Old 2011-07-04, 11:23   Link #11872
mols

Actually, there are no rules for names of people and places. Specially when they come from a different language. Take for example Ghadafi's name. You find different spellings not due to some mistranslation, but simply because there are many different ways. until of course the person concerned spells it how he writes it in your language.

In this case it comes from Russian written in katakana...right?
Old 2011-07-04, 12:04   Link #11873
ellifeedn
Thinker

Did you have trouble with the Aztec names?
Old 2011-07-04, 12:59   Link #11874
leukrota

Well, Khrushchev (sometimes spelled Khrushchov) is a real Russian surname (Nikita Khrushchev being the most famous) so I'd vote for that one.

Of course, there's the problem with Russian having a different alphabet, so as outerelf said, whether it's Khrushchev or Kruezhev would be more a matter of convention as both try to describe the same sound. Yet, I've never seen Kruezhev in real life to spell that surname.

On the other hand, we don't know if Kamachi used a real name or just made it out of his imagination...

... Anyway, as contacting Kamachi ain't that easy I still vote for Khrushchev.
Old 2011-07-04, 13:24   Link #11875
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
^Funding it. Right here, right now.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is why I hate having to translate names.
Croitsef was the one given by Kamachi and that's the one that has to be kept, it's as simple of that. We are not discussing what's right and what's wrong but mostly we are focusing on what the author was saying. Of course that Croitsef is wrong for Russian standards

If we start to go with "what's supposed to be" and "what it is" we are never going to finish; an easiest example would be Hamazura, for what I remember the reading of his kanji name it's supposed to never give Hamazura but something like Hamamo, but the author pushed us to use Hamazura because he wanted to; since japanese names can be "more exact" on that regard a proper "discussion" never ensued about it, but with Sasha's case things were left in the air so it's harder to "settle" without an official statement.

To me it's the same deal, kinda like how ability names are pretty radical when it comes to Kanji <- Furigana -> Romanji.

...... To me the actual question would be if Misha has the exact same Croitsef for a last name. Didn't the Angel tailored her name after Sasha and thus should be kept the same? Most of the fan translated media (wiki / baka tsuki) keeps Misha as Kreuzhev, which shouldn't be the case if we take it as if Misha did tailored that name after Sasha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Did you have trouble with the Aztec names?
Those are copipe from other things, so they are easy to trace. There are cases when the furigana is exactly given in the novel itself, like the pics with the names of the aztec planes in the Liberal Arts City story.
Old 2011-07-04, 18:56   Link #11876
Breidaluk

Question: Is Himegami living with Komoe and Musujime or did Himegami move to a student dormitory before musujime start living with komoe?
Old 2011-07-04, 19:29   Link #11877
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Himegami moved to a dormitory. Also there is a Q&A thread.
Old 2011-07-04, 19:31   Link #11878
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
Question: Is Himegami living with Komoe and Musujime or did Himegami move to a student dormitory before musujime start living with komoe?
She moved out to the student dorms before being transferred, Komoe mentioned this in both the novel and the anime when the class started talking about going for Yakiniku (or was it yakisoba?), all of this while she pointed out that another girl moved in with her.

I feel like having meat
Old 2011-07-04, 22:11   Link #11879
Breidaluk

but himegami met musujime? If so, then there's the possibility of musujime being infected with kamiyan disease
Old 2011-07-04, 22:16   Link #11880
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
but himegami met musujime? If so, then there's the possibility of musujime being infected with kamiyan disease
Well it's unlikely that Himegami left the exact same day Musujime moved in.

Secondly, the Kamiyan disease doesn't spread from female contact, especially if they've never met before. In the first place, the Kamiyan disease is relatively weak in Himegami.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen